I know they say any publicity is good publicity but...

DR_Mechano

2 hours ago, roleki said:

Anyway, I didn't even know people were making HC CoH videos, I thought that was verboten.  If it is, the team should take a moment to Nova this dude.

AIUI - it's fine from the Team's POV.  It's the hosting services that might object to "pirate" content.

ETA:  The original video is gone, "due to a copyright claim by NCSoft".

Screenshot (134).png

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Haha 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Video unavailable
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NCSOFT Corporation.

And This folks is how you put things at risk...

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

That is rather troubling and personally hope that his...well...foolishness in making a copyrighted Marvel character in the video is the main cause for the takedown and not due to making CoH content. I mean there are videos still out there talking about CoH and playing on HC so...erm...fingers crossed it doesn't affect the things...

2 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

That is rather troubling and personally hope that his...well...foolishness in making a copyrighted Marvel character in the video is the main cause for the takedown and not due to making CoH content. I mean there are videos still out there talking about CoH and playing on HC so...erm...fingers crossed it doesn't affect the things...

The HC team no longer condones streaming per NCSoft's wishes, so possibly it was a function of this guy making videos that earn him revenue somehow.

9 minutes ago, Blastit said:

The HC team no longer condones streaming per NCSoft's wishes, so possibly it was a function of this guy making videos that earn him revenue somehow.

Fair enough. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for both this particular person AND people in general. There are other CoH based videos still up but they're on the small side. So things like Server update info videos, the solo Lambda trial, that sort of thing is fine. I'm guessing it was basically this...A-hole...that meant/means the HC team no longer supports streaming...good job SSundae... >.>

Edited by DR_Mechano

Two comments.  First, this is how YouTubers act.  I wasn't able to watch the video until I got home last night, but I think this guy is pretty normal as per what my 9 year old normally watches.  The guy earlier who mentioned Pee Wee Hermon makes a good point.  People sometimes put on a crazy persona and it works.  This isn't a new thing.  Personally, I find it unbearable, but 13 million subscribers disagree.

Second, getting publicity from a guy like this is great for a game because he drives a TON of potential new customers do your business.   But we're not a business, so it not that important.. and neither is it a big deal that the video is down.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow