gameboy1234

Jack Emmert to head Dimensional Ink Sudio, DC Universe Online

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I tried really hard to like DCUO.  I even tried to remake my main.  I just couldn't get used to the UI.

550223996_FMClassic(Metropolis).thumb.jpg.cefbb3bc3c87a78abcfe4face29a428d.jpg

I tried to get into it myself.   The levelling game was enjoyable, but after that it turned into a tedious gear grind, and most new content was gear-gated. 

FWIW the DCUO version of Heraclea is one of the several here. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231

27 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

People still refer to the high level task force in Independence Port as 'Statesman TF' daily.  If I were developing new HC content I'd finagle a way to bring him back in-game. 

I also have to keep reminding myself that it's the MLTF.  And my favorite memory of the TF (Confusing Ghost Widow) was when it was still called the Statesman TF.

I had to force myself to start calling it the MLTF because “STF” kept confusing newbies.

5 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I also have to keep reminding myself that it's the MLTF.  And my favorite memory of the TF (Confusing Ghost Widow) was when it was still called the Statesman TF.

I prefer STF because when I see MLTF, my mind's eye corrects that to MILF.

• Haha 1

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231

22 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I prefer STF because when I see MLTF, my mind's eye corrects that to MILF.

It's not just me.... 😆

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Posted (edited)

Just for the record, killing Stateman in WWD was not Posi and crew extending a middle finger to Emmert. I specifically asked Miller that during one of the Loregasms.

Personally I think Emmert is a great storyteller, but he has a very poor grasp of what people actually want. Like at launch, SR/Elude made you unable to attack for 45 seconds, and Empathy/Adrenaline Boost stunned the caster for 20 seconds. Who would possibly enjoy that?

Edited by Kyksie

On 8/4/2020 at 8:54 PM, Kyksie said:

Just for the record, killing Stateman in WWD was not Posi and crew extending a middle finger to Emmert. I specifically asked Miller that during one of the Loregasms.

Personally I think Emmert is a great storyteller, but he has a very poor grasp of what people actually want. Like at launch, SR/Elude made you unable to attack for 45 seconds, and Empathy/Adrenaline Boost stunned the caster for 20 seconds. Who would possibly enjoy that?

The problem with that theory is that he'd be an idiot to ADMIT that was the reason, it would just reflect on him being petty.  On the other hand I'm sure the thought DID cross their minds when coming up with the story.  The reason for it?  No, unless they really were that petty.  An unconscious factor in their thinking?  Very likely.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler