Patch Notes for January 23rd, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4

• City Council

Just added this to the OP as it was omitted from the original patch notes:

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

Homecoming Crash Handler

• The new Homecoming Crash Handler has been enabled.
  • If your game crashes, you will now be presented with a number of options for providing us with information to help diagnose and resolve the crash (see an example here).
  • If you are still stuck on the safe mode client it is of paramount importance that you submit crash reports for the 32-bit or 64-bit clients.
    • It is likely that this is the last major update that will support Safe Mode.
    • Please read this thread for more information relating to the discontinuation of Safe Mode.

• Like 5

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Thank you for all your hard work! It's already such a wonderful thing you do, but these changes are great!

As a brute main, I really appreciate what this does for tankers! Looking forward to plotting out some new tanker ideas, and think giving them Katanas and spines is great!

Small possible hotfix: For me it looks like Sting of the Wasp may be reading with the desc. of Frozen Fists. I tried selecting other powers. Power details all look good!

Thank you again!

fists.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Gauntlet & PunchVoke

• Gauntlet is now applied via a global proc.
    • Any single target power that takes endurance cost enhancements will trigger an AoE taunt.
    • Every AoE power that takes endurance cost enhancements will taunt the enemies it hit.
    • All Auras that take endurance cost enhancements will taunt the enemies they hit.

So, does this mean Brawl does not trigger an AoE Taunt? Or Should this read accuracy and not endurance?

Edited by Major_Decoy

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

Okay, so I'm not insane.  I get some of that feedback, though I'm not sure it needed to be all Demons, just the t1 ones that tend to Arsonist themselves.

Just kind of a bummer that I missed it because I had hopes for making a Demon MM specifically for this patch (well, not that I still can't, it just won't make a difference for keeping them well-behaved).

The demonlings might not be classed ranged-only, but they do still benefit from the general MM pet ai changes. It won't be as dramatic as it is for, say, mercenaries? But it's not "won't make a difference"

Edit: also I still stand behind my opinion that the demonlings are hybrid ranged/melee, so ranged-only is the wrong behavior (at least with the controls we currently have)

Edited by esotericist
Additional note

2 hours ago, Captain Citadel said:

What was the point of increasing the target cap for Foot Stomp and Hand Clap while leaving their radii alone? These changes are extremely watered down from the first pass, and even then they felt insufficient to address the gaps between Tanker and Brute performance at endgame. What's the point of being forced to take useless T1 powers now like Jab, without Bruising?

Expect some tweaks to individual sets coming up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the team window showing "On mission map" when a teammate is in their Supergroup Base and vice versa.

OMG REALLY!?!?!?!  This bug has existed for about five minutes less than FOREVER!

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Already getting feedback from sgmates that are on that are saying brute changes suck with the dmg nerf.

Lightning rod scattering close mobs with kb as a very noticeable feature, mobs now fleeing, so something going on with taunt?

Anyone got any feedback?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, Ninjaboy said:

Am I missing something here? 

Are we nerfing Brutes to indirectly buff Tankers and Scrappers so they have a purpose?

It's better to compare a 775% Brute to Blasters than Tankers.  Run that comparison first, before looking too hard at Tankers.

6 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Already getting feedback from sgmates that are on that are saying brute changes suck with the dmg nerf.

Lightning rod scattering close mobs with kb as a very noticeable feature, mobs now fleeing, so something going on with taunt?

Anyone got any feedback?

No they aren't.  They read a patch note that said they were nerfed and now they're convincing themselves they can tell.

IF they travel everywhere with permanent Fulcrum Shift, or have some other wombo-combo solution to keep themselves at damage cap, they will suffer a ~10% damage decrease.  Those very same Brutes (again, reliant on party members) are also building Fury more consistently.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Replacement said:

No they aren't.  They read a patch note that said they were nerfed and now they're convincing themselves they can tell.

She didn't know anything about it until she started complaining that something was off and me and another sgmate brought it up.

I'll check when I get home and see what's up on my broot.

Wondering if its noticeable on my fire farm which I run solo.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• City Council
16 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Anyone got any feedback?

Which powerset?

I've seen some unconfirmed reports of critters running away from Burn, which may indicate the global taunt proc isn't working right with Blazing Aura. Since it wasn't caught on the beta server it may be limited to specific powersets.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Anyone got any feedback?

Concerning your comment regarding brute damage CHANGE: I highly doubt this. Please have them post actual data. Achieving the old brute damage cap was difficult, even under ideal conditions. Further, at 700% damage, on a team with team contributed damage, it would be unlikely that the missing 75% would be noticeable. In broken AE farm content, this is a welcome boundary.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Number Six said:

Which powerset?

I've seen some unconfirmed reports of critters running away from Burn, which may indicate the global taunt proc isn't working right with Blazing Aura. Since it wasn't caught on the beta server it may be limited to specific powersets.

Elec/Fire so yeah might be the problem. 

1 minute ago, mwright7196 said:

I can tell you first hand Burn is causing mobs to scatter.  Yes, I am playing Spines/Fire brute.

AFAIK, mobs have always scattered from Burn.  Yes, I have a Spines/Fire Brute.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 1/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, Doomrider said:

LOL. Was anyone really complaining that this power was too good? I really doubt it if that's the case... Yay for more throwaway powers. 

I'm figuring it's just an Achilles proc mule anyway.  Long power recharge makes PPM pretty much 90% cap, but builds with high Rech from set bonuses and Hasten can get it easily below 15s.    Not perfect but that means as a one slot wonder, it will deliver in the ballpark of 2/3rds Achilles uptime....    Should help some builds in solo AVs fights.

Edited by Dr Causality
  • Like 1

• City Council
11 minutes ago, mwright7196 said:

I can tell you first hand Burn is causing mobs to scatter.  Yes, I am playing Spines/Fire brute.

I'm struggling to replicate this. Standing in RWZ with a Rad/Fire using Burn on some 53/54 Rikti. No taunt auras on. Nothing scatters.

Could you provide some more details on the exact circumstances you're experiencing this in?

34 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Same with this. LR has a 0.64 mag KB on it, so even level enemies and above will only ever be KU'd, not KB'd. Not able to replicate what you're describing - as above, can you provide more details?

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Mastermind pets which have been commanded to Stay or to Go To a location will hold that position and will not chase after targets or move closer to use powers that are out of range. Be aware this also means they will not move out of damage patches on their own.

T H A N K  Y O U ! ! !

• Like 1

Copied from the Bug Forum, This is something I've encountered tonight:

Bug encountered since the release of the 23/01/20 patch:

Bug: Slotted Knockdown Proc (Superior Avalanche) in Brute Shield Charge activates 100% of the time on all targets. The resulting combined knockdown becomes knockback (as expected). After removal of the proc, Shield Charge works as expected (80% chance of Knockdown). Once the proc is re-slotted, the bug is still present.

Edited by Tellis