Patch Notes for January 25th, 2020

• Developer

Powers

• Brute Melee > Battle Axe > Cleave: Max targets reduced from 10 to 5
  • Scrapper Melee > Battle Axe > Cleave: Max targets reduced from 10 to 5
  • Tanker Melee > Battle Axe > Cleave: Max targets reduced from 16 to 10
  • Tanker and Brute inherent taunt procs now generate a combat message for the caster, to help determine if the taunt proc is currently working.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Adamastor summoning ritual not actually summoning Adamastor
  • Fixed Marauder spamming Nova Fist at every opportunity 
  • Fixed scripting issues in The Magisterium iTrial
  • Fixed scripting issues in the Dilemma Diabolique iTrial
  • Fixed an issue that caused cutscenes to not play
  • Fixed scripting issues with the Propaganda event

Powers Bug Fixes

• A strange Fury power should no longer show up in the Brute enhancement slotting screen.
  • Fix bug where Brute PunchVoke was not triggering on aura powers.
  • Tanker Melee > Katana > Sting of the Wasp: Power description no longer shows Ice Melee power description.
  • The following procs were accidentally set to 100% chance for PvE in the previous patch, this has been fixed:
    • Avalanche > Chance for Knockdown
    • Energy Manipulator > Chance to Stun
    • Kinetic Combat > Chance for Knockdown
    • Might of the Empire > Damage/Recharge/Chance for Knockdown
    • Overwhelming Force > Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
    • Ragnarok > Chance for Knockdown
    • Stupefy > Chance for Knockback
  • Warshade > Dark Nova: Default color theme activation was not triggering the transformation fx. This has been fixed.
  • Some Kheldian powers were usable while shape-shifted even if the power icon was disabled. This has been fixed.
  • Pool > Grant Invisibility: This power's effect would completely cancel out in combat, requiring buff being re-applied. Now the buff only suppresses in combat, and returns automatically after 10 seconds out of combat, so long the buff has not naturally expired.
  • Sentinel > Willpower > Up To The Challenge> fixed terrible grammar.
  • Incarnate > Lore > Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally: Recharge buff should no longer be resisted by player recharge resist buffs.
  • Sonic Attack > Shockwave: Tooltip no longer states -Res. This power has never had -Res.
  • Staff Melee > Sky Splitter: Self Buffs should no longer be affected by the level of the target.
  • Staff Melee > Precise Strike: Brute version should no longer list twice that it accept Taunt enhancements.
  • Dominator > Energy Assault > Bone Smasher: Energy Focus debuff should now apply to the target, not the caster.
  • Dominator > Electricity Assault > Voltaic Sentinel: Fixed a bug where the pet was ignoring enhancements.
  • Impervious Skin > Status Resistance, +Regeneration:  Text now clarifies the regeneration rate bonus is unique.
  • Arachnos Soldiers and Widows > Tactical Training: Assault: Fixed an issue where their version of this power was not granting Taunt/Placate resistance.
  • Pools > Sorcery > Arcane Bolt: Should no longer knock foes back.
  • Dual Pistols > Hail of Bullets: Fixed a bug where Lethal DoT chances where being calculated up front instead of on every tick.
  • Inherent > Rest: Should no longer spam the user with Phase messages.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Timakos said:

Was there really something wrong with battle axe for cleave to be nerf i dont see many people using it or is it just to bring it to the same level as other similar cleave abilities from other power sets?

I am also somewhat bemused because I think I have seen Battle Axe ... once.

Maybe the interaction with the tanker changes made it a necessity, idk. 

• City Council
6 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

*claps* making patches and bug fixes on weekend, you guys really do go all-out for the community!

The weekend is when we actually have time to do this 😉

3 minutes ago, Timakos said:

Was there really something wrong with battle axe for cleave to be nerf i dont see many people using it or is it just to bring it to the same level as other similar cleave abilities from other power sets?

Just bringing it in line, not specifically targeted at Battle Axe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

24 minutes ago, Timakos said:

The other similar powers to Cleave got the targetcap change, its just standarizing them all. Not really a nerf.

6 minutes ago, JonnieNeutron said:

What about the weird fire armor reaction making foes run away?

Or is that the punchvoke fix?

Right now Brute auras aren't taunting with new punchvoke, so things run away if you trigger their 'afraid' AI

Not sure if this was ever reported in any other threads, but I've noticed a LOT of the power info texts are messed up now (not just for this patch, it is this way on live now as well).  Mostly with double entries of effects, but sometimes filled with things that the powers don't actually do.  None of it seems to actually translate to actual game performance (Charged armor certainly isn't actually giving my tank 70% s/l/e resistance all by itself), so not a high priority, but I find it confusing.  Another example is static shield is saying it is giving tohit resistance among other things that it doesn't actually give.  This is affecting more than just electric armor and more than just tanks.  I noticed it on Willpower and invuln for scrapper too on just a quick check.

Most people probably just use hero planners and don't even look at this info, but I do quite a bit.  

655590274_TankElectric1.thumb.jpg.bc3d9ed071fc8a7776a87b6630f03dc1.jpg

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Thanks 2

Two other bugs I've noticed:

SImilar to the Brute, Tanker is showing "Inherents" entry on enhancement screen that shouldn't be there.

Similar to what Riverdusk reported above, on my Electric Armor Tanker my mez protection toggle is saying it gives Tohit Resistance which it does not.

4 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I am also somewhat bemused because I think I have seen Battle Axe ... once.

I had an Axe tank back on Live who I enjoyed a lot. But folk looking for the "really slow, really damaging" sort of thing have probably gone to Titan Weapons instead.

Hmmm. Now I need to make something with Axe.

This is on live, perhaps this can be tested on beta as well,

Live results to attempt to duplicate here

50 sentinel, water/SR

Pool powers: tough, weave and assault

No provokes or taunts

50 +4/8 PI story arc missions, various, warriors, shadows, etc

Whirlpool causes foes to scatter and run just outside of dot much more than before. Before, a few foes would scatter. Now, they all flee.

Edited by SwitchFade

14 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Not sure if this was ever reported in any other threads, but I've noticed a LOT of the power info texts are messed up now (not just for this patch, it is this way on live now as well).  Mostly with double entries of effects, but sometimes filled with things that the powers don't actually do.  None of it seems to actually translate to actual game performance (Charged armor certainly isn't actually giving my tank 70% s/l/e resistance all by itself), so not a high priority, but I find it confusing.  Another example is static shield is saying it is giving tohit resistance among other things that it doesn't actually give.  This is affecting more than just electric armor and more than just tanks.  I noticed it on Willpower and invuln for scrapper too on just a quick check.

Most people probably just use hero planners and don't even look at this info, but I do quite a bit.  

655590274_TankElectric1.thumb.jpg.bc3d9ed071fc8a7776a87b6630f03dc1.jpg

Confirmed: Currently occurs on Pineapple as well.

3 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Whirlpool causes foes to scatter and run just outside of dot much more than before. Before, a few foes would scatter. Now, they all flee.

Just want to confirm you're not running any Knockback procs in this?  Water is a new enough set that I wouldn't be surprised if this is using a "proc" under the hood and is being affected the same as the KB enhancement bug.

• Thanks 1

Bad news (or great news, if your name is @Captain Powerhouse)

On Pineapple, Might of the Empire (Prestige Knockdown enhancement) is no longer causing my Controller>Plant Control> Roots into a 100% aoe knockdown.

In fact, is the proc rate of this normally very low?  Because I just got it to only proc once in about 10 casts (~5 targets per cast).

Edit: Oh duh.  I'm testing that wrong.  100% KB chance for one day and I totally forget this game uses PPM instead of % chance.

NEXT Edit: Yeah, about .6 PPM seems about right (that's what the paragon wiki formula gives me, and matches up pretty closely to what i'm seeing. 

In other words, I just got an education in PPM and it seems the KB enhancement fixes worked.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Confirmed: Currently occurs on Pineapple as well.

Just want to confirm you're not running any Knockback procs in this?  Water is a new enough set that I wouldn't be surprised if this is using a "proc" under the hood and is being affected the same as the KB enhancement bug.

No knockback, Whirlpool is 6 slotted with annihilation, the proc is chance to -res

6 hours ago, Replacement said:

Has no one tested the Brute stuff yet?  Am I in the wrong place to see the results of everyone else' testing..?

I copied my Claws/Fire over to test and I can confirm that NPCs are back to the old behavior around Burn patches.

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Replacement said:

Has no one tested the Brute stuff yet?  Am I in the wrong place to see the results of everyone else' testing..?

As one of the lucky ones that can spend most of their time at “work” in-game, Sun-Mon is my weekend and it’s a no-can-do for playtime. Witcher and playing my Rad/Rad Tanker with that addictive Avalanche proc (before it goes away) caused me to miss these patch notes, so no testing until Tuesday.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward