Slash Command for Teleport Prompt ?

Andreah

I was wondering how hard it would be to add a slash command to control the Teleport Prompt setting. This would allow us to /macro it and have easier control over it for different situations.

Recently, a number of people on the server I'm on have been using Incandescence for the Heal and Stun effect, and too bad for the rest of us if the teleport is annoying. Some of them can be reasoned with and are happy to accommodate; but others, well you know us players, we just love to disagree. ("No we don't!")

Many of us have had our prompts off, so we instantly auto-accept friendly teleports, because this is one very useful mechanic inside certain iTrials. But elsewhere it's very annoying. I would like to be able to rapidly toggle my prompt without going through the options screen each time, and a macro which fired the slash command would be very nice for that.

As a nice to have addition, a third state on the prompt option would be even better: being able to auto-refuse all teleports without seeing a prompt come up at all. (Although a system message that I just auto-refused a teleport would still be needed.) 

There is a way to control options like that with a slash command. According to Shenanigunner's CoX Tech Guide (page 79-80), there are a couple of ways to toggle that.

1. /option_set PromptTeleportFromTeammates <0/1>
  2. /option_toggle PromptTeleportFromTeammates

Presumably /option_set PromptTeleportFromTeammates 0 turns the prompt off, and /option_set PromptTeleportFromTeammates 1 turns the prompt on, but I haven't tested it for sure.

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure the /option_set commands were broken back in the September patch. At least, the binds I have that used the /option_set command have not worked since then. It might be worth trying with these though just in case.

I have TP set to ask before TP on every alt, but the incarnate version seems to teleport you whether you want it to or not. I've been in a few teams where people have complained about it, and it's annoying in a MSR if you are about to click the bomb and get whisked away. Like all incarnate abilities it can be really useful, but it's the one that can be far more irritating than the rest.

13 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

There is a way to control options like that with a slash command. According to Shenanigunner's CoX Tech Guide (page 79-80), there are a couple of ways to toggle that.

1. /option_set PromptTeleportFromTeammates <0/1>
  2. /option_toggle PromptTeleportFromTeammates

Presumably /option_set PromptTeleportFromTeammates 0 turns the prompt off, and /option_set PromptTeleportFromTeammates 1 turns the prompt on, but I haven't tested it for sure.

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure the /option_set commands were broken back in the September patch. At least, the binds I have that used the /option_set command have not worked since then. It might be worth trying with these though just in case.

I will test this -- if it works, this will be great. Otherwise, hopefully they will fix it.

Edit: I just tested both commands in-game and they work! Thank you!

Edited by Andreah
  • Like 1