Patch Notes for January 23rd, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 4

13 hours ago, Good2Know said:

I'm definitely noticing mobs running away in my rad/fire farm when they stuck close to me before the patch.

I can confirm the same is happening with my Titan/Fire brute as well.  It used to work perfect but since the patch mobs run all over as if I have no taunt aura at all.  Using Blazing Aura and Burn constantly.

Overall, loving the MM henchman updates.  Robots are very good now, already were best of the henchmen.

But on my Thugs, the Arsonist still seems to run into melee all the time, and thus dies quickly.  He has always been suicidal but I’m wondering if he’s working as intended due to the recharge of his ranged powers, or perhaps he’s just pulling more aggro than his peers now that he’s one of the few to get close up for his fire attacks?

I just want to say thanks to the Devs for the update, even if it is coming with an un-anticipated effect.

I was telling my co-worker about it, explaining that the Devs inadvertently broke farming toons.

I'm just glad that the community isn't in riot mode.  Can we please remember this is a small team and not a multi-million dollar corporation, and that none of these issues with the patch are as bad as Fallout 76 patches? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While using one of my low level toons after the patch, I had to put them in rest mode as they aren't slotted up yet. I saw this message constantly appear in Chat while in rest mode  "toon name Phases you with their rest"   replace toon name with the name of said character.  He didn't look like he was being phased at any time

Is this a bug or a new feature of rest?

Edited by Voltor
  • Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Just now, Voltor said:

While using one of my low level toons after the patch, I had to put them in rest mode as they aren't slotted up yet. I saw this message constantly appear in Chat while in rest mode  "toon name Phases you with their rest"   replace toon name with the name of said character.  He didn't look like he was being phased at any time

Is this a bug or a new feature of rest?

I would guess it's a bug related to the Only Affecting Self status that gets attached when using Rest.

14 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

About aggro auras:

Good news is i found the bug and fixed it internally.

Bad news is it obviously requires a patch and not sure when that will be scheduled for.

The bug is exclusively with toggles. Punchvoke should be working on all click powers.

Sorry I didn't catch this during the beta period.

After further testing this Brute aggrieved issue, I have found that using Taunt in your attack rotation against the mobs will keep most of them from running. Just tab-target And use it when it’s active. 

Also, I haven’t seen any deviant behavior with Taunt on either Brute or Tanker so far.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

2 hours ago, SimpleGeekAce said:

I just want to say thanks to the Devs for the update, even if it is coming with an un-anticipated effect.

I was telling my co-worker about it, explaining that the Devs inadvertently broke farming toons.

I'm just glad that the community isn't in riot mode.  Can we please remember this is a small team and not a multi-million dollar corporation, and that none of these issues with the patch are as bad as Fallout 76 patches? 

None of these “happy accidents” come close to the Gauntlet bug that made all Tanker attacks miss (which was live for months...). We will be fine.😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Why wasn't this reverted when the PPM changes went through, I wonder. Surely a chance for psi damage in a taunt aura wouldn't be considered OP now?

That’s a very good question. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

On the Phantom Army zoning issue:

Tested all three.

Old FX:  All three zone.

Mirror and Phantom Mirror: only 1 zones.

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

5 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

That’s a very good question. 

I'm pretty sure there was a problem getting some of them to stop proc'ing on the Tanker using them.

Edited by Trickshooter
  • Like 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

On the Phantom Army zoning issue:

Can anyone confirm if this occurs with both, the Mirror and the old power themes?

Can anyone verify if it also happens with Fire Control's Imps?

I tried the following on my Fire Contoller:

With Bright Fire Imps I used Ouro, Base-passcode and Base Portal zones and all three remained.

With Original Imps I used a tram and all three Imps remained.

With Dark Fire Imps I used a tram and all three Imps remained.

On Illusion Controller:

With Bright Phantom Army I used a tram and all three remained.

With Mirror Phantom Army I used a Tunnel and two disappeared.

With Phantom Mirror Phantom Army I used the tram and two disappeared.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Pulled Chance for +Fury from followup and attacked a pylon. With my followup, focus, slash, repeat attack chain, fury is capped at 83%. That rather sucks. Put the proc back in followup and I get between 91-99%. The fury change being based on cast time needs to be further considered methinks. We shouldn't have to rely on an AT IO to get where we're supposed to be with a constant attack chain.

Not having all that much experience with Brutes I can't compare this to prior to the change.

However, anecdotally and speaking for myself, although it does seem to be capping out around 80 in normal situations, getting up there and keeping it there are much easier than before.

Is a constant attack chain supposed to get you to 100?  Or is it supposed to get you high enough that having a ton of aggro, and yes maybe the ATO, give you the last little bit?

On 1/23/2020 at 7:49 AM, The Curator said:

Fixes for many Mapserver crashes unearthed by the new crash handler.

This. This is what I've dreamed of. I can play any AT for any amount of time, no problem, EXCEPT Tankers, Scrappers and Brutes. (All melee, I know, but I have a Stalker with no problems.)

So far in testing, one of my tanks now has no problems. Thank you thank you thank you.

Another tank... there's still a problem. So I'll keep trying things on my end as well, but I hope more of these issues are found.

Again, many thanks!

9 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Make the taunt procs unique. OP prob solved.

I think a more likely “fix” for the auras to accept taunt sets would be to remove their auto-hit status, which would in turn solve the proc problem. Seeing as I’m pretty sure some of them accept other, non-taunt sets that have procs also.

Could be wrong about that though /e shrug 

15 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

About aggro auras:

Good news is i found the bug and fixed it internally.

Bad news is it obviously requires a patch and not sure when that will be scheduled for.

The bug is exclusively with toggles. Punchvoke should be working on all click powers.

Sorry I didn't catch this during the beta period.

To be clear... is this just Brute taunt toggles?  Or all taunt toggles?

10 minutes ago, mtscottc said:

This. This is what I've dreamed of. I can play any AT for any amount of time, no problem, EXCEPT Tankers, Scrappers and Brutes. (All melee, I know, but I have a Stalker with no problems.)

So far in testing, one of my tanks now has no problems. Thank you thank you thank you.

Another tank... there's still a problem. So I'll keep trying things on my end as well, but I hope more of these issues are found.

Again, many thanks!

just out of curiosity, what is the problem with those ATs for you?

Just now, sacredlunatic said:

just out of curiosity, what is the problem with those ATs for you?

Mapserver disconnects randomly. In a mission, out of a mission, standing, fighting, running, flying, looking at my Enhancements. Doesn't matter what I do or ain't doing. It's so dang weird.

I've tried Safe Mode, lowering graphics in different ways... I can't tell you how many things I've tried. I was about to try trading in my ISP modem.

And, it still may be a problem with my set up. I d/loaded Tequila at work and played one of my tanks for an hour there... no problems. But with the latest update I was able to play a tank for hours last night.

For the record... Knockdowns have pretty much always stacked. If you perform 2 attacks with low-mag KB at roughly the same time, you will get a knockback as it combines over 1.0. 

This is something you occasionally see play out via overwhelming force thing, when it's own proc fires in addition to the powers natural (converted to low-mag) KB also kicks in.

Only point of this post: While there's very obviously something going on with kb procs atm, it isn't the magnitude.

Edited by Replacement
  • Thanks 1