Inspiration Combination to next tier

Joshex

I find it funny that main argument in this thread is basically "Did this really exist back then?" Honestly, just from reviewing the OP's 1st post, I am for the combination of insp to the next tier. Whether this was an old option or not, I could care less! It sounds like a good idea. I've yet to see a convincing argument that would make me consider this not to be a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, Seroster01 said:

I'd like to chime in that I was personally very confused when I went to convert Insp on HC & saw that there wasn't an option to combine 3 insp to do a tier-up. I stared at the combine UI for a good bit trying to see what I was missing.

So, FWIW, I also have a memory of this feature. But I have no idea when in this was in terms of the game's lifecycle, and/or when it would've been changed. Very early? Very late? I have no idea, I just remember that I did it quite a bit at some point.

thanks for coming to the rescue hero! i appreciate it. I was feeling like I was in an episode of the twilight Zone for a bit. Edited

On 1/18/2020 at 6:26 PM, CU_Krow said:

I find it funny that main argument in this thread is basically "Did this really exist back then?" Honestly, just from reviewing the OP's 1st post, I am for the combination of insp to the next tier. Whether this was an old option or not, I could care less! It sounds like a good idea. I've yet to see a convincing argument that would make me consider this not to be a good idea.

you are right, whether this was previous a feature or not, I need to remember that it is not currently a feature and would require some work from the devs. therefore I should treat this as a feature request rather than a reinstatement.

further more on that note, I would like apologize to anyone I had been arguing with about whether it was a feature or not. lets indeed talk about the actual benefits, pros versus cons. naturally we can discus potential cons and find ways to limit or eliminate them.

such as not allowing combination to the next tier by macro, only by the drop down menu to alleviate concerns about macros allowing people to make childs-play of of filling their tray too fast. though I personally don't think even a macro will be able to handle this function due to the complexity (as proposed in the last long spoiler).

Edited by Joshex
Twilight Zone, not twilight show lol

• 1 year later

I also very vividly remember sitting in RWZ combining insp to higher tiers for my SG to get a promotion and having to email myself them or trade them with SG members to make room.  You unlocked the next Tier to convert to whenever your insp tray expanded to that size. 

You'd buy a bunch of the tier 1 insp to combine 4 into Tier 2's then combine 5 Tier 2's into a Tier 3. 

On 1/18/2020 at 9:57 AM, Joshex said:

nope you'd run out of space, you'd have at best 2 tier 2s and tier 1 clogging you from filling it completely. And maybe just maybe they NEVER had it allowed as a macro for this very reason. so there is that option, just don't include it as a macro option but include it as a selectable option. I never used macros, so I have no clue if it was allowed in macro. you'd also have to do it strategically not spamming, if you filled up the whole tray with tier 1s from vendor, lets say 5x4 slots, /3 = 6.66667 so you'd have one left over as a tier 1 and 6 tier 2s, enough to make 2 tier 3s, and 13 empty slots. if you continued to spam buy and not convert to t3 you'd run out of space with a tray almost full of t2s and 2 t1s. you'd then have to convert to t3s which would yield 6 t3s, with a left over 2 t1s, spamming yet again to fill up on t1s you'd have to convert to t2s again with only 14 slots to combine in, which yields 4 more t2s and a t1 leftover, if you convert to t3 you'd gain 1 extra t3 (7 total) have a t2 and a t1 left over and 12 empty slots. you can see how this would be cumbersome.

Edit 5x4 not x3..

next lets assume you wanted multiple types of t3s, blue, green, yellow, red, purple. you'd have to not spam now, you'd have to buy exactly 12 t1 blue, make 4 t3 blue, then with 16 spaces left over buy 12 t1 green, it checks out, now you have combined 4 t3 green, now you have 12 slots again it checks out you can combine 12 yellow to make 4 t3 yellow, now you have 8 slots... it does not check out. you need 12. now you need to email completed reds ones to yourself one at a time to make room for the next batch. then there's purple that will be tight.

it's a slow process. it's not realistic to do by "spamming keys" you need to think about what you are doing.

YEP!!! I remember this EXACTLY!!!!  You had to move them around to make room to be able to get them and even then you'd run out of room and have to clear the fully converted ones out to be able to fill your insp tray with the T3 insp. 

As a big believer in using inspirations I can safely say this was to my memory not a thing, though not an uncommon request.  I would not have spent as much time either purchasing off the AH or hunting Kora fruit in one of my favorite zones as much as I did if it were an option as described.   And the idea that I and tens of thousands of other players wouldn't have noticed the option and not spread that knowledge around (either positively or negatively) seems about as likely as saying knockback didn't exist pre-Freedom.

That said as an option to be included as a "QoL" option ... 'meh' it's ridiculously easy to obtain large ones (at least with a level 50+) so I'm not sure it would truly make things all that more easy.   I'd much rather Developer time be spent on content that would make such inspires a true need.