What else are you playing right now?

NNDeepdish

I pulled my Vive out of storage now that I have some room again.  Started playing Half-Life Alyx.  It's so good but it's certainly testing my nerves.  I normally don't do good with horror and while Half-Life isn't exactly horror, it does have occasional surprises and situations that give me intense anxiety.  The darker areas in particular freak me out, having to fumble around in a creepy alien sewer system while looking out for Headcrabs, yeesh.  I also legitimately panicked when I lost track of a nearby Manhack when in a shootout with Combine troops.  I don't think you can actually hit them with your hands or gun but I was flailing around for a bit trying to find the damn thing when it got too close.

At least when i'm not mentally prepared for Half-Life's world, I also found this mini-golf game (Walkabout Mini Golf) that's so much more relaxing, and also fantastic if you like mini-golf.  Fun and creative courses, realistic and accurate physics as far as putting goes, and tons of secrets to find exploring all the courses.  It's a great way to unwind after stressing out in dark tunnels, or when life hits hard.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 2 weeks later

Another game I am playing right now is an old-timey delivery service game. The basic premise is managing personnel, hardware, and money to airdrop goods across Europe. It's not as easy as it sounds since my customers often hate me. As it happens, they are usually Nazi Germany, and I work for Royal Air Force. Also, the plane can catch fire mid-flight for no reason. By the way, the game is Bomber Crew.

UVx238M.jpg

qQfcE11.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

So far this year:

• XBsX
    • Halo Infinite
      • Completed Campaign
  • PS5
    • Astro's Playroom
      • Kinda of addictive, good for helping to understand the controller / console
    • Subnautica 1
      • Restarted game 'cause saves don't transfer
      • Probably completed like 60-70% of the game
    • Subnautica 2
      • Restarted game 'cause saves don't transfer
      • Probably completed like 40-50% of the game
    • Horizon 2
      • Am sitting before the final battle, but still have a bunch of side quests to complete (all the ones I don't like)
    • Cyberpunk 2077
      • Created a new character and I think it was mostly to play with the CC / new console TBH as I haven't actually played the game since last time
    • Death Stranding DC
      • Purchased, completed the PS4 version, need to play this one
    • Elex 2
      • Purchased, need to play
    • Maquette
      • Came with PS+, need to play
    • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
      • Purchased, need to play
  • PS4
    • Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep
      • Beat it, again, but this time the stand alone version
    • Stranded Deep
      • Purchased because a friend liked it, but the game's really low budget and poorly built, so not sure I'll play more than the very frustrating hour I've eeked out

Wishlist: (Things that release/released this year)

• PS5
    • Lego SW: The Skywalker Saga
    • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

TBH, I've been a little TOO loose on spending this winter for someone using a dangerous level of FMLA, but I think that's some sort of coping thing. I got my consoles without terribly drastic measures (even got one for the sibling at retail) and I'd already planned on getting the bulk of what I've bought, so it's not like everything is squirrel shopping. That and this barely dings my credit lines, so it's not like I've introduced a large bill to my monthly requirements.

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I'm about to re-install Red Dead Redemption 2, because the last time I played it, I never proceed further from Chapter 3... then again, I spent more time in Red Dead Online instead of continuing the story missions.

GTA Online, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Marc Ecko: Getting Up, and Lego City Undercover are the games I currently played this year.

Also played this game:

278573219_SevenCatsTavern.thumb.JPG.133cadfa4d446b894062d0d504f67339.JPG

• Like 1

Heroes, villains, no problem.

Have some cookies, you're welcome. 😄

Cookies.jpg.2b22cf3d06af9c1b815c84046ae060bb.jpg

I've been making headway with in Elden Ring as a Samurai. It seems the play style really speaks to me in that game, softening up targets from range with a bow, and then as they come to engage me in melee unsheathe my blade, slice, dice, dodge, roll, and repeat on the next threat. I tried as an astrologer and the beginning of the game was too rough for me casting spells.

Still on the mobile games: picked up Mech Arena for casual robot toasting action. Fun, simple controls to learn, lots of customisation, tricky to master. Some P2W going on but surprisingly rare to see the epic weapons in game - and they're not guaranteed wins.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Finished Horizon 2 and immediately wanted to play Horizon 3. Only issue is that it's probably not even in development yet. >.<

Started Elex 2, hated the graphics (considering how good H2 looks) and the controls were pissing me off, so 10 minutes later I'm playing Subnautica 1 again. 😛

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On the XBox:

Destiny 2 (soloing is a chore, and is not helped by the fact I just seem to keep getting worse at PvP).

Neverwinter

A bunch of stuff on my Switch:

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

TLoZ: Breadth of the Wild (100% my Master Mode playthrough, but still trying to do it with my Normal Mode)

Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Various multiplayer games for Family Game Night

And on my PC:

Rom Hacks of old games, mostly, including The 7th Saga, lots of Pokemon, and TLoZ: A Link to the Past Randomizer

I do not play any of them as much as I would like to, though. Hell, I am not sure there are enough hours in the day and/or enough hands to play them as much as I would like to, lol!

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

• 2 weeks later

Elden Ring was way more fun than I thought it was going to be - Im not that into games where you die a lot, but this was actually like Skyrim with the difficulty ramped up and way less quests. But again - VERY FUN.

Mudslingstress - Water / Earth Blaster * Nitroglycerine - Rad / Fire Brute * Tanzinite - Street / Stone Stalker

I just ended up killing everyone in the DLCs.  Started with one accidental kill in Lonesome Road with the And Stay Back! perk to Ulysses, then some not-so-accidental coin shot to joshuas head, some buckshot to Daniel.  Right now I am just trying to get revenge on some brains in a jar.

Cowboy + Shotgun Surgeon + Crits + And Stay Back!

20220410030526_1.jpg

Moved back to Subnautica and WAY too much base crafting for what you 'need'. I did play a bit of Tiny Tina and that's going to be awesome. I played some of the new Lego SW and that's going to be a very long game with hopefully not so many of the bugs of old.

Currently playing the snot out of Civilization VI, which is weird because I find the game, except for graphics and slightly better AI, to be inferior to Civ III, which I dearly loved.  Unfortunately, Civ III is not compatible with Windows 10, and I'd have to virtualize a copy of Windows XP to get the game running again.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:48 PM, Techwright said:

Currently playing the snot out of Civilization VI, which is weird because I find the game, except for graphics and slightly better AI, to be inferior to Civ III, which I dearly loved. 

I don't think I played as much of 3 as I did 2 and 4 but that was more a function of timing than anything else.

There is a lot to like in 6 though.  The canal mini-game can get quite crazy on the right map. 

Although, I am starting to get annoyed with the way religion works after working my way up the difficulties. AI gets really aggressive with apostles rather quickly.

Next game I start I think I might try to ignore that aspect completely and just not found one and see what happens.

Not really a fan of having a dozen City-States by default though.  I've been cutting that in half just to have some room to build.  Hmm.  Maybe that's not the way to go either though. 🤷‍♂️

Civ always reminds me that I am not nearly methodical or meticulous enough and in general I am always clicking for the next turn then realizing I forgot to make the rounds on what cities are doing.  Really should define/refine a routine for every turn and teach myself to stick to it, or something.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

20 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

I don't think I played as much of 3 as I did 2 and 4 but that was more a function of timing than anything else.

Although, I am starting to get annoyed with the way religion works after working my way up the difficulties. AI gets really aggressive with apostles rather quickly.

Next game I start I think I might try to ignore that aspect completely and just not found one and see what happens.

Not really a fan of having a dozen City-States by default though.  I've been cutting that in half just to have some room to build.  Hmm.  Maybe that's not the way to go either though. 🤷‍♂️

Civ always reminds me that I am not nearly methodical or meticulous enough and in general I am always clicking for the next turn then realizing I forgot to make the rounds on what cities are doing.  Really should define/refine a routine for every turn and teach myself to stick to it, or something.

I was unemployed most of 2014.  I downloaded a copy of Civ II and played to ridiculous amounts. Graphics weren't great but I loved everything else except the AI when making political decisions.  VI is somewhat better at that, though still not great.

I got annoyed with the religion elements for an entirely different reason.  I'd get a nation with no religion to completely accept my religion, then bam, religious culture bomb, in one turn, the capital completely converts to a new religion, and converts 50%, sometimes more, of all the closest cities in the nation.    Wiping out all the hard work on a whim is more than a little off-putting.  There should at least be a build-up period before a culture bomb.

If you're going to ignore the religion aspect, it sounds like a perfect time to play the Kongo.  They're not permitted to have their own religion and have to work with whatever comes their way.

Yeah, too many city-states.  I'd rather have an option to fully absorb one or two of them once I've completely won them over.  For now, I set the start bar lower. 

Speaking of "absorb", I'm greatly annoyed that I cannot merge settlers into other cities.  It was a key tactic in Civ II and III for bleeding off overcrowding, and rapidly growing a new city.  Besides, it is completely normal in the real world.  I also despise that I cannot obliterate the starting capitals of the other empires.  That is unnatural.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Techwright said:

If you're going to ignore the religion aspect, it sounds like a perfect time to play the Kongo.  They're not permitted to have their own religion and have to work with whatever comes their way.

Nice. Definitely going to give that a try.

39 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I'd get a nation with no religion to completely accept my religion, then bam, religious culture bomb, in one turn, the capital completely converts to a new religion, and converts 50%, sometimes more, of all the closest cities in the nation. 

Yeah, had that happen in my most recent run.  Converted neighboring Egypt to Shinto and 3-4 turns later they founded their own religion and started aggressively pushing it.  They were pretty small though so I just wiped them, kept the two cities that had wonders and eventually my other neighbor got over it. 😄

37 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I'd rather have an option to fully absorb one or two of them once I've completely won them over.

Stamford Raffles one of the Great Merchants has the ability to absorb a City-State into your empire.  I am still working on the Timing Great People mini game, as some are vastly more valuable than others.  The Great Merchants that grant a bonus resource (Toys, Cosmetics, etc) for the added amenities are absolutely key.  Amenities can be hard to come by in other ways, or at least I've not found a ton of ways to generate them.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.