What is the full story of Praetoria?

Latex

3 hours ago, Darmian said:

A thought.  For a given value of "now", that being post the Magisterium incarnate trial/Number Six/Mr. G/New Praetorians, the only part of Praetoria that "safely" still exists - oh it's a laugh - has to be Night Ward. I could be wrong on that obviously, but the Seed of Hamidon and the DE are simply not there pre Cole's nuke, and there's no reason to think they would be there after.

I would love to have a third version of the zone called Dawn Ward where you turn the Midnight Mansion and the Night Ward into a gleaming magical city for Praetorian refugees but have to face off against Hamidon bleeding into the Twilight Paths.

Use that blinding sun screenspace effect with a tone down for an entire zone.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

13 hours ago, Sunsette said:

I would love to have a third version of the zone called Dawn Ward where you turn the Midnight Mansion and the Night Ward into a gleaming magical city for Praetorian refugees but have to face off against Hamidon bleeding into the Twilight Paths.

Use that blinding sun screenspace effect with a tone down for an entire zone.

Well, that's different! 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

lol, being polite, are we? 🙂

I feel like "Praetoria is ruined" is a bit too much of a running theme -- the underground runs parallel to the above for all three of the base Prae zones (and Neutropolis already gets a bit grimy). First Ward is a wreck outright and Night Ward nosedives it. Seeing the dawn afterwards would be, well, neat. In my opinion, anyway.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

2 hours ago, Sunsette said:

lol, being polite, are we? 🙂

I feel like "Praetoria is ruined" is a bit too much of a running theme -- the underground runs parallel to the above for all three of the base Prae zones (and Neutropolis already gets a bit grimy). First Ward is a wreck outright and Night Ward nosedives it. Seeing the dawn afterwards would be, well, neat. In my opinion, anyway.

No, I get it, I just don't see how they could do it, that's all. I don't even know

Spoiler

how many Midnighters survive, since the Mansion is cleared out by Shadow Hunter apparently during the Vetrano story arc.

Edit: Spoiler tag added.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

18 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

Oh damn, did not know that. (Haven't done Vetrano's arc yet!)

OOPS!  Sorry!

Can I interest you in some Praetorian AEs to soften the blow?  LOL.  Should have spoilered that.*  Now, I COULD be wrong, you see what you think when you get to Vetrano.

* Spoiler tag since added for those who come later to this.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, GraspingVileTerror said:

I want there to be a solid framework for all players to build their wonderful stories upon.  

I want it to be a strong framework, but also flexible.  Multiple foundations, interconnected to one another, but with plenty of space to build upward or outward from each.

I believe that's the ideal path forward for the game's sustainable longevity, as opposed to canon storylines which constrict creativity.

This is the part where I raise my 'gatekeeping scum' hand.  In theory, yes, I agree with the 'the kitchen sink can accommodate all concepts' ideal.  However, the lore - and this is with the full acknowledgement that all of Praetoria is unreliable narrators being unreliable at other, equally unreliable narrators - exists to establish a tonal basis and give players a shared set of expectations and ground-floor understanding to build off of.  Going really deep-cut requires establishing that base-level first, in the same way that niche hobby spaces exist because it gets tiresome to relitigate the 101 of 'how to [X]' on a seasonal basis.

It's hard to build a house on a foundation of sand, particularly when I'm coming from the perspective of an RP supergroup leader who runs a group where the concept is 'refugees from Praetoria, now superheroes under a Vanguard remit': it assumes certain foundational points like 1) Praetoria has collapsed and there are refugees, and 2) Vanguard is in charge of their resettlement, which not everyone in the playerbase agrees with.  That's totally fine, and I'm not disputing their right to be a part of the Everlasting community, but characters who don't share the guild's agreement that - say - there are no longer currently-active Powers Division serving Emperor Cole, are going to mesh with our storylines poorly.

We don't go "bad concept, rejected," but we do try to negotiate concepts to better fit the shared understanding, most commonly in the form of, "Hey, love the backstory, it's super well written!  Now, unfortunately our understanding of canon was that there were no active Praetors of the same stature as White, Tilman, Sinclair, Berry and Duncan, so maybe instead of being the Praetor of Light at the time of Praetoria's fall, your character could have been a disgraced former Praetor who originally worked with Tilman but had to go underground at some point to escape the purges?"

In particular, we tend to most heavily litigate concepts that would require the most concessions from other player's understandings of the lore, or that least directly acknowledge that shared ground-floor thesis of 'we're refugees who were either tools of the regime or Resistance against it,' and the irony is that these character concepts tend to be some of the most obviously lore-worshipping out there, but they just make jumps with it that aren't the same jumps we've made, or preclude/override our own jumps.  Most dramatically, and I wish all the best to this player because their aesthetic was awesome, we had to reject an applicant who was a True Rikti from the Praetorian dimension who had invaded Praetoria with her fleet to help Vanguard during the Praetorian War, because adding 'massive interdimensional good-guy Rikti army working in tandem with Vanguard' to our shared Praetoria fanon was way too much of a leap for the tone of the guild, which assumes a more grounded approach to the themes of revolution and abuse of power.

This is not, mind you, to imply that @Sunsette's concept is in any way equivocal to inserting an army of Rikti unseating Tyrant to the canon, because it's not.  It's a well-thought-out exercise and I appreciate them for humoring me being a fuddy-duddy about it.  But more, it's to state that I disagree with the thesis that All Lore Hot Takes Can Exist In Harmony, or at least they can't at the depth that I like to dig to.  I'm never ever going to tell someone 'your character is invalid, don't play that' because it would make me, in a scientific terms, an odious dick.  But I do often have to make the value judgement of 'do I want to subject my character to the complete overhauling of everything he knows by getting a drink with this other character at Pocket D,' and that often ends with me (politely) opting-out.

• Like 2

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

Well, it was me who brought up the gatekeeping comment, but I'll clarify that I mean it in a narrow sense. I posted a pic of an example from "A Hero's Epic" where I want three words removed to smooth out the timeline.  Not undo it or write over it but smooth it out. Gaps are fine.  Grounding things is fine. Preserving the intent of the lore is fine, and I mostly agree with it.  Mostly. I've done a set of AE arcs that would probably fit right into some of the backstory of your guild, @TwoDee, Loyalist and Resistance, since they're designed to slip in between Neutropolis and taking the Rift missions/going to First Ward, rather than what your SG might think of as flights of fancy!

My gatekeeping bugbears are simple. The game as it shut down in 2012 is not preserved in amber, it lives, and breathes and moves, and it's actually a good thing that it evolves or even corrects itself along the way.*

*I have various suggestions elsewhere on the expanded uses of Paragon Dance Party/Studio 55/Rikti Monkey Fight Club, but one of the first reactions I received for an early suggestion on making PDP a viable space again - simply because (a) it's there and (b) in HC's current state recycling existing assets is I feel a good thing - was that it was shut down for a reason, ie the arrival of Pocket D, and should be left that way "because". Horse shit. It is THAT sort of gatekeeping that gets me exercised rather than any other.  Similarly with the suggestion to remove three words from the Jenkins example, a response I got was, effectively, well it's supposed to be there. SMH. 

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

Right.  I've finally finished my trilogy of Resistance AEs (levels 19-24), to pair with a similar set of Loyalist AEs.  They are all designed to fit into the timeline, whether any of you agree or not is another thing entirely.  As usual with my Lore referencing AEs I try to write them with this in mind: Could they be arcs that a player might have missed and then found in Ouro?  Details in the signature.  Enjoy.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe the OP is asking about the story of Praetoria. In my opinion, the story comes from texts and story arcs that reside within the game. Other sources would be notes and documents from previous developers (Cryptic and Paragon Studios).

On the other hand, this information is hard to find. The story arcs are available in the wiki, but others are not. For example, as @TwoDee pointed out, not many of us would feverishly click on citizens to get their stories out. So, I guess a bit of headcanon growing from the primary source is okay. My definition of "a bit" is sketchy, though.

Yes, I feel that this thread deviates from its initial purpose. Also, I am confused about whether to react negatively to these headcanons or just let them write anything. After all, a story is a story, and I still want another gold side story. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

On the to do list right now (notes sketched out) is an AE arc set in First Ward before the Hamidon attack.  Yes, I'll have to use indoor maps, because even if we get First Ward maps in the AE they'll be ruins.  Let's see how it goes.

I'm loving this thread as I'm a bit of a Gold-side fan.  There's not much to add other than a few small things.

At the end of the New Praetorians arc, you can ask Marchand about the evacuation.  He mentions Portal Corp is helping extract survivors from around the world.  With the fall of Cole and Praetoria it may be as much precautionary and concern of impending retaliation as it is direct attacks.  At least while Hamidon is focused on razing Praetoria.

As for the timing of First Ward, because it is several arcs, I assume it takes place over weeks or months.  It's only obliquely referred to, but you do get updates on how groups such as the Forlorn are settling in, or how Anna is handling leadership challenges, and those things would take time to happen.  That can make its beginning and end be a little fuzzy for slotting with events elsewhere.  To me that helps with discrepancies rather than hurts it since it's a period rather than a point in time, and means some seeming conflicts aren't.

Between Enriche, propaganda, disinformation campaigns, multi-tiered conspiracies, fear of Cole, fear of Hamidon, repeated resettlements, and a whole host of competing factions it's not too surprising first-hand accounts are all over the place.  For all its outward regimentation, the psyche of Praetoria is a ball of utter chaos.  (Whereas Primal Earth is the reverse.)  The most reliable sources of the Truth are the Praetors who are also the most untrustworthy.

I still need to run through the Dark Astoria stuff.  Is Night Ward directly or indirectly responsible for Dark Astoria?  I noticed Furies running around.  Did some Praetorians decide if they can't blow up their world, they'll try Primal Earth?  Did our encounter with Dominatrix when trying to gain Tammy's amulet tip her off to what was happening and that lead to her involvement here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siouxsie said:

Did some Praetorians decide if they can't blow up their world, they'll try Primal Earth?  Did our encounter with Dominatrix when trying to gain Tammy's amulet tip her off to what was happening and that lead to her involvement here?

Not quite but you're close!

(As an aside I personally think the only properly surviving area of Praetoria, for a given value of "surviving", is Night Ward. No Hamidon there at all.  Bleak place to escape to though.)

3 hours ago, Darmian said:

Not quite but you're close!

(As an aside I personally think the only properly surviving area of Praetoria, for a given value of "surviving", is Night Ward. No Hamidon there at all.  Bleak place to escape to though.)

Just finished running all the Night Wars arcs through Ouro, and I'm fairly certain that zone exists outside of Praetoria in what was described as a dimension in between the living and the dead. It was sort of implied that the Netherworld was seeping in to the living and Night Ward was the focal point. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Just finished running all the Night Wars arcs through Ouro, and I'm fairly certain that zone exists outside of Praetoria in what was described as a dimension in between the living and the dead. It was sort of implied that the Netherworld was seeping in to the living and Night Ward was the focal point. 

Well, yes and no. It's First Ward's dark mirror essentially. The Underworld of First Ward. So it's still Praetoria, just effectively dead Praetoria. Dead in a different way to the rest of Praetoria now though!

• 5 weeks later

I can't find exploration badge from Homecoming team yet, so I'll post passages that I found on this thread:

Prime Warden Exploration Mission

The First Ward is a hotbed of dangerous activity from an impressive variety of sources. These reports from D.U.S.T. evaluate locations and groups they have identified as threats, with proposed countermeasures and strategic recommendations. While they are usually not so forthcoming with these documents, high mortality rates amongst personnel often leaves the evaluations in unexpected places. Between the presence of the Devouring Earth, the Talons of Vengeance, and a variety of strange psionic or otherworldly monstrosities, having any and all information at your disposal is crucial for your survival in this place.

Eye of The Vortex
There are many hypotheses that have been submitted by D.U.S.T. on the origin and nature of the vortex that looms over the entire First Ward. Some believe it is a beacon that calls the Seeds of Hamidon to protect the area. Others would say it is a portal into another realm, given form via an incomprehensible evil. The vortex is certainly commanding in presence -- it is prominently seen from anywhere within the region. Sizing the vortex up, it appears to be centered above the tallest building within the Sunken City. You wonder: If you climbed that tower, could you reach up and manage a touch of the energy swirling above?
You have to refrain from staring upwards and into the revolving maelstrom for too long or you start to get dizzy. The swirling energy seems to pull you towards it, and not physically. It somehow feels as though your very essence is being siphoned from your body and dragged through to whatever the vortex's source may be. 

Shadow Walker
There are numerous informational gaps within D.U.S.T.'s reports on the spectral spaces maintained by the Carnival of Light. Despite not being able to grasp their true nature, they have managed to deduce that they are utilized for the traversal of something based on their layout around the First Ward. After having mapped out their general whereabouts, the D.U.S.T. Rangers have left the pathways alone, having concluded they do not pose any immediate danger to their operations. You have noticed the strange runes and bizarre spatial shifts that occur within their confines from the times you have crossed their borders by mistake.  Understanding the purpose of these pathways and learning their locations would likely prove beneficial. You cannot imagine the Carnival of Light created them for fun.
If you had to hazard a guess, you would assume they ward against some malevolent force and allow for safe travel within. The pathways must lead somewhere, but you cannot hazard a guess as to where exactly. Perhaps that answer will be provided once you have learned more firsthand. 

Dearly Departed
To the east of the Sunken City lies the sizeable Mercyview Cemetery. D.U.S.T. has currently suspended expeditions into the area as they are under-equipped to handle the triad of the Carnivals of Light, Vengeance, and War all operating within the graveyard's confines. D.U.S.T.'s answer is to simply wait and allow the conflict between the Carnival splinters to resolve itself, then swoop in and eliminate the weakened winner. Looking over the map, the cemetery is quite sizeable; the loss of life that accompanied the fall of the First Ward must have been immense. You decide to walk amongst the graves, both to pay your respects, and to see the current situation surrounding the Carnival factions.
Flipping through the reports in the notes, you are relieved to find that risen zombies are not amongst the threat count here as you might have suspected. There are a host of Ghouls present; however, their numbers originate elsewhere and the departed do not appear to be bolstering their ranks.

Mayhem's Prodigal
D.U.S.T. has a detailed report regarding their security assignment to defend the Mother of Mercy Hospital, one of the few Praetorian facilities still operational within the First Ward. While the Behavioral Adjustment Facility located in the Imperial City is overseen by the elusive Praetor Tilman, her true work is undertaken here. Located atop a ridge on the far end of the Forbidden Crags, the hospital sits alone on the horizon. Given its prominence within the First Ward, you decide to run some reconnaissance on the Praetor's stronghold. 
The D.U.S.T. Rangers stationed at the Mother of Mercy Hospital are just a formality. Those who have dealt with Praetor Tilman and the powerful psychics within her network know it is no mere hospital. It would take an extraordinary force to actually threaten the Praetor and her subsurface compound. 

Fearless Insurgent
This report is a rather long list of all the security improvements and remaining vulnerabilities of the D.U.S.T. Ranger compound in the Free-Fire Zone. It appears that the fortification, security, and maintenance of this facility is one of their highest priorities. Given the abnormally thorough scrutinization of every facet of their base's protections, you can only imagine that D.U.S.T. are quite afraid of "something" making it past their perimeters. Exactly what that threat is remains uncertain. Are they protecting something important or are they simply afraid of what might be lurking in the First Ward? You decide to expose some new flaws in their defenses and find out.
In D.U.S.T.'s defense, the First Ward has many incomprehensible dangers that crawl about and skitter in the shadows. They are being prudent at least, it is smart to be taking zero chances with enemies they do not fully understand. You can respect D.U.S.T. being thorough, but unfortunately for them, highly guarded compounds tend to draw certain individuals' curiosity, which is just about to happen. 

Vengeance Seeker
D.U.S.T. has issued one of their highest threat evaluations to an area dubbed the Forbidden Crags. The jagged landscape is host to the Talons of Vengeance, dangerous agents of fury and anger whose true nature is undetermined. Traversing the area is generally avoided by the D.U.S.T. Rangers if they can manage it, but they also are tasked with maintaining the perimeter of Praetor Tilman's nearby hospital. There is something unnatural that draws the Talons to these rocks, some sort of otherworldly influence that permeates the area. There is a darkness here that you should venture to understand so you might know how best to confront it. 

All malevolent forces have a source, and if you are to face the Talons of Vengeance in any meaningful capacity, you must understand them better. The utmost caution should always be employed when challenging the unknown. The strange, warped creatures within the Forbidden Crags will know how deeply one who seeks their undoing can pierce.

Shell Shocked
There are various notes in this D.U.S.T. report regarding potential structural weaknesses that might be exploited if the Seed of Hamidon occupying the Sunken City were to be engaged. Most of D.U.S.T.'s findings came from researching the fallen remains of another Seed found to the south. Examining the shell does not tell them how the monster was conquered, however other valuable information was collected. A review of the notes reveals that the Seed utilizes "seedlings" generated from within itself to enhance its own capabilities. Perhaps there is more to be learned at those remains. A second look could be interesting if not useful.

D.U.S.T. concluded that to bring the Seed of Hamidon down, clearing away any seedlings nearby will be crucial, as any in the vicinity will boost the power of its parent. Their notes mention they came in six variants:

• Bulwark: Augments the Seed's defenses.
  • Contaminating: Exhausts nearby enemies.
  • Hematic: Exposes weaknesses on threats.
  • Maturing: Boosts the Seed's regeneration.
  • Respiring: Blurs vision of threats.
  • Tellurian: Offensive protectors of the Seed.

Witness for the Fallen
This report makes clear that D.U.S.T would need a substantial increase to their personnel in addition to heavy artillery weapons if they are to make any progress in reclaiming the Sunken City. The chief reason for this is the Seed of Hamidon that is seen routinely patrolling above the flooded remains of the First Ward. It would take a powerful force equipped with aerial capabilities in order to challenge the flying monstrosity. While you find yourself considering the merits of confronting the Hamidon's floating creation, you would likely need to recruit some allies to do so. In the meantime, you can at least scout around the Sunken City and familiarize yourself with its layout in preparation for that potential encounter. 

This place highlights the danger the Devouring Earth pose. They are a threat that cannot be taken lightly, and if humanity is to make any progress in reclaiming this the First Ward, the Seed of Hamidon will need to be eliminated from the skies above the Sunken City. Unfortunately, it is not a task that will be easily accomplished. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Although I come from the Praetoria has been destroyed mindset.  There are some things that I just have to ignore while doing any sort of roleplaying, namely Incarnate Trials, I have to assume my character is just participating in a slice of the past (ie Ouroboros) or nothing really makes sense.  Also the whole (when did you come over as a refuge) vs (where we are now) is kind of a grey area.  Did I escape last year? 2 years ago? 10 years ago? whenever.  In encountering other Praetorian characters I have to play canon a little soft and just assume that their is some time distortion in what my character has experienced and what theirs has.

Btw very good write-ups on all of this.  It does make me lament that the developers did not go further and left us, in effect, with such a closed loop.

37 minutes ago, Grey-Ghost said:

Although I come from the Praetoria has been destroyed mindset.  There are some things that I just have to ignore while doing any sort of roleplaying, namely Incarnate Trials, I have to assume my character is just participating in a slice of the past (ie Ouroboros) or nothing really makes sense.  Also the whole (when did you come over as a refuge) vs (where we are now) is kind of a grey area.  Did I escape last year? 2 years ago? 10 years ago? whenever.  In encountering other Praetorian characters I have to play canon a little soft and just assume that their is some time distortion in what my character has experienced and what theirs has.

Btw very good write-ups on all of this.  It does make me lament that the developers did not go further and left us, in effect, with such a closed loop.

Imagine all of the refugees leaving at roughly the same time, whether Loyalist or Resistance, and - cue handwaving - the Rift doesn't send you all to the same point in time on the other side. It's not actually like that but I think that helps.

It's slightly analogous to Captain America's origin story (Steve Rogers). He's always born in 1918 and always fights through WW2 and then goes into the ice.  WHEN he comes out?  That can be extended and rebooted but the first part is static.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

Since half my characters are Praetorians I always keep the transition between dimensions fuzzy., much like @Darmian mentions with that great Captain America analogy.  I know it was after the place started going down hill and prior to all the worst of the insanity erupting.  Depending on the character, it may have been before or after the Wards, which are also somewhat fuzzy in the timeline.  (Personal head-canon is that the entirety of First Ward is weeks or months, so there is some overlap with other critical events.)

Which is generally good enough for my RP.  I came, I went back a few times, I helped out with the refugees, and now it's now.  Considering most events in my own life are rather fuzzy, it works out just fine.

what about Kheldians, acourding to Kheldian Lore at least Nictus arrived on earth long befor Praetorian history diverged from Primal Earth history but there cant be any Kheldian seen.

i read somewhere Kheldians died out but that seems unlikely and i cant find that source anymore so...

Did Hamidon whipe them out?

Did the Nictus leave Earth when shit started to hit the fan with Hami and if yes how?

did Cole strike a deal with the Nictus similar to the deal he made with Hamidon.

Are they maybe even responsible for the higher technological advancements that Praetoria made compared to Primal earth?
Aand if Nictus where still around when the Peacebringer ship came to earth did they attack the Nictus like they did on Primal earth and if yes was is a success or got Hami involved making things worse for both sides?

Did people of Praetoria even know Kheldians where thing befor they came in contact with Primal Earth?

There is literally no information about Kheldians in Praetorian Lore but imo there should be.

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

In a lot of ways it seems as if alternate earths are mostly isolated, except where it plays into their specific, tragic history.  Where Primal Earth is a hub for everything from everywhere, alternate earths are a backwater to be avoided, or a speed bump to an apocalypse that no one wants to visit after.  (Which plays into the theory that Primal Earth is literally a hub and those earths are spokes.)

Because Praetoria was already deteriorating perhaps it didn't make a good spot for more Kheldians to show up seeking refuge.  Because of Hamidon, or maybe because it would fall and incarnate-level threats can sense these things, Bastion didn't find it an appealing target so Shivans were never sent.

Though mostly it's probably due to a writing conceit to keep the worlds focused on a singular path.  It's hard to tell the story of Praetoria if you're focusing on all the disparate groups that Paragon City has to deal with.  It becomes much easier to say they were wiped out or inconsequential.  And it makes it interesting when one of those characters does pop up in a context befitting the setting.

Ethereal Drifter

You found this scroll on one of the denizens of the Night Ward, clearly otherworldly in nature. You unclasp the ribbon binding around the scroll. To your surprise, it stands upright in the palm of your hand and faces you. The whole situation is quite strange, but then again, so is everything about this bizarre shadow of the First Ward. With no better ideas, you decide to ask the scroll if it knows anything interesting it wouldn't mind sharing.

Abandoned Soul
This scroll jumps when you open it, creases running up and down its parchment: "W-w-what do you want?! P-please, don't use me for anything unsavory! L-let me go and I'll share a secret with you... H-how does that sound?" You nod and agree to release the scroll after you have heard its piece. "Oh t-thank goodness... I really appreciate it... Okay, here is what I know: There is a train station near the center of Lamplight Junction. T-they say it runs to the afterlife, but those guys have been waiting in line for awhile..." The scroll nervously tips a crease to you and hops out of your hands, the wind catching it and carrying it into the dark night. Train station full of ghosts... That should be easy enough to find. 
You find yourself wondering if the departed actually ride a train to the great beyond. Legend always mentioned taking a ferry across the River Styx to reach the afterlife. Maybe the ferryman got sick of manually ferrying souls and decided to reinvent his methods with some modern engineering? 

House Hunter
The scroll sighs, plops down on your palm and looks around: "Alright, I guess it can't hurt. You ever been to that fancy mansion sitting on top of the hedge maze? No...? Actually? Well there ya go then, easy peezy. Not sure why you needed me to tell ya that." You ask the scroll if it knows what is inside the mansion. "My guy, I'm just a piece of sentient parchment. Go ask a book or something, those annoying know-it-alls..." The scroll grumbles, folds itself into a paper airplane, and flies into the air and out of sight. Looks like you will have to go to the mansion yourself to learn more. 
The mansion certainly exudes an exciting air of intrigue, like you walked into a classic horror or mystery film. Its looming spires create an extremely whimsical scene against the starry backdrop of the Night Ward's sky. You find yourself excited to make your way over to its doors and see what secrets are hidden within.

Nocturnal Pilgrimage
The scroll hunches over and rubs the two ends of its ribbons together deviously: "What manner of foolishness is this? You dare address a query to ME?! I would see your soul cast into the infernal abyss for such thoughtless action. Though, perhaps you know not what you ask! Very well, those who are witless enough to peer into the eternal darkness shall have their curiosity answered thus! Seek now the reward your brash actions have wrought! Chained to your fate as you are now, I pity you hence." The scroll faces you and unfurls, revealing a map of the Night Ward on its parchment. A singular point burns with a purple flame. "Now go, your task is set. There is no escape for your insipid soul. Farewell!" The scroll begins laughing maniacally as the purple flame consumes it in its entirety, leaving only embers behind. You have no idea what awaits you at that point, but it cannot be good. 
Following directions from a scroll with an evil laugh is probably not a great idea, but you are curious about the destination. In the end, curiosity tends to win out over the potential for danger. You decide to make the journey, if there is anything perilous, you feel confident that you can handle it. 

Dead but Dreaming
The scroll yawns and rolls itself back up. You poke it a few times until it unfurls: "Hey... Stop that. Just leave me be, I am far too tired to deal with busybodies like you." It rolls itself back up once again. You respond with more vigorous poking until it finally relents. "Ugh... Unbelievable. Fine. You want something to go waste your time fretting over? Go look at the dead thing south of the City of Souls. Small island, big husk. Can't miss it. Now, just set me down and go away." You shrug and set the scroll down somewhere safe nearby. South of the flooded city in the center of the Night Ward? Easy enough. 
You have the momentary thought of how the physical might affect the ethereal here. If you broke a window in the First Ward, would the same window end up broken here? The idea that actions somewhere that you cannot perceive might impact the world around you. It seems like it would be frustrating to no end. 

Monolithic
The scroll suspiciously makes sure nobody is around before responding: "Hehehe, oh yeah, I got something special just for you, buddy. Real powerful stuff, top shelf magic, you're gonna be a god among mortals. It's your lucky day, that's for sure. What's your name?" You did not expect today's decisions to include deciding to trust some sketchy parchment. You give it your name. "[name] huh? Fine name. Smart name! Now here's what's what. Give me something nice, and I'll share knowledge that will make you unstoppable." You shrug, and offer it a piece of metal you picked up earlier. "Ohhh ho ho, yes, that's what I'm talking about. Alright, here's your ticket:" It whispers a location to visit in your ear, wraps itself around its payment to form a ball, and rolls away. You hope this venture is worth whatever you get.
At best, you received something for this relatively cheap exchange; that metal was nothing particularly special. At worst, you got scammed and outwitted by a sentient scroll and you will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of your life. Perhaps this was bad idea, but at this point you should just see the thing through. 

Stargazer
This scroll looks at you, leans to the side, and coyly wraps its ribbon around its middle: "Oh... Why hello there, gorgeous! I haven't had the pleasure of such fine company in quite some time. Tell me, what's a fine [AT] like yourself doing tonight? Want to get out of here and go somewhere nice, just the two of us? What do you say?" Hmm. Being courted by a piece of parchment is one of the weirder experiences you have ever had, but maybe it will take you somewhere interesting, so you agree. "Oh, you know just what to say to smooth these creases out. Follow me and we'll spend a romantic evening together enjoying the stars. I know the best spot in the entire realm. You won't be disappointed!" The scroll flattens and floats through the air, guiding you to the spot where you can see the stars better than anywhere else.
As you make your way toward the destination you cannot help but notice how the sky above seems to be endlessly alive with shooting stars that dance across its dark surface. The depth and beauty of the Night Ward's sky puts the others you had seen before to shame. There is something otherworldly at play that gives the night here far greater potency. 

Follow the Light
The scroll stretches its rolls and uses a ribbon to scratch its backside: "You're really a pain in the parchment, you know that? Fine. There's this neat member of the Carnival of Light. She's called a Mistress of Fate, and has some neat tricks that can make your life harder but more rewarding, or easier and less so. Not bad, huh? I'll even do you a solid..." The scroll flattens itself and a map of the Night Ward appears, with a little gold star popping up in the Arcane Quarter; You memorize its location. "Don't tell anybody that I never did anything for you!" The scroll then hops to the ground and shoos you away with one of its corners. It looks like time to go pay that Mistress of Fates a visit. 
You have heard that various individuals have this type of power: To rearrange the threads of fate to slightly alter the course of one's future. These fortune tellers cannot majorly impact the course of events, but destiny can be swayed to make things more lenient. Karmic balance does ensure the price is paid, however. Those who face greater challenges will find their lives far more rewarding for it. 

Happy Camper
The scroll stands up straight, ribbon resting on its side. It somehow seems to peer up at you: "Good evening sir or madam. You seek avenues of enlightenment then? Truly, good of you! Nothing quite as fulfilling as knowledge! Right then, let us make an accord. I will provide you a location of interest, and you will place me within one of the tents there when we arrive. Is this agreement acceptable?" You agree to the parchment's terms and you shake on it (by having it wrap its ribbon around your pinky). "Very good! That way then, be aware that the knights around this area tend to dislike uninvited guests. You may have to get violent or sneaky. Right then, off we go!" You follow the scroll's directions toward the aforementioned camp. 
You have seen the heavily armored knights that roam the Night Ward. It appears this scroll must belong to them and wishes to be returned. At the very least, this will be an opportunity to learn more about the Black Knights and their purpose, methods, and the location they are occupying.