Nerf That!

Troo

7 hours ago, Latex said:

Head to your local AE Building to see what's Overpowered, HINT; It's Spines/Fire Brutes.

"Being good at one specific thing" != "overpowered" (and Spines/Fire Brutes aren't even the best at what they do).

Edited by macskull
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

9 hours ago, SaintD said:

Nerf defence. I can't even play resist sets anymore, they feel like a joke.

Ah, but defense is much easier to build with IOs.  Which means that resist sets can stack def on top of their resists while it's much harder for def sets to add resistance, so actually it's the resist sets that need to be nerfed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 1/23/2020 at 7:44 AM, Latex said:

Head to your local AE Building to see what's Overpowered, HINT; It's Spines/Fire Brutes.

Or you can stop your whining and bother to notice that really anything can farm if you build a farm specifically to its strengths. I farm with my blasters, I farm with my dominators. Or if you don't like it you can just not make one or don't farm and stop making it your business to crap on the people that enjoy it. Every single armor type can be built to be strong to ONE aspect of protection. And as such every single brute or tanker etc, can farm if they build that farm to deal only in that specific damage type. So I guess all tankers and brutes are Overpowered and all need to be nerfed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Submitted for consideration I would like to suggest nerfing the fear in Burn, End consumption for all toggle powers, the "rule of 5" for IO bonus slotting, and the "unique" limitation on IO set use. 

Just saying, lets retake the term nerf and make it into a positive again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, Grouchybeast said:

Ah, but defense is much easier to build with IOs.  Which means that resist sets can stack def on top of their resists while it's much harder for def sets to add resistance, so actually it's the resist sets that need to be nerfed!

It is easier, yes, especially because you only have to get to 45%, versus anywhere from 75% to 90% for resistance, but with the changes to set bonuses in I24+, it's possible to get meaningful resistance through IO sets.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2020 at 11:22 PM, macskull said:

"Being good at one specific thing" != "overpowered" (and Spines/Fire Brutes aren't even the best at what they do).

6 hours ago, QuiJon said:

Or you can stop your whining and bother to notice that really anything can farm if you build a farm specifically to its strengths. I farm with my blasters, I farm with my dominators. Or if you don't like it you can just not make one or don't farm and stop making it your business to crap on the people that enjoy it. Every single armor type can be built to be strong to ONE aspect of protection. And as such every single brute or tanker etc, can farm if they build that farm to deal only in that specific damage type. So I guess all tankers and brutes are Overpowered and all need to be nerfed. 

Wow you guys really bit. I thought this was a satire thread. 😨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Latex said:

Wow you guys really bit. I thought this was a satire thread. 😨

While that seems to be the way everyone's responded to it, I'm like 99% sure the OP's post wasn't satire considering their post history.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, macskull said:

It is easier, yes, especially because you only have to get to 45%, versus anywhere from 75% to 90% for resistance, but with the changes to set bonuses in I24+, it's possible to get meaningful resistance through IO sets.

So...what you're saying is we need to nerf resistance AND defense?

I'm concerned that if we do that then players will take to just hiding around corners, and nerfing all the corners could have serious implications for the map geometry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 1/25/2020 at 4:02 AM, Grouchybeast said:

So...what you're saying is we need to nerf resistance AND defense?

I'm concerned that if we do that then players will take to just hiding around corners, and nerfing all the corners could have serious implications for the map geometry.

Nerf corners. And buildings. Nerf ranged powers and geometry. Nerf the mighty morphin' power losers. Nerf calculus and noodle soup.

Nerf right click Mouse button, nerf Ben Savage, nerf the wonder years and Nerf Big Ben. Nerf Elmo.

Nerf nerf.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:37 PM, macskull said:

While that seems to be the way everyone's responded to it, I'm like 99% sure the OP's post wasn't satire considering their post history.

We can have fun and a voice opinions at the same time, can't we?

I merely threw out some that could be considered common complaints and some silly. I appreciate those that take the time to express a concern, create humor or just vent.

There is a lot of humor in things that are at least partially troo.

• Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/27/2020 at 2:28 AM, Troo said:

We can have fun and a voice opinions at the same time, can't we?

I merely threw out some that could be considered common complaints and some silly. I appreciate those that take the time to express a concern, create humor or just vent.

There is a lot of humor in things that are at least partially troo.

Nerf opinions and troof!

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

Taken from the Suggestions board that I’d just learned to live with, but really does annoy me when I think about it;

Nerf Sound Effects and Music volumes.

I play with them set to 3% and 2% respectively and they still overwhelm all but the loudest parts of music or audio I’m streaming at max volume in the background.

The settings that don’t blow out my eardrums are so low there’s no ability to fine tune them at all... going up or down a percent on the FX is a 33% change and it’s worse for the in game music.

So, I’d like to see a global Sound Effects and Music nerf of 50%.

Alternately, I want implementation of the old long-promised FREEM visual sound effects system. This is a comic book world; we should be reading, not hearing, the sound effects. 😁

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chris24601 said:

Taken from the Suggestions board that I’d just learned to live with, but really does annoy me when I think about it;

I play with them set to 3% and 2% respectively and they still overwhelm all but the loudest parts of music or audio I’m streaming at max volume in the background.

The settings that don’t blow out my eardrums are so low there’s no ability to fine tune them at all... going up or down a percent on the FX is a 33% change and it’s worse for the in game music.

Alternately, I want implementation of the old long-promised FREEM visual sound effects system. This is a comic book world; we should be reading, not hearing, the sound effects. 😁

This is all true. My sound effects volume is set to 10% and it's still louder than all the other apps on my PC.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Confused 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

14 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

13 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

This is all true. My sound effects volume is set to 10% and it's still louder than all the other apps on my PC.

I like most of the sounds in the game, I think the Legacy sound guy did a good job overall. The game sounds are overly loud though and I play with my volumes at around 10% unless I'm in chat with friends then I have to turn it down even further.

Some sounds I find truly annoying; MM Bots stomping around and Demon rawrs, the portals in PI, Spines and Fire auras to name a few. Some I silence outright other I modify. I reduced dog bark volumes by 80%, Demons giggle like infants, Bots squeak like rubber duckies, glowies cackle like pack of hyenas.

• Confused 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.