Nerf That!

Troo

6 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Has anyone mentioned it? Lets Nerf Regen. Twice. And also Titan weapons. And bio. Also, Nerf forums. And Nerf brutes. Nerf everything but 6 slot brawl. Then, Nerf that too.

Pwntersauce everything. Three ways from Sunday. 😁😁😁

We shall call this “Summon The Emmert” temporary power.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 1/17/2020 at 10:28 AM, Haijinx said:

Sure it does.  You don't remember making this exact same post the last 1345663424 times in this infinite time loop?

The fact that point was made a finite number of times proves that the time loop itself is not infinite. I suggest we nerf infinity to resolve this issue.

• Like 2

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

On 1/16/2020 at 2:35 PM, Rathulfr said:

Acelerar!

[Opinión impopular por delante] Realmente creo que Acelerar necesita al menos un cambio: ¿por qué Acelerar reduce la recarga de sí mismo? Uno de estos días, Acelerar abrirá un agujero en el multiverso.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Nerf creativity. There's too gosh darn many toons with un-optimal builds. Nerf choices, too. Pick a couple of powersets per AT and call it good. While you're at it, take a look at the color palette. How many crayons are in the standard small box? Something like 8, right? That's, like, 4 more than you need for a costume.  I would also like to see more "Kill X things to collect the other things, and bring them to the person on the far side of the map, who will make you a cosmetic thing from the looted things" missions, please.

21 hours ago, Hagis said:

Nerf creativity. There's too gosh darn many toons with un-optimal builds. Nerf choices, too. Pick a couple of powersets per AT and call it good. While you're at it, take a look at the color palette. How many crayons are in the standard small box? Something like 8, right? That's, like, 4 more than you need for a costume.  I would also like to see more "Kill X things to collect the other things, and bring them to the person on the far side of the map, who will make you a cosmetic thing from the looted things" missions, please.

There are some great ideas here, but they don't go far enough. There's too many ATs. Why do we need so many melee ATs? Get rid of tankers, brutes and stalkers. They're basically all the same anyway. There's too much ranged, as well. Get rid of sentinel completely and nerf defender and corruptor damage modifiers. For that matter, defenders are too effective at buffing the party, and they're able to spam buffs too often. Nobody wants AM or FS on them all the time, it's annoying. Reduce that, increase recharge times, and add an HP cost to use any of their powers. The only AT that should be doing any observable ranged damage is Blasters. But nerf them too, they're OP enough already. Rework their secondaries and remove all powers that have any effects aside from damaging the enemy. Also, MMs should only be able to summon one type of pet at a time. Having 3 types of pets out at once is OP and not fair to players who don't have pets. Leave Controllers and Doms alone, those guys have it hard enough as it is.

All villain groups should be given an equivalent to sappers, and every enemy group should have at least one. If end drain annoys you, either get better, fix your build, or go play something else.

And, further to Hagis' suggestion above, can we all agree that we should just get rid of all door missions? Nobody likes them anyway. Instanced content is bullshit, it goes against the tone of the game, and it's been a plague on CoX since the very beginning. Actually, maybe let's leave in a couple, but only door missions that use the large cave maps and require 3 or 4 clickies to finish.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rock Hardstrong said:

All villain groups should be given an equivalent to sappers, and every enemy group should have at least one. If end drain annoys you, either get better, fix your build, or go play something else.

A Vahzilok sapper would be cruelly unusual, if not unusually cruel. (I'm specifically thinking of Doc V at the end of Positron II. Imagine if he were somehow to be equipped with some kind of device to drain energy from a targeted nervous system..)  .........see, this is why you need to nerf creativity. That stuff's just dangerous!

On 1/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, Troo said:

See something that needs 'adjustment'. Post it here.

Changes are coming to a number of things - Some for the better some for the worse. Opinions vary. 

• AE Farms (alphabetically first)
  • Brutes
  • Energey Melee (Again! What the hell?!) just kidding
  • Laziness
  • Procs
  • Runaway Survive-ability

No need to argue or debate. Simply looking for topics to examine and then debate.. elsewhere. No opinion is a bad one here.

Brutes do need a nerf. Fury is giving way too much bonus damage. Combine this with a build up, rage, and base damage res and def as a tank you have an over the top class. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, cparks70402 said:

Brutes do need a nerf. Fury is giving way too much bonus damage. Combine this with a build up, rage, and base damage res and def as a tank you have an over the top class. 

Fury is the only reason Brutes do any damage. Their damage modifier is low, so damage buffs don't have as big of an effect, which is also why their damage cap is so high.