Patch Notes for January 23rd, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4

8 minutes ago, Vyth said:

I'm a bit confused. The ranged damage scale for brutes was increased to .75 from .5 (correct?)

Was Impale (Spines) exempt from this? It seems to have the same damage as before

Attacks in melee sets, even if they are ranged, use the melee modifier. For Brutes and Tankers the only powers you should see any changes in are the ranged attacks in Sorcery and Force of Will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Global Boosts "inject" atttibutes into powers, so to speak. They can be strengthened by enhancements like anything else in the power. We are used to seeing most global procs flagged as "ignore strength", but these inherent taunt global procs dont have that flag. Adding Taunt enhancements to your auras will make the procs from that aura last longer.

This proooobably explains that bug from a few pages back where Fury is showing in the Enhancement page?

28 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

I can confirm this on my warmace/fire brute. It isn't as stupid as it is on a scrapper with burn but its definitely noticeable and annoying. Should be able to turn that fear off via null the gull in my opinion but if anything fix this on those of us with taunt auras.

Ok, sounds like Brutes talking more about the Burn running and Avalanche issues others are reporting being in this thread.  I'm guessing this is what @The_Warpact's SGmates were seeing as well; which is a valid issue not directly tied to the damage cap nerf (but would still have the same net result of, say, fire farms suddenly taking frustratingly long).

9 minutes ago, Vyth said:

I'm a bit confused. The ranged damage scale for brutes was increased to .75 from .5 (correct?)

Was Impale (Spines) exempt from this? It seems to have the same damage as before

That's the goal.  This had more to do with consistency than anything.  If you see any Brute Epic powers doing more or less damage, it's a bug.

A few bugs notwithstanding, I love that the new patch is out. I can't wait to play around with the PA changes!

Hopefully one day we can have further customization where we can point to a predefined costume slot (slot 6 for example - or a brand new slot just for pets) that would allow us to summon something other than our own image.

I'd imagine it'd look like this for the Power Customization:

• Original
  • Bright
  • Dark
  • Mirror
  • Mirror Custom
  • Phantom Mirror
  • Phantom Mirror Custom

PAoptions.jpg

I *can* pull the below off but it's clunky and awkward - I have to change to the male goblin form, summon the PA, wait for the 15 seconds to pass for the costume change, change back to my other costume.

image.png.a43a90d029eda9fd59a29369250075ac.png

Until then, awesome change! Love it!

• Like 2

• Developer
32 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

Should be able to turn that fear off

There is no fear component to turn off on Burn. The AI simply will enter a “harassed” mode and start fleeing if too many attacks are executed against it. Burn is a power that attacks extremely often, and due to a bug, also happens to spawn many patches that means exponential increase of these attacks panicking the AI.

This behavior *should* be overridden by a taunt, though, although not sure if there is a threshold were taunt won’t out weight the “harassed” mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

9 minutes ago, Vyth said:

Impale uses the melee damage scale. All ranged attacks in melee power sets do, and always have. Also all epic pools previously used the melee scale as well, but that has changed in this patch so they now use the ranged scale. The end effect is no change in damage, but now the implementation is more consistent on the back end.

The only exceptions are the few powers that were added when they gave epic pools a fifth power - those always used the ranged scale and thus did terrible damage. Those specific powers have gotten a significant damage increase with this change. Additionally, ranged pool powers in Sorcery and Force of Will have also gotten a significant damage increase on tanks and brutes.

Just waiting for the same change to be made to scrappers and stalkers now, so those pool powers become worth having on those archetypes too. 

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Game does not launch anymore. I successfully entered the game around 1800 EST no problem, made a new character and played a while everything was fine. Right now when I boot up from Tequila (1.0.0.20) the game boots into a black screen with a "Not Responding" banner and stays blank until it stop responding !

haalp

Pulled Chance for +Fury from followup and attacked a pylon. With my followup, focus, slash, repeat attack chain, fury is capped at 83%. That rather sucks. Put the proc back in followup and I get between 91-99%. The fury change being based on cast time needs to be further considered methinks. We shouldn't have to rely on an AT IO to get where we're supposed to be with a constant attack chain.

2 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

There is no fear component to turn off on Burn. The AI simply will enter a “harassed” mode and start fleeing if too many attacks are executed against it. Burn is a power that attacks extremely often, and due to a bug, also happens to spawn many patches that means exponential increase of these attacks panicking the AI.

This behavior *should* be overridden by a taunt, though, although not sure if there is a threshold were taunt won’t out weight the “harassed” mode.

I see, I thought i remembered the power details saying something about magnitude fear etc...  In either case the changes you folks made to taunt have apparently broke or altered blazing aura because it isn't strong enough of a taunt now to make them return to me like they did before.  Atleast 3 or more will manage to get away.

Edited by Noyjitat
  • Like 1

My Ground Zero doesn't appear to be chasing anyone off, do psuedopets work differently?

EDIT: I'm a tank and this looks to be a brute issue, so disregard my experience.  Though I'm curious if any /Rad brutes might be experiencing the issue.

Edited by skoryy

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

20 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Just making sure this is not a typo or I might be misreading: you saying you had enemies run out of burn before this patch? As a Brute? Tank? Scrapper?

I tried this out as well to see what people are talking about on my Rad/Fire Brute. Bosses and Lts would run away the longer the fight went, but would immediately re-engage if I hit them with any attack. Funny thing, I tried it without Burn, Blazing Aura or Irraditated ground running (in various combinations of one off to all three) and still saw this happen. I never noticed this activity on Test while trying out a Tanker equivalent of the same setup, so maybe this is something that is being caused by the Gauntlet/Punchvoke procs reaching mob saturation.

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Just making sure this is not a typo or I might be misreading: you saying you had enemies run out of burn before this patch? As a Brute? Tank? Scrapper?

I mean sure you might have 1 run for a moment on a brute or tank but they didn't get far (infact they usually would immediately turn back around and fight) and it was usually just 1, now its multiple and they get out of range of blazing aura so you have to chase them. When I login tomorrow I will record a short video for you of them running from my brute if you want. On scrappers yes before and after always it has always been a huge loss of dps for a fire aura on a scrapper its why i didn't make a fire aura scrapper this time around.

Okay, I'm both pleased and disappointed. Disappointed because I logged on tonight specifically to test out the crash handler and I never crashed. Pleased because, well, see previous. Seriously, great job folks. I was able to play on the 32-bit client for three hours without a single hiccup, where previously I'd have crashed to desktop within an hour to an hour-and-a-half.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Is that really a bug? Given the recharge time of Shield Charge, it makes sense that the proc would trigger reliably.

I have an Avalanche proc in Irradiated Ground on every character that uses Rad Melee and its proccing every four seconds. When I hit with the KD in Atom Smasher at the same time, it causes KB.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Solus Nova said:

A small question if I may, I've been looking at the various changes and I can't seem to find any mention of Jacobs Ladder for tanks having it's cone effect increased, is this correct is still the same 50 degree cone or has it changed?

Thanks in advance.

If the power does not say it ignore arc buffs, then it will always end up 1.5x the specified arc.

Jacobs Ladder specifically does not ignore the buff, and should be working at an effective 75 degree arc for tankers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

6 hours ago, Avilister said:

While we're at it, can we also get a no-redraw costume option for VEAT weapons? 😛

Or if not that, just allow Banes to fire Venom Grenade from the mace. My Bane on Live *would* have been viable if not for that.

Well, maybe not viable, but at least not horrible.

• City Council
26 minutes ago, Stan The Man said:

So is Page 4 the name if Issue 26 or....?

As mentioned in

As we don’t have the resources of a full studio behind us, we’re going to be releasing content in smaller chunks (or.. Pages) which are bound together into larger collections / storylines (or.. Issues).