Rylas

Revisit the Energy Melee nerfs

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Is this the one you mentioned in thr Proc Monster thread?

I was actually wondering how your progress was going, as I want to do a similar build to the one you posted, as opposed to the one Sir Myshkin used. His numbers were pretty impressive though.

Way too early to have a procmonster opinion.  Shes lvl 14 right now, and will be for a while yet - Im doing an ‘all contacts full bar’ run, and have alts to feed as well.  Further, youll probably learn more with an hour on test or by reading Myshkin than by listening to me - Im just a filthy casual these days, and tip my hat in passing to the master-class players.

That said, EM is at its strongest early, where its early attacke are reasonably competitive with other peoples, AOE isnt a thing yet, and the ability to stun a Lieutenant class baddie actually makes a real difference in your survival, so Im having a blast.  Also, Ive kinda changed how I look at CoH - not as a game, with competition or ‘best’ - we all know whats best, and we can all build it if we want to bad enough - but instead as a ‘what sounds fun’ sandbox.  Sure, EM still is objectively terrible - but destruction spell mages are fun in Skyrim, even if they are objectively terrible compared to Stealth Archers. 

Edited by marcussmythe
  • Like 1

"Shouldnt we base comparisons on SOs?"

No, Being the best at solo i8 damage doesn't meaningfully inform anyone in an i25 world.

-Jack Nomind

I wouldn't say any Scrapper primaries are bad in general, however.  Then again, Scrappers don't have Energy Melee.

-Rumors

I think it's time to just port Energy Melee to Scrappers, see how it works on Scrappers, while making whatever other improvements are needed.

This includes letting ET actually Crit and not just "no health spent" like on Stalkers 😛

7 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

Way too early to have a procmonster opinion.  Shes lvl 14 right now, and will be for a while yet - Im doing an ‘all contacts full bar’ run, and have alts to feed as well.  Further, youll probably learn more with an hour on test or by reading Myshkin than by listening to me - Im just a filthy casual these days, and tip my hat in passing to the master-class players.

That said, EM is at its strongest early, where its early attacke are reasonably competitive with other peoples, AOE isnt a thing yet, and the ability to stun a Lieutenant class baddie actually makes a real difference in your survival, so Im having a blast.  Also, Ive kinda changed how I look at CoH - not as a game, with competition or ‘best’ - we all know whats best, and we can all build it if we want to bad enough - but instead as a ‘what sounds fun’ sandbox.  Sure, EM still is objectively terrible - but destruction spell mages are fun in Skyrim, even if they are objectively terrible compared to Stealth Archers. 

I'm about to do something similar in Praetoria. If I can ever decide on a new toon to roll, that is.

Wasn't sure how much time had past between the post in the Proc Monster thread and my asking here, my bad.

No need to apologize.  Its been at least a week, I think?  More than enough time for 50 with full IOs and full incarnates in the modern mileu.

"Shouldnt we base comparisons on SOs?"

No, Being the best at solo i8 damage doesn't meaningfully inform anyone in an i25 world.

-Jack Nomind

I wouldn't say any Scrapper primaries are bad in general, however.  Then again, Scrappers don't have Energy Melee.

-Rumors