Patch Notes for January 23rd, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4

B359D91A-622A-40DA-8F35-E53AF818CCE7.thumb.jpeg.2e11357e24f06882045bda0ae93ca564.jpegFound one. This is from the Winter pack temporary power “Build Snow Beast”. The power reads normally on the character sheet and in power trays, however, this is what it looks like in the mail window when you scroll to it.

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I'm duoing a Bots/Time MM with a Beam Rilfe/Atomic Manipulation blaster.  The blaster's Bonfire is slotted with a Sudden Acceleration KB -> KD.  My Assualt Bot is slotted with the Overwhelming Force  KD KB->KD proc.  Whereas before the patch mobs would get gradually knocked around by the Drone attacks, they would mostly stay in the bonfire patch.  It now seems like they're getting blown out all at the same time by one of the Assault Bot's AOEs.  I guess this is probably the same KB issue as previous reported, but I thought I'd post it anyway just in case.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I'm duoing a Bots/Time MM with a Beam Rilfe/Atomic Manipulation blaster.  The blaster's Bonfire is slotted with a Sudden Acceleration KB -> KD.  My Assualt Bot is slotted with the Overwhelming Force  KD KB->KD proc.  Whereas before the patch mobs would get gradually knocked around by the Drone attacks, they would mostly stay in the bonfire patch.  It now seems like they're getting blown out all at the same time by one of the Assault Bot's AOEs.  I guess this is probably the same KB issue as previous reported, but I thought I'd post it anyway just in case.

I noticed Bonfire with the SA KD proc is way less effective now. 

Just finished leveling a MM today and the Overwhelming Force on Bonfire works 100% while doing a fat zero nothing slotted in Assault Bot. Sudden Acceleration works on the bot.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 5:23 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

There is no fear component to turn off on Burn. The AI simply will enter a “harassed” mode and start fleeing if too many attacks are executed against it. Burn is a power that attacks extremely often, and due to a bug, also happens to spawn many patches that means exponential increase of these attacks panicking the AI.

This behavior *should* be overridden by a taunt, though, although not sure if there is a threshold were taunt won’t out weight the “harassed” mode.

Look it doesn't really matter what is causing It, however I still kind of feel like this explanation is bullshit, but I don't know enough about the coding to say so. However what I do know is that IF this was true, then since Burn was essentially unchanged in this patch, then this sort of behavior should have been seen all the time when using it. Right? Unless it is simply the changes to taunt, agro and punchvoke caused the problem. In which case simply take those changes out. I have not seen on reason yet for why those changes were made that made it sound like this was a fix for anything broken, just a change in the way the agro management works. The problem being is the change broke the power set (s) that rely on locational damage patches like burn. 

So basically you they tried to fix one AT and in doing so broke another. So obviously this patch was not ready for live so roll it back, and keep working on it to undo this effect. I mean it isn't like you cant undo the agro changes but leave tank damage modifiers raised, or changes to specific powers like target caps etc. 

7 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Look it doesn't really matter what is causing It, however I still kind of feel like this explanation is bullshit, but I don't know enough about the coding to say so. However what I do know is that IF this was true, then since Burn was essentially unchanged in this patch, then this sort of behavior should have been seen all the time when using it. Right? Unless it is simply the changes to taunt, agro and punchvoke caused the problem. In which case simply take those changes out. I have not seen on reason yet for why those changes were made that made it sound like this was a fix for anything broken, just a change in the way the agro management works. The problem being is the change broke the power set (s) that rely on locational damage patches like burn. 

So basically you they tried to fix one AT and in doing so broke another. So obviously this patch was not ready for live so roll it back, and keep working on it to undo this effect. I mean it isn't like you cant undo the agro changes but leave tank damage modifiers raised, or changes to specific powers like target caps etc. 

lmao

A couple of powers were slightly effected.  You are overstating the case to a ridiculous degree.  They've already fixed it internally.  Have you never been through a patch release in a professionally managed game?  They are rarely as smooth as this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sacredlunatic said:

lmao

A couple of powers were slightly effected.  You are overstating the case to a ridiculous degree.  They've already fixed it internally.  Have you never been through a patch release in a professionally managed game?  They are rarely as smooth as this.

Hell, Paragon Studios rarely had live patches go as smoothly as this.🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Look it doesn't really matter what is causing It, however I still kind of feel like this explanation is bullshit, but I don't know enough about the coding to say so.

wow

is there a paper bag handy? relax man, it'll get sorted out.

• Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

12 hours ago, QuiJon said:

I think the best, and only advice I can offer here, without wandering into very undiplomatic discourse is, to ask that you have a little faith in the folks who DO actually know this code, and are working quite hard to make a resurrected game, even better than it was. 

That is going to require a few of things on all our part. 

1. Better participation in beta testing on Pineapple before these things roll live to ensure that all the variables, and combinations can be accounted for in proposed changes.  If we don't test adequately, pointing the finger elsewhere isn't really right.  Is it?

2.  Less complaining when things don't go quite as planned, as a result of item number 1. 

3.  A modicum of patience for a group of folks who rely on US to tell them how changes affect game play, and are doing their level best on our behalf for no compensation. 

Personally, I don't think that's a lot to ask.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

10 hours ago, Abraxus said:

1. Better participation in beta testing on Pineapple before these things roll live to ensure that all the variables, and combinations can be accounted for in proposed changes.  If we don't test adequately, pointing the finger elsewhere is really right.  Is it?

This. We need to do less theorycrafting and much more direct testing on future patches, which will help curb these issues (small as they are) before the live release.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

This. We need to do less theorycrafting and much more direct testing on future patches, which will help curb these issues (small as they are) before the live release.

Aye!  The finished results will only be as good as the testing.  That has always been the case, but with the smaller player numbers we have, compared to the "live" days, it is more incumbent on us to help out, and be a part of the process.  If we're not willing to do that, then we don't really have much room to complain if undesirable side-effects show themselves when it goes into production.  It's pretty obvious that we have some folks out there who are dialed-in to the workings of the game to have discovered, and document what happened once the changes went live.  Just a bit of that same kind of diligence on Pineapple could potentially have discovered the problems, and a fix would have been done before proceeding.  If we want the game to be better in the process change/improvement, then we are going to have to be partners in that process.  Not bystanders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Aye!  The finished results will only be as good as the testing.  That has always been the case, but with the smaller player numbers we have, compared to the "live" days, it is more incumbent on us to help out, and be a part of the process.  If we're not willing to do that, then we don't really have much room to complain if undesirable side-effects show themselves when it goes into production.  It's pretty obvious that we have some folks out there who are dialed-in to the workings of the game to have discovered, and document what happened once the changes went live.  Just a bit of that same kind of diligence on Pineapple could potentially have discovered the problems, and a fix would have been done before proceeding.  If we want the game to be better in the process change/improvement, then we are going to have to be partners in that process.  Not bystanders. 

If I ever run any of the Comic Con arcs again, I’ll have to remember to leave you until last.😂

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

The finished results will only be as good as the testing.  That has always been the case, but with the smaller player numbers we have, compared to the "live" days, it is more incumbent on us to help out, and be a part of the process.

Until recently, it's been something of a PITA to test, due to the need (re)build toons.  With the new Beta Center and character copy tools, it's much easier for folks to participate.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

3 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

If I ever run any of the Comic Con arcs again, I’ll have to remember to leave you until last.😂

You can safely rest assured that on current HC live, Abraxus is running away, so you can save him and the other 40 toons till “last.”

j/k

I too have a couple alts in Comic Con.  Always fun to kick my own ass.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Until recently, it's been something of a PITA to test, due to the need (re)build toons.  With the new Beta Center and character copy tools, it's much easier for folks to participate.

This.  I think testing numbers may improve a bit once that happens, but with the continuing shrinkage of the playerbase, we likely still face challenges.  I really wonder how much longer until we merge server instances.

I’m very active over on Reddit as well, and I’m shocked how many people over there don’t even know these forums exist, let alone peruse them.  Perhaps a “MOTD” pop up inviting people to come test future patches may help get the word out a bit that there is a test server and stuff is happening over there?

1 minute ago, Crysis said:

This.  I think testing numbers may improve a bit once that happens, but with the continuing shrinkage of the playerbase, we likely still face challenges.  I really wonder how much longer until we merge server instances.

I’m very active over on Reddit as well, and I’m shocked how many people over there don’t even know these forums exist, let alone peruse them.  Perhaps a “MOTD” pop up inviting people to come test future patches may help get the word out a bit that there is a test server and stuff is happening over there?

Which is funny, considering that in order to even play on Homecoming, a forum account, and a game account had to be created right here.  So, it's not that they were unaware, but it could certainly be assumed that not all of them picked-up on the fact that this, and the Homecoming Discord were going to be the main sources of information going forward.

• City Council
17 minutes ago, Crysis said:

I keep hearing people say Doooooooooom, but since concurrent player count during peak times has steadily been going up since the first of the year... 🤷‍♂️

Number of active accounts has held remarkably stable for quite a few months and doesn't correlate strongly with concurrency, which suggests that the conventional wisdom of a somewhat more adult-centered player base who doesn't have as much time to play games around the holiday season was probably correct.

As expected, once the initial shiny and excitement wore off, some with shorter attention spans drifted off (mostly by the end of the summer), while a healthy number settled back into pre-sunset routines and play a couple nights a week, but are not online every waking hour or even every day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Number Six said:

I keep hearing people say Doooooooooom, but since concurrent player count during peak times has steadily been going up since the first of the year... 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure there will always be some perception issues, it happens on every game: if my friends quit, so to me it feels like the population is going down (even if it is growing.)

54 minutes ago, Crysis said:

I’m very active over on Reddit as well, and I’m shocked how many people over there don’t even know these forums exist, let alone peruse them.

Some of that is the change in the nature of online communication since the Snap.  Back then, forums were where the action was.  (In general, not just Cox.)  Forums are now considered to be...  outmoded and old fashioned.  Discord (deeply flawed as chat rooms are) and (to a lesser extent) social media are where the action is.

• Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)