Patch Notes for January 29th, 2020

The Curator

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed very old memory corruption bug that could randomly cause crashes or other strange behavior while loading into a map
  • Resolved a longstanding issue that would cause a crash if the game is installed in a folder with a path name longer than around 130 characters

Both of these are thanks to the new crash reporting infrastructure introduced with Page 4. Please keep the reports coming!

Edited by The Curator
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Neat!  I just sent one of those early that morning for that exact reason, glad to know they really do help.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Taunt auras still don't hold enemy aggro, everything keeps running off constantly x.x

Also, with some of brute attacks, this icon now pops up briefly on my powers-active bar, which I guess is the replacement for PunchVoke? It seems to be activating on you instead of enemies and that might be an issue why they still keep running off, you're taunting yourself?

image.png.04102d9e1208534dbadddc04db86d5b1.png

Edited by Night

• Developer
1 hour ago, Night said:

Taunt auras still don't hold enemy aggro, everything keeps running off constantly x.x

Also, with some of brute attacks, this icon now pops up briefly on my powers-active bar, which I guess is the replacement for PunchVoke? It seems to be activating on you instead of enemies and that might be an issue why they still keep running off, you're taunting yourself?

The fix to the Taunt Aura is still in test. The icon you see is not because you are taunting yourself, it's likely an oddity with the chunk of it that is granting you bonus +Rage on slow attacks.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

• City Council

@HeliopauseNothing is collected unless the game crashes. If it does, you are presented with a menu allowing you to optionally upload a crash report (with or without a process memory dump), or just leave it on your computer for you to review.

You can see a picture of what it looks here:

Regardless of which option you pick, you can find the report files (if any have been created) under a "Crash" folder inside your COH install.

• Like 1

I kind of wish I could get some crashes and see this stuff.  Not really.   The 64 bit client fixed 90% of my crashes and I hope a new ISP will fix the rest later this year.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

19 hours ago, Night said:

image.png.04102d9e1208534dbadddc04db86d5b1.png

We're really missing the trees for the forest here:

image.png.7054f1b109f0416d75c84aca659b19ad.png

Illusion Control for Brutes confirmed! Before Dominators, even!

(yeah, yeah, I know it's because of the proc affecting any power but still)

• Haha 3

Ever since the tanker changes, I've seen major problems with the power descriptions in-game (mostly

primaries I think). They contain large amounts of extra power effects that don't actually apply in-game.

Example - here is from the power text for Fiery Aura - Plasma Shield:

==============

30.00%% resistance to fire damage on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to energy damage on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to negative energy damage on self
unresistable

12.98 hold protection on self
unresistable

12.98 sleep protection on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to fire damage on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to energy damage on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to negative energy damage on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to psionic damage on self
unresistable

129.75%% resistance to hold on self
Ignores buffs and enhancements
unresistable

129.75%% resistance to sleep on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to defense on self
unresistable

30.00%% resistance to to hit on self
unresistable

+30.00%% resistance to recharge on self
unresistable

50.00%% resistance to run speed on self
unresistable

50.00%% resistance to fly speed on self
unresistable

50.00%% resistance to jump speed on self
unresistable

50.00%% resistance to jump height on self
unresistable

==============

Whaaaaaaat is all that lol. Lots of it is repeated, what a mess.

30% psi res? 50% slow res? In Plasma Shield?? I checked, these don't show up in Combat Attributes, thankfully.

Similar bizarre problems in:

Dark Armor - Obsidian Shield

Invulnerability - Unyielding

+ prob others.

When will we see a patch seeing the brute punchvoke fix?

It's really frustrating watching mobs run a and has decreased the enjoyment of playing CoH.

I hear there is a fix on test, is there a way to "Hotfix" this specific issue asap while waiting for the other detailed testing to come as an official patch later as planned?

"I don't believe in the no win scenario." -James T. Kirk

8 minutes ago, EverStryke said:

It's really frustrating watching mobs run a and has decreased the enjoyment of playing CoH.

I hear there is a fix on test, is there a way to "Hotfix" this specific issue asap while waiting for the other detailed testing to come as an official patch later as planned?

I feel you. Perhaps play a not brute for a week or two? Controllers are fun! We'll get there, they're working on it 😁

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, EverStryke said:

If you want to speed things along, perhaps take a trip over to Pineapple where the fix is being tested, and help them figure out if what they've done, actually resolves the issue.  Folks familiar with the problem are the best qualified to test the solutions, and with that kind of participation, the next time they patch "Live", it will be a done deal!  Then we can move on to some NEW fun stuff!

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

I feel you. Perhaps play a not brute for a week or two? Controllers are fun! We'll get there, they're working on it 😁

Guess it's off to play something else while we wait... =(

"I don't believe in the no win scenario." -James T. Kirk