End Game Problems

Kodo

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

To be fair, I thought the "Put one foot in front of the other" reference was from the elf in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I had to search for it.  I just knew it wasn't Snow Miser.

Heh. That means we are no longer sitting around watching kids tv. Prob a good thing. Yeah that memory was totally sideways for me

to the topic though;  yes to helping people. We want the game to be accessible to those who have not played it through years and now are grinding away like its new again

i try to answer questions with as much info as i can and try to write to someone who may not know what all the abbreviations and secret knowledge in the game is. People who may have been playing a few weeks or maybe some young geek just diving into mmorpg. 

there are many levels to this game. You can enjoy it running on SOs and having no idea what TFs are or how to survive a Mayhem Mission. And inventions?  Looks way overhead. Because that was the way i ran for months. And i loved it. I broke out of the zig so many times when i first found the game i now have PTSD about lockups 😆

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:00 AM, Ironscarlet said:

3.. Only IO that are super hard to find are pvp IO because not as many people pvp

Just as a point of clarification: PvP Recipes now drop for all content. They are either on the rare or very rare drop table and have a 10-50 level range (which is extremely useful for procs).

With normal gameplay, pretty much every character will have received several in drops by the time they reach 50, especially if you use Windfall during long playtime runs.

Edited by Myrmidon
  • Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I played through the arcs in Praetoria and in the process got enough merits that, once changed to converters and sold, I had more than enough to generic IO all the way up to 50 by level 22.  That would be my recommendation, especially for a persistent team: start in Praetoria, play the cool arcs there, swap merits from the arcs for converters, and sell the converters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I vet two to three PvP on a good week. I do zero PVP (hate it) and run at below 35 95% time. 

Purples I get less of because i dint run that content.  I ran a new toon in PI and picked  up two purples in one day on it though

these rates must be better than on live plus the PvP drops in any content

we live in a blessed corner of the galaxy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Just as a point of clarification: PvP Recipes now drop for all content. They are either on the rare or very rare drop table and have a 10-50 level range (which is extremely useful for procs).

With normal gameplay, pretty much every character will have received several in drops by the time they reach 50, especially if you use Windfall during long playtime runs.

What is Windfall?

reading the actual descriptions is probably the other half..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/27/2020 at 7:31 PM, MasThoven17 said:

End Game Problems:

1. Money. The only viable way to make money for end game IOs is to create a fire farmer. So you basically have to shelf your toon and play another toon so that you can buy sets for the toon you shelfed. This is all wrong. There should be a way to match the income of a fire farmer on our actual toons. Like give us an influence boost, like the xp boost, available at level 50. Or something...

2. Custom non-fire AE maps. Custom non-fire AE maps are the hardest content in the game. You can build one of these, and on regular +0/ 8 players, a full group of incarnates will wipe on the first group of mobs.

Here's the problem. Let's say you dumb your mobs down. Now your full group of incarnates can barely yet successfully kill the mobs on +0/8. The problem is, they get little to no exp/influence because it's not +4. You can not run these things on +4 unless you completely gimp the mobs. In which case, then you're right back to mindlessly aoe killing groups of mobs that hold little challenge.

There needs to be a way, so that when we create an AE map, with mobs that actually have lots of powers and actually pose a serious threat (and a fun fight), that we get xp & $ as if it was +4, Even though, we're running on +0 (because again,+4 under these conditions are impossible). 

3. IO sets and the Auction house. If your set is highly sought after, it's probably completely unavailable. I've been looking for the same IO for over a week... I'm 100% not against having a NPC vendor that sells every IO in the game. And I'm not talking about 100 merits for 1. That's extremely unreasonable.

4. The main problem with End Game for new players is that the moment you hit 50, you now have to Google for 8 hours to figure out how incarnates work, how IO Sets work, then you have to download a 3rd party software to measure IOs, now you're ready to go start a fire farmer so you can actually afford IO's...

This isn't a rant. This is just my experience and opinion on the topic: End Game. 

I got 99 problems. But end game aint one.

1. Read Robotech_masters guides. He details how to easily make money in this game without farming at all.

2. Ive never wiped on anything in this game set to +0/8, much less a team all fighting, Id say if you struggle with content like that as an incarnate, go back to 1. and make money to build properly.

3. I have over 30 fully IOed builds and have never spent more than a day or two finding all the IOs needed to build them. Go back to 1.

4.I dont disagree that the info is a bit difficult to find at a glance, and it does take some searching. I had zero idea what to do to build my incarnate abilities when i first returned. By week 2 back I was all tier3/4 and rolling. Spend the time and digest the info, its worth the 8 hours to find what you need and make the next 1000 hours in game much more enjoyable.

Have fun out there, hero. (or villain or in between)

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 2:19 PM, Corruption said:

Not to mention the economy on live where a single enhancement could go for over a billion inf. Now it's hard to spend a billion on an entire build. 

I was going to say this exactly. Income has maintained and prices have decreased across the board. Attuned IO's also make it trivial to get the set's/IO's you want without the exemp juggling you used to have to do. A level 25 LoTG on live was in the 100 mil range. The last Apoc/Rag/Hecatomb sets I bought on live were in the 5-700 mil per enhance range (or 3-4 bil per x5 set). Which was fine once you'd bought into the system. Breaking into the system was a slog. 

A 20-25 minute ITF generates enough cash for most single enhances and  you get merits to distribute how you choose. Kitting characters out has been a treat and you get to really feel the incremental growth playing them and kitting them.

On 1/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, SlimPickens said:

I got 99 problems. But end game aint one.

I was just about to type this out.  Lol. But yeah if you run 50s. I currently do not but have a Badger coming up that i will be doing a lot on. Then you have zero zip nada no cash worries. My problem in this game is the character creator and altitis. I spend most of my time on below 30 toons that eat money not make money