Revisit the Energy Melee nerfs

Rylas

32 minutes ago, Rylas said:

Please no. Let TItan Weapons keep it's uniqueness in momentum building. ET was a fast, swift set before and that's what people liked about it. That's what allowed it to shine in its own way before it was changed. If other mechanics are added, that's fine, but keeping it arbitrarily slowed for no real reason is what ruined it in the first place.

I'm gonna +1 this. The only change ET needs is a faster animation.

Turning it into an AoE or something else doesn't make sense and goes against the spirit of EM.

Edited by Kimuji

• 2 weeks later
On 8/26/2019 at 2:04 AM, Tubalcain said:

Give Total Focus and Energy Transfer some minor splash damage. Problem solved.

That's an idea.  And that way, the AoE dam from Whirling hands won't seem so anaemic. 

Tying into the 'Rage' thread, I'd like to see 'Rage' replace Build UP in all tank melee sets.  That would give the likes of EM, Ice and stone a great shot in the arm.

Azrael.

My wishlist for energy melee:

-change animation for energy transfer to the powerthurst animation (I would like the KB too, but I don't want to start a war...)

-Reduce the "hang time" for total focus

-Increase the mag for the TF stun

-keep the proposed change flipping the t1 and t2s

On 8/28/2019 at 1:21 PM, Kimuji said:

Turning it into an AoE or something else doesn't make sense and goes against the spirit of EM.

Agreed, EM was a single target monster at the expense of aoe I don't want to see it turned into elec melee with pink pom poms or anything else, however like I mentioned before whirling hands needs help and bad with high animation and low damage it really isn't useful and EM should have at least one aoe. 

22 hours ago, Haijinx said:

A lot of the early tanker sets had only one AOE, that doesn't mean it was the set's flavor .. it just means its an old set.

True but all the other sets had an aoe that did better damage even ice melee which was more control themed had a better aoe than energy melee. 

Edit: Think Tremor from stone melee was actually worse than whirling hands

Edited by Zenex

• 2 weeks later
On 8/28/2019 at 12:13 AM, Myrmidon said:

This is from the patch notes thread (concerning Dominators). Captain Powerhouse is looking into it. Relax and see what he comes up with for us to test.

86DD7B1D-8C22-4497-8521-A40F1C931A85.jpeg

Quoting @Myrmidon quoting @Captain Powerhouse. It looks as though the Assault changes were inspired by potential EM changes. 

• Like 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

On 6/22/2019 at 12:26 PM, Kimuji said:

I've read some posts stating that EM wasn't nerfed because of pvp and I couldn't disagree more. Because EM was kind of "OP" in PVP, it had the highest single target damage AND stacking stuns was ridiculously easy. That was the stun + damage combo that made people complain, not the damage alone. A vocal portion of the pvp players  had been crying for years for an EM nerf (mostly on the Heroes side, where only tanks had access to EM). So I can't believe that it is not what sparked the intent to revisit (nerf to oblivion) EM.

I wanted to quote this older post as it aligns with my recollection: stunning attacks in quick succession in PvP directly led to an over-reaction that Energy Melee has had to live with ever since.

My live main was an Invuln/EM tank, and I've played it back up to 50 on HC. The slow animations are painful. I can accept a mediocre AoE (Whirling Hands) but I want more rapid single-target punches to be able to best keep as many opponents' attention as possible. When teaming, I feel like focusing on the bosses is 80% because they will still be standing when my big hits land and only 20% because the team needs me to control boss aggro.

I'd like to be great in 1-on-1 PvE content again, at least to the point where Energy Melee is at least trading hard-hitting blows closer to one-for-one with  most EB/AV rather than the current 'they hit 3 or 4 times before my blow lands'.

I enjoy the stuns as a small measure of Melee control in PvE. I can understand the annoyance in PvP, but surely there are other equally annoying elements there.

I vote give EM (the melee sets obviously) the same buffs to TF and WH that Doms got. With ET also getting an alteration in 'energy focus' mode. The animation becomes MUCH faster, almost to teh old levels, while Total Focus (with energy focus) gets more damage but also a Mag4 Stun. The mag 4 stun was one of teh best parts of teh set, pre nerfing, and this would add an extra layer of choice..do you get more aoe damage, a super fast kickass attack, or a sure fire stun on a boss.

They definitely have to do something with Stun, but what? It occurred to me the other day that Stun is possibly the only minor damage ST melee control power left in the game. Cobra Strike, Clobber, and Knockout Blow have all become high-damage attacks. I bet the only reason Stun hasn't followed suit is because EM is already a ST monster.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, marcussmythe said:

In light of the above, the only thing that justifies the existence of energy melee is the value of being pillow-fisted with pink-pom-poms.  Its not middle of the road with pros and cons, its just actively, notably, bad.  Reverting Energy Transfer probably wouldnt actually even make the set competitive with the later produced 'good sets' - Probably need to revist the animation time on Total Focus, and maybe give a bit of love to Barrage (say to the same DPA as Energy Punch and Bone Smasher - if you want the set to have a reason to be other than to by its choice indicate that you are uniformed, nostalgia-driven, or an active masochist.

Bump.

Please revert EM.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

12 hours ago, Vanden said:

They definitely have to do something with Stun, but what? It occurred to me the other day that Stun is possibly the only minor damage ST melee control power left in the game. Cobra Strike, Clobber, and Knockout Blow have all become high-damage attacks. I bet the only reason Stun hasn't followed suit is because EM is already a ST monster.

It should get the cobra strike treatment.

EM is not a monster anymore

On 9/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, Rylas said:

Quoting @Myrmidon quoting @Captain Powerhouse. It looks as though the Assault changes were inspired by potential EM changes. 

I knew about this Rylas but I didn't want to directly say it because Powerhouse said that he can't promise anything.  I think you managed to comment about the Energy Assault changes but I wasn't sure.  I don't think I often see you hang out in to Dominator section :P.  Regardless if you did or did not I wanted you to know more than anyone about the possible future changes.