I hope i25's reduced Merit prices make it to whatever permanent servers we get

Vanden

I never made much use of the merit reward system in the old days, because everything was way too expensive. I had a chance to look at the prices in the merit vendors on Torchbearer, however, and they're way more reasonable. For example:

Uncommon IO recipes were 50-75 merits on the Live servers. On Torchbearer, I can't find any over 20.

PVP IOs were unavailable for Merits on Live. On Torchbearer, they can be had for 100 merits.

Archetype enhancements were 400 merits on Live, plus 25 million inf. On Torchbearer they're just 100 merits.

These are prices I can see myself working towards. I haven't gotten a chance to see the alignment merit prices yet, but I hope they're similarly reduced. I have very UN-fond memories of doing five alignment missions almost every day for two months to get my hands on a Gladiator's Armor +3% Defense IO, and I'm not eager to repeat that.

Agreed. i25 really seems to adjust things to compensate for the smaller player base. allowing us to IO our toons even without tens of thousands of players using Wentworths etc.

The Merit costs here seem much more reasonable. On live I just opted to farm INF and buy the recipes outright from WWs. Seemed like the more expedient way to do things.

Not to mention we can now convert Inf directly into merit points. Something I don't recall on live. Which will put a soft-cap price on the WW price for most recipe/IOs.

The existing i25 values were apparently adjusted to fit a population of merely hundreds. I would expect every server going forward will need to put their own math wizard on the task of balancing such things relative to their unique population. With a public server that is free to play with unlimited account creation we'd probably see values close to what was on the old servers once it all balances out. I'd just hope there's some way of preventing the kind of inflation that plagued us then.

I wonder too if people trading in-game items and currency for cash will be a thing again.

Where is the merit vendor, I need to look at that?

Agree on needing to adjust the prices to match the market and economy. One of the things I liked the most in live was defeating the wentworths game and doing crazy IO builds. I don't really enjoy standard SO builds anymore as a result lol. With a lower player base, the available inventory just wont be there.

The existing i25 values were apparently adjusted to fit a population of merely hundreds. I would expect every server going forward will need to put their own math wizard on the task of balancing such things relative to their unique population. With a public server that is free to play with unlimited account creation we'd probably see values close to what was on the old servers once it all balances out. I'd just hope there's some way of preventing the kind of inflation that plagued us then.

I wonder too if people trading in-game items and currency for cash will be a thing again.

The population is not going to be anywhere near the old live servers... these values are much closer to what they should be even for a public server.

Where is the merit vendor, I need to look at that?

Agree on needing to adjust the prices to match the market and economy. One of the things I liked the most in live was defeating the wentworths game and doing crazy IO builds. I don't really enjoy standard SO builds anymore as a result lol. With a lower player base, the available inventory just wont be there.

They look like information kiosks... you probably noticed one in City Hall and one over in Mercy.  There is an actual toon in the Vanguard base before you go out to the crashed Rikti Mothership.

There are thousands of players right now, but no telling how much that will change, but I have a feeling it will drop quite a bit. Would the long-term player base be enough to sustain a Wentworth's style economy? I don't know, but I hope it could.

I wonder how hard it will be to increase the XP and inf gain by a little bit to lesson the grind at higher level. It used to be that you'll be done with the missions from contact before you gain enough to move up. A little help there would be really nice.

I wonder how hard it will be to increase the XP and inf gain by a little bit to lesson the grind at higher level. It used to be that you'll be done with the missions from contact before you gain enough to move up. A little help there would be really nice.

Granted, my current is only lvl 8, but I out ran a contact last night.

That was a problem they solved a long time ago on the Live servers. There's more content than ever at all levels, and they readjusted the XP cost curve, which resulted in an overall reduction of the XP required to level up at all levels.

I am wondering how they are going to handle wentworths and respecs, since they arent going to sell them and having 3 for the total life of a character seems.. troublesome.

This is something we lived with for years till they added in other ways to get it.

Cheap is good for me I had farming the Positron task force down to an art I would use 3 other accounts log in start it log off then solo the entire thing log back the accounts in the end part get rewards.

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA