First Dominator, have some AV questions

Darkir

I am currently working on my first Dominator. If I want to perma Mez an AV, it looks like I need to go above 50 mag in order to get over the purple triangles of doom. I know that dominators can do this, but how? 

The build I am working with could only do it with confuse after around 30-40 seconds and would need to constantly be reapplying confuse every 5 seconds or so. I have looked at the other sets though and I am scratching my head how any powersets could do it with hold or stun.

Sooooo, anyone have experience with this? Could you explain how it is done please?

Edit: NM, I figured it out. Perma-dom+my t1 hold will do it by itself with time after 18-22 seconds

Edited by Darkir

Mez duration and recharge, and included in the "recharge" bucket is perma-dom.  Having a fast animating mez also helps.  It can still take some time to stack enough mez to beat 50 mag, and then some AVs have mez resistances. 

At least this was all true back in the day, I am uncertain if anything has changed with PTOD since way way back when.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Mez duration and recharge, and included in the "recharge" bucket is perma-dom.  Having a fast animating mez also helps.  It can still take some time to stack enough mez to beat 50 mag, and then some AVs have mez resistances. 

At least this was all true back in the day, I am uncertain if anything has changed with PTOD since way way back when.

Yeah, I hadn't realized just how long my T1 hold lasted.

Yeah, any powerset with a ST Confuse can lockdown AVs and almost all GMs (any GM that doesn't also have PToD, lookin' at you, JACK!) without ever having to engage (or even break stealth). It's also fun to make them clear all their own adds for you, before you start killing them. I love to do that to Hro'dotoz at the end of LGTF, and Scrapyard murders his entire entourage of protesters.