Stargate(s)

Stargate SG-1 is one of my favorite series ever. I have always been a big sci-fi fan. I watched all the star treks, Star Wars, Stargate etc.  

Favorite of all is Stargate SG-1. I like Stargate Atlantis almost as much. While I did enjoy SG-U, I didn’t like it as much as the previous two. However, I liked it enough to be disappointed when it got cancelled. 

The OP is spot on on Jack. I much prefer the Richard Dean Anderson portrayal. He made the show. 

• Thanks 1

Starting a few days before his (RDA) birthday, I watched all of MacGyver then all of Legend and just a couple days ago got started on SG-1.  I love rewatching these (and other fav shows I have on DVD) because it seems you always find something you didn't notice before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marine X said:

That is actually at the end of Season 3, Then over the next 2 years they aired 2 shortened seasons referred to as Season 4.0 and Season 4.5 which brought the Story to an end. They tied up a lot of loose ends and the finale was really cool as they end up at the Cylon Colony, complete with a mix of Original series Centurians and the Contemporary ones.

Wait, what are you pointing at? The Finale was them at the "last colony"/earth circa 30k years ago. Then they send the ships into the sun and the robots go wandering off somewhere in space...what'd I miss?!? (shouldn't be anything as I've bought everything I could find :p)

Edited by WanderingAries
  • Confused 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

10 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Wait, what are you pointing at? The Finale was them at the "last colony"/earth circa 30k years ago. Then they send the ships into the sun and the robots go wandering off somewhere in space...what'd I miss?!? (shouldn't be anything as I've bought everything I could find :p)

They are still in the rag tag fugitive fleet trying to escape the cylons 

All the rest of that was some weird fan fic or something.  

The Scene that Apparition linked to is from when they found Kobol, and then, during season 3, most of the civilians along with President Baltar started a Colony, then the Cylons arrived and began oppressing them. The Galactica came to the rescue and The Pegasus was destroyed covering their escape. There was an entire 22 Episode season after the scene he said he thought was from the finale, but it is a great scene, and one of the coolest sounds to ever come out of my surround sound. Play it with your headphones on or speakers on 10, cool.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

To now redirect the conversation back to Stargate: One moment please, there we go....

Loved the Original Movie, when they announced that Showtime was producing a series I was a little teed off that I wouldn't be able to watch it without signing up, so I waited. When it came to the SciFi Channel I was addicted, not binging surrounded by jars of Urine, but close. The Mythology was very deep for a TV Show at that time. The Goa'uld rework as a race of parasites worked with the original movie and opened up the doors to all sorts of possibilities. The longer the show ran, the more I was impressed with where they went with it. It was only when RDA started to back away from front line involvement that it started to wain a bit. The last 2 seasons were pointed in new direction and were good, maybe not as good as the peak years but good. The 2 Movies I thought were well done and the first one wrapped up the series well. while the 2nd was just plain fun.

Altlantis was cool from the start. New  villains, new allies and whole slew of Ancient Tech and fresh Mythology. Dr McKay was just a wealth of neurotic moments. The show  was, I thought, cut down in it's prime and deserved a proper ending. A final season would have let them do a proper ending instead of the rushed finale and gratuitous Group Happy Shot, roll credits.

Universe also was just getting itself in form when the ended it. I thought it had potential to be a great show but they kept not progressing the interpersonal relationships, Col. Young and Dr Rush, until the final episode, felt it more important to be spiteful and undermining of each other even at the cost of their own interests and the crew than to work together. But there were lots of great episodes. If they had stopped at the one where they spawned an entire Civilization 1000s of years in the past, that would have been a much better final episode than being stuck as Crew-cicles forever. Who knows.

Have not got to see Origins, but have read some comments and feel I would just have to watch it before deciding.

• Thanks 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

In the SGU comics Eli repairs life support to some of the unreachable parts of the ship and finds another usuable status pod just in time, so they all survive the galaxy hop.  

Then everyone wakes and so on .. 

Def an underrated show in my opinion.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 2:55 PM, VileTerror said:

Ok, I made this thread specifically for @GM Widower!  Where the fudgy-oreo-cookies are they?

Stalking , I mean distracted by my other post activity. :p

*pokes @GM Widower*

• Thanks 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 months later

Watched the entire run of SGU again on Amazon.  I soooooo wish Amazon or Netflix would pick this show back up!  Yes, I know it has been like 10 years or whatever, but I really want to see where it ended up!  Yes, I know there is a comic out there that tried to do it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Watched the entire run of SGU again on Amazon.  I soooooo wish Amazon or Netflix would pick this show back up!  Yes, I know it has been like 10 years or whatever, but I really want to see where it ended up!  Yes, I know there is a comic out there that tried to do it.

It felt like it was just getting started then it was over.

• Like 1

Was it called "Window of Opportunity?" It was the SG1 "Groundhog Day" episode.

Just about the funniest thing I ever saw on TV!

And the comedy was entirely character-driven, as the best usually is.

Edited by DoctorDitko
character-driven
  • Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

5 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Was it called "Window of Opportunity?" It was the SG1 "Groundhog Day" episode.

Just about the funniest thing I ever saw on TV!

And the comedy was entirely character-driven, as the best usually is.

"In the middle of my back swing??!"

😄 😄 😄

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5vhp99

@30:07

"ugh- GAWD!"
" . . . exactly how many of these loops have you- . . . have we . . . been through?"

"I've ... lost track."

"That must be frustrating."

"uuuhhhh ... yeah!"

"On the other hand, i-i-i-it's kind of an opportunity."

"How's that?"

"Well think about it:  I mean if you know in advance that everything is always going to go back to the way it was, then . . .  you could do anything.  For as long as you want, without having to worry about consequences."

" . . . "

" . . . "

" . . . excuse me . . . "