Power Customization - Low Hanging Fruit

Leogunner

As I was playing my Shield/DM Tanker I just made, an idea came to my head.  What about an option to upscale certain FX?  Like take the after-image punches in Shadow Maul and have the option of having GIANT after-image fits?  Not super huge but just 2-3x larger?  Same could be considered for Psi Melee with it's various psi-punch animations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Megawatt said:

has  'replacing all Psi-Melee animations with Psi-blade variants' been suggested yet ? because i was really disappointed to find only 2 Psi-Blade Melee options.

I think I did a few posts ago, there should be enough to work with if you pair Psi Melee and Force of Will together, as well as some of the unique psionic stuff seen on Penny Yin and the Burnouts NPC faction.

11 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

I think I did a few posts ago, there should be enough to work with if you pair Psi Melee and Force of Will together, as well as some of the unique psionic stuff seen on Penny Yin and the Burnouts NPC faction.

i would love if this is a thing they did honestly, i want to make a Psi/somthing Stalker but i just cant if i'm stuck using mostly the weird TK Fist.......also 'Penny Yin and the Burnouts' sounds like a band.

Honestly, what I'd like is to take the riflebutt/bayonet powers from VEATs, along with several grenade based abilities from critters and get a Grenade Control and Rifle Assault

Tear Gas, Web Grenade, Stun Grenade, Sleep Grenade, Flashbangs, Glue Grenade, Incendiary Grenade--they could have as many tricks as Mind, capping it off with a Gun Drone pet.

There's honestly not any real options for 'natural' (without superpowers) control sets.

Edited by DMW452
  • Like 2

Oh, no no, not a Gun Drone!  I've thought about Grenade Control a -lot-.  Since Issue 7 or so, when Mayhems were introduced.

The Pet for Grenade Control needs to be a PPD Grenadier (with customization options to change their appearance like the Phantom Army has right now, so you can have all sorts of versions).

23 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Oh, no no, not a Gun Drone!  I've thought about Grenade Control a -lot-.  Since Issue 7 or so, when Mayhems were introduced.

The Pet for Grenade Control needs to be a PPD Grenadier (with customization options to change their appearance like the Phantom Army has right now, so you can have all sorts of versions).

Or a SWAT officer in general as backup.

• Like 1

Well, you totally could still have it be PPD; villains and -all-.  The PPD aren't totally above corruption.  Nor is it impossible for someone to just up-and-steal their armour and equipment then wear it.  I mean, it would be most out of place in Praetoria.
But regardless of all that, I was suggesting the Grenadier in terms of the Pet's Powers, not strictly its appearance.  The customization of Phantom Army in the latest patch also means that future Pets could be pre-built with that feature in mind, allowing for immense versatility in pet customization.

Just now, Tyrannical said:

Oh man nobody actually suggested 'Soul Mastery' FX for Dark powers.

Can we do that? or is it something we should only see as part of the Patron Powers?

Yes, you can use the Soul Noir effects for dark powers.  Dark Blast powers specifically have a lot of options to include color tintable, skulls and soul noir.  

I would like to see Warshade FX added as an option to Dark blast, Dark Melee and Dark Armour, with Peacebringer FX added to Energy Blast, Energy Melee, and Electric Armour.

Dr. Helix already exists as a character who uses Warshade FX without having any connection to warshade lore (She's specifically using power armour).