Sign in to follow this  
wolfshadow31

Orange Salvage

Whats up with orange salvage?  18,000 bids?  Now, I know usually orange salvage seems to sell for 500-600k pretty regularly at a Buy it now type price.  But over the last month, even my lowish bids, just never fill.  Like pretty reliably I could bid on an orange and get it for 326k before Christmas.  Then I was bidding 351k, then 378k etc.  Now, I've had bids in for a few days at 388k and they just never fill.  I'm up to 401k now.  Are people just using this much orange salvage?  Or is this more of a reseller type thing where someone is trying to buy thousands at a lower price, and attempt to resale for higher?  

Arbitrage is the most likely answer.

• Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I haven't bought orange salvage for less than 400K in months.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+1) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Torchbearer

Fire/Willpower Sentinel (50+1) on Indomitable

During the Winter Lords booster pack frenzy, I think more people were buying THOSE packs and generating a lot of brainstorm ideas. As a result, the market got flooded with orange salvage people wanted to liquidate. Once the price of the packs went back up to 25 mil I think the frenzy stopped and the surplus dried up; the market may have even over-corrected.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Glad I'm not crazy. I was buying @329,789 x 1,000 and selling @469,696 with bids almost always going @500+. Then January ended and so did any chance of making a profit. Went back to farming and Defense IOs for cash.