Knockdown Procs post 23/01/20 patch

Tellis

Bug encountered since the release of the 23/01/20 patch:

Bug: Slotted Knockdown Proc (Superior Avalanche) in Brute Shield Charge activates 100% of the time on all targets. The resulting combined knockdown becomes knockback (as expected). After removal of the proc, Shield Charge works as expected (80% chance of Knockdown). Once the proc is re-slotted, the bug is still present.

Adding chance to KD procs like avalanche to powers that already knockdown have always worked this way iirc. The added chance for knockdown in those specific powers will produce knockback. Likewise in a power like nova that natively does kB, if you slot avalanche proc and OF or sudden acceleration to turn the native kB effect to KD, the power will knockback. Same if you slot say kinetic combat chance for kd into a st attack that already does knockdown, it will cause kB.

If the avalanche proc did not operate this way specifically in shield charge then this may be new, but in all my experience testing, slotting that avalanche kd io into powers that already KD or kb, has produced kB.

I can confirm this bug, my Archery Explosive Arrow is only suppose to have a 50% chance to KB, but with OF slotted, its KDing entire spawns at once with zero failure rolls. The chances of that happening are astronomical.

And i can recreate it each time, the only targets not getting knockdown are the ones that miss.

It will indeed produce KB, and does, which is correct. The problem is with how often it's doing it. It's applying the proc effect 100% of the time. Which on an AoE power, has to be way over the correct Procs Per Minute.

Yeah but......quills + burn, both with procs, fun to watch massive amounts of baddies flop to the ground in unison!

(On discord it has been said...enjoy it while it lasts...I expect they'll come out with a fix pretty quickly)

Edited by EmmySky

*Please ignore, am in pain*

Spotted the European! :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 hours ago, TivoManiac said:

Also the Overwhelming Force Knock Back to Knock Down is not working everything Knocks back.  Hopefully this fixes that problem too.

Depending on the power, because its procing 100% of the time, its probably stacking the KDs all together so when added up they become KnockBack. The fix should fix that as well.

I have a full set of Superior Avalanche in Irradiated Ground, when the patch drops everything gets KDd at all times. Sort of a buff if you ask me. However, and I assume this is when the patch double stacks, mobs will go FLYING across the map. I’m talking really far. And that’s the only IO or power in my build that can do KB. It also seems to proc with a higher mag when I use any power that procs the global taunt proc. Sort of fun, but hard to keep enemies within my damage auras/patches when they are getting tossed around the map! 😛

Edited by cazden121

I'm guessing this is where this belongs. May be late to the party, though; apologies if this is the case.

Level 50 Tanker (Inv/War Mace) using Kick. Every time I use it, I am seeing a knockdown effect. It's not supposed to be a 100% chance. Have tried it on it on minions, LT,s etc, all the way up to +3 bosses (Freak Show Tanks). The only thing I have slotted in it is a level 50 Accuracy IO.