Solo Miss Liberty TF

DR_Mechano

Hi all:

Trying to solo MLTF.

Problems:

1) Illusion Rad controller:

Ill/rad has been successful by others no doubt, but not me. Cannot get past Dr Aeon. 
The illusion pets have 7 targets; the AV, 6 EB's, and the dark servant. 
I cannot get them to focus fire on AV. They tend to go after the 6 EB's or the dark servant.   Kill the EB clones  they re-summon. 

Can I take down AV with spectral wounds, nem staff, and black wand?   Floor regen then whittle away?  
Seems that would take forever. Staying alive that long is hard.  Power of thorn has slow recharge. 
His untouchable power that allows 1500 hp damage on my 1100 hp controller comes back faster than power of thorn
recharge.

2) BS/SD scrapper:

Roadblock is at ghost widow, she heals too much. She has two very large heals that are short range. If I use temporary  summoned pets they 
get too close and she heals off them. My def (with inspirations) still allows her 9% chance to hit heal when I am in melee or very close range. As scrapper cant do much damage ranged.

Floor regen with envenomed dagger then whittle away with Nem staff and blackwand?  
Again seems a long battle. Sooner or later her mag 100 hold will hit then instant death.

Any advice out there?

Thx

My go-to strategy for Ghost Widow on a character without overwhelming damage is to stack up on tier2 lucks and pop 2 at a time. This way, even if her hold hits, my character stays softcapped during the magical levitating moment and *should* stay alive through passive regen and resistances.

Her heal on its own (at floored tohit) probably shouldn't a dealbreaker for a scrapper, provided you have your ducks in a row with attack chain and all. If you're not sure, it can be worth hopping by the scrapper forum and starting a BS/SD thread. DPS increases matter disproportionately against +4 AVs, between the purple patch and their regen.

An option to trick Lore pets into fighting without feeding can be to start flying about 40 feet above ground. GW flies too so she will follow, while your pets will stand under and be forced to use ranged attacks, away from her heal.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, nihilii said:

My go-to strategy for Ghost Widow on a character without overwhelming damage is to stack up on tier2 lucks and pop 2 at a time. This way, even if her hold hits, my character stays softcapped during the magical levitating moment and *should* stay alive through passive regen and resistances.

Her heal on its own (at floored tohit) probably shouldn't a dealbreaker for a scrapper, provided you have your ducks in a row with attack chain and all. If you're not sure, it can be worth hopping by the scrapper forum and starting a BS/SD thread. DPS increases matter disproportionately against +4 AVs, between the purple patch and their regen.

An option to trick Lore pets into fighting without feeding can be to start flying about 40 feet above ground. GW flies too so she will follow, while your pets will stand under and be forced to use ranged attacks, away from her heal.

Thank you got past GW last nite using fly technique    next is towers ? LR!

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:18 PM, Frosty15 said:

Thank you got past GW last nite using fly technique    next is towers ? LR!

Unable to repeat this feat,  havent fought LR yet. BS/SD does not seem to have enough ST  dps.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:09 AM, Dark Bladed said:

Grab a temp pistol from the P2W vendor, shoot mako, and start running up the ramp. Try and lead him back towards the boat where you spawned in. Assuming you keep using your pistol on the way there, it should either be just him or him and one other, which is much more reasonable than all 4 at once. This doesn't always work, but it's what I did.

Splitting them on their travel powers and/or extreme range with lowest damage (or low end cost) I normally split the fliers first.

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

The 2 keys to LR solo is end drain protection or having ageless.  He able to sap you even if you are flying and tanking him from above.  You don't want to have to keep popping blues during the fight.

Next is repairmen they can heal the towers back up quickly and take away 2-3 minutes that you just spent.  Make sure you are not stuck in a long animation attack when they spawn and save AOE's for when they do spawn.

Also save your lores/pets and get his agro first and spawn them away from him so that they will last longer.  

Some specific tactics that worked well for my scrap:

(1) using black wand with stealth on (Celerity unique in sprint) to tag BS, take him solo, and then mako, scir, and GW, in that order.  

(2) at least 75% defense on GW at all times so her holds and heals dont hit. She leeches, so if she misses, she won't heal. No pets on her. Manticore summon if you want.

(3) I respec'd to caltrops for my scrapper so that I could spam it while taking down towers. The one thing you can do is take a tower down to 55%, then refill your insps and buffs. Then take down the rest of the tower with a full kit. Manti is again helpful here, as he can stay ranged and mostly keep out of the way.  I used Seer Lore for the red tower as one of them is unkillable.

(4) Used the end drain resist buff from SG base and kept 2 large blue insps on me just in case LR hit me with end drain.

I was purely ground-based. Once red tower was down, it was pretty smooth sailing, with pauses in between to deal with the flyer, as I took a while.

On 3/30/2020 at 4:15 PM, Frosty15 said:

Hi all:

Trying to solo MLTF.

Problems:

1) Illusion Rad controller:

Ill/rad has been successful by others no doubt, but not me. Cannot get past Dr Aeon. 
His untouchable power that allows 1500 hp damage on my 1100 hp controller comes back faster than power of thorn
recharge.

I have a chat channel solely dedicated to NPC chat. When Aeon says "preparing..." something or other, I run away for about 20 seconds or until Aeon stops glowing purple. It's usually a one-shot if he hits me at that point. I don't re-use the thorn on him, and afterwards, he is still hitable, and I go back to whittling him down.  Not sure if that will work for ill/rad, but good luck.

• 11 months later

I finally managed to pull this off, and it was insanely difficult. I completed this tf on 4/1 - for the first three missions it's overall pretty easy relatively. No issues, needed to pop an orange here and there for the Thorn Tree AV cuz of all the -def but got through it.

First roadblock: Aeon. This fight will bring you to your knees if you don't eat some candy. That rad debuffer is an absolute nightmare. I died ~6-7 times before I finally got a hang of this fight.

Second roadblock: Recluse towers. I gave up at this point in my first run. I just could not do it. Those repairmen killed my spirits. Watching the towers insane amount of health get huge heals was really really really soul crushing.

So I abandoned the run and then went to sleep. Wasn't sure if I was gonna come back the next day but i respecc'd into a new build and decided I would just give it a try. With previous knowledge from the first run I made sure to go buy the signature summon (ranged damage) specifically just for those recluse towers. I hit up ouro to provide myself some super dual inspirations just for the recluse towers and off i went into the fray once more. Hoping that I would not fail.

The result:

Liberty_TF_solo_4-1.png

I am very happy and relieved all at the same time. Those recluse towers had to have been the toughest thing in the entire game that I have ever done. I had to watch my inspiration timing, make sure my lore pets/sig summon lived, keep an eye on my health bar cuz recluse could reasonably 2 shot me until i took down the red tower and do the best I could at killing repairmen whenever they spawned. The issue i had on my first run was that I would be animation locked and just couldn't kill the repairmen before they healed the tower. SUPER FRUSTRATING. So i would bring the towers down to about half health, summon the pets and pop some dual team inspirations so they can live. Use my quick attacks occasionally but mainly let the pets dps the tower while I played guard haha.

Edited by Ratch_
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

I finally managed to pull this off, and it was insanely difficult. I completed this tf on 4/1 - for the first three missions it's overall pretty easy relatively. No issues, needed to pop an orange here and there for the Thorn Tree AV cuz of all the -def but got through it.

First roadblock: Aeon. This fight will bring you to your knees if you don't eat some candy. That rad debuffer is an absolute nightmare. I died ~6-7 times before I finally got a hang of this fight.

Second roadblock: Recluse towers. I gave up at this point in my first run. I just could not do it. Those repairmen killed my spirits. Watching the towers insane amount of health get huge heals was really really really soul crushing.

So I abandoned the run and then went to sleep. Wasn't sure if I was gonna come back the next day but i respecc'd into a new build and decided I would just give it a try. With previous knowledge from the first run I made sure to go buy the signature summon (ranged damage) specifically just for those recluse towers. I hit up ouro to provide myself some super dual inspirations just for the recluse towers and off i went into the fray once more. Hoping that I would not fail.

The result:

Liberty_TF_solo_4-1.png

I am very happy and relieved all at the same time. Those recluse towers had to have been the toughest thing in the entire game that I have ever done. I had to watch my inspiration timing, make sure my lore pets/sig summon lived, keep an eye on my health bar cuz recluse could reasonably 2 shot me until i took down the red tower and do the best I could at killing repairmen whenever they spawned. The issue i had on my first run was that I would be animation locked and just couldn't kill the repairmen before they healed the tower. SUPER FRUSTRATING. So i would bring the towers down to about half health, summon the pets and pop some dual team inspirations so they can live. Use my quick attacks occasionally but mainly let the pets dps the tower while I played guard haha.

Grats!  This is one of, if not the most difficult, yet still possible achievement in the game, IMHO.  LRSF being about equal.  It's really so much more then just being able to survive a 1 on 1 fight against a big bag of hp.  Well done!  

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

19 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Grats!  This is one of, if not the most difficult, yet still possible achievement in the game, IMHO.  LRSF being about equal.  It's really so much more then just being able to survive a 1 on 1 fight against a big bag of hp.  Well done!  

Do you know if anyone has done this solo at +4 but got the Master Of? I'm wondering if I could do that last part or not without temps..maybe with a fire blast char or something claws could be quick enough?

Edited by Ratch_