Speed/Solo Cavern of Transcendence Trial

KaizenSoze

On 1/16/2020 at 4:39 PM, KaizenSoze said:

First you will have to unlock the task force via completing the The Heart of the Hollows (12-14) arc. This can be done via Oroboros. The arc should take about 30-45 due to the number of glowies, kill alls, and finding Atta in a very large map.

As noted in the wiki for this mission, Atta is almost always in the same spot, so once you know where that is there is not really any "finding" needed.  Speeds that mission up a lot if you just stealth to him.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Talshak_the_Mystic#Defeat_Trolls.27_leader.2C_Atta

On a related note, if you're going for the 'assist' badges (i.e. do a weekly strike target again AFTER receiving the bonus for running it that week), this is absolutely the best way to get it.  When I was working on the final badge (50 assists), there were a couple other people also working on that badge and we could easily recruit additional people who just wanted to run once for the bonus.  i.e.  We could easily recruit people whose Team Teleport had not been used already.

With multiple invisible people, we wanted to see how far under 2 minutes we could get the completion time.  Our best run was 1:26  (86 seconds).

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:48 PM, Ulysses Dare said:

That suggestion about the SG buff station is a good one, I always forget that thing is there.

I don't see this anywhere in SG base edit mode... what is the item called?

To add to the confusion, according to paragonwiki there are "items of power" that gave SG buffs on LIVE, but you had to be an SG mode... however there is no +stealth one.

Help? 🙂

For others who were just as lost as me:

This "SG buff station" several posters kept referring to is, of course, not called that. I had to dig around and by trying MANY random objects finally stumbled upon:

- In the "Tech Workshop" tab- Radiation Emulator, Linear Accelerator, Supercollider

- In the "Arcane Workshop" tab- Enchanting Crucible, Arcane Crucible, Mystic Crucible

Those objects allow for crafting of empowerments, including "grant invisibility".

Knowing the right terminology, I was able to look up all buffs here:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Empowerment_Station

Played on live for several years and NEVER realized this was a thing!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, alphamax said:

For others who were just as lost as me:

This "SG buff station" several posters kept referring to is, of course, not called that. I had to dig around and by trying MANY random objects finally stumbled upon:

- In the "Tech Workshop" tab- Radiation Emulator, Linear Accelerator, Supercollider

- In the "Arcane Workshop" tab- Enchanting Crucible, Arcane Crucible, Mystic Crucible

Those objects allow for crafting of empowerments, including "grant invisibility".

Knowing the right terminology, I was able to look up all buffs here:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Empowerment_Station

Played on live for several years and NEVER realized this was a thing!

Thank you for the research. I'll edit the OP to reflect. Sometimes I forget to be specific about stuff like this.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Stealth - super speed is probably enough, but keep reading. SG bases can have an Empowerment Station where you can craft an timed invisibility buff.

You should probably make it clear that, even though the buff is called 'Grant Invisibility', it does NOT give actual invisibility - only stealth.

If you stack it with Super Speed or a stealth IO, THEN you will have 'full' invisibility.  It won't work against snipers, Rikti drones, etc.  But it's complete invisibility against everything you encounter in the Cavern trial.

Also note that clicking an obelisk suppresses the stealth.  I normally use the combat stats on my characters to monitor my PvE stealth radius to see exactly when it unsuppresses.  The Grant Invisibility buff gives you 25' stealth.  You need more to be 'invisible' to most enemies.  I forget whether it's 50' or 55'.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.