War Mace/WP Brute or Scrapper?

ceto555

On 2/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, ceto555 said:

Awesome, thanks for the response.

Another option is mace/energy aura if you like that, its a scrapper though and I am gonna see what I can get with a brute.  I am working on something and not an expert but I am liking the results in mids.  Needs to be torn up and examined by experts as it has weak psi/negative defence but every thing else is 45% or higher (smash/lethal at 44.99 😁)

Rrecharge is insane.   WM/EA/Fire, with that fire AoE and mace cone/aoe attacks it looks like a monster with 195%rech easy fast heal and that wacky endurance drain that adds a piddle of def.

Also straight up copy to Axe 😝

And that dark power ancillary is swappable with the fire, a single click blows the defense through the roof and lasts 15 seconds with 23 cooldown.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 2/2/2020 at 11:12 AM, ninja surprise said:

Go Brute if you like spending a long time fighting everything.

Go Scrapper if you want to get stuff done and move on to the next task.

I'd go Scrapper because Scrappers are always at full damage. Just waltz up, crit, and 1-shot the badguys. Then you go to the next mission.

An over simplification. Scrappers don't control their crits like Stalkers do. Also, /WP is better on a Brute due to higher HP/Res cap. For me I would lean Brute.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

None of the above.  Tanker is the way to go with this combination.  Lots of inherent knockdown and stun or knockdown procs for everything else turns you into a real melee controller who keeps mobs on their fnords and unable to attack anyone. 

With the changes to Fury you'll be at an adequate level of buffage to have satisfactory DPS output, and you'll be on a class that may be called on to tank, so that's my second choice.   On a scrapper the limits of being on a set that's all smashing damage may cause annoyance in the forms of wild swings in effectiveness fighting different mob types.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 2/5/2020 at 8:25 AM, Without_Pause said:

An over simplification. Scrappers don't control their crits like Stalkers do. Also, /WP is better on a Brute due to higher HP/Res cap. For me I would lean Brute.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:07 PM, Heraclea said:

None of the above.  Tanker is the way to go with this combination.  Lots of inherent knockdown and stun or knockdown procs for everything else turns you into a real melee controller who keeps mobs on their fnords and unable to attack anyone. 

OP said fully solo though so no worries about being the team aggro magnet or protecting other people via attack mitigation.  

Stalker wasn't in the original question, so I'd still vote for Scrapper as the better solo option. Always at 100% damage, and crits always available. It depends on your playstyle, but when I'm solo I want to get missions done, not spend all of every mission trying to maintain fury.  Defeat the boss, click the glowie, move on.  If I get a wild hair then I'll defeat everything. Scrappers are great for that.

Although, having a taunt aura is really nice for keeping runners from running.

11 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

OP said fully solo though so no worries about being the team aggro magnet or protecting other people via attack mitigation.  

Stalker wasn't in the original question, so I'd still vote for Scrapper as the better solo option. Always at 100% damage, and crits always available. It depends on your playstyle, but when I'm solo I want to get missions done, not spend all of every mission trying to maintain fury.  Defeat the boss, click the glowie, move on.  If I get a wild hair then I'll defeat everything. Scrappers are great for that.

Although, having a taunt aura is really nice for keeping runners from running.

You implied a scrapper could crit by merely walking up to a target. Only a stalker can do that. I wasn't suggesting a stalker. I was clarifying what you said. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Shinobi-iri + Clobber + crit = potentially 1-shotting a +1 boss at your leisure as an opener. I'm on the scrapper side of this choice....war mace is amazing on a scrapper, Shatter/Crowd Control with the potential to deal double damage should not be taken lightly...you can (and will) lay out large groups in moments if you know how to aim either.

Edited by The Godchild

On 2/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Without_Pause said:

An over simplification. Scrappers don't control their crits like Stalkers do. 

Yes and No. Until I played a scrapper I thought this.

They can control there criticals  with ATO in the right powers and they crit a lot longer and more often than a stalkers.  

My suggestion is play a scrapper if you only play one character you might as well play a Bada$$. Wolves don't concern themselves with sheep concerns and the minions that run only die tired.

Embrace the Scrapperlock it will consume you, this is the way....

Edited by Ironscarlet

On 2/8/2020 at 10:28 AM, Ironscarlet said:

Yes and No. Until I played a scrapper I thought this.

They can control there criticals  with ATO in the right powers and they crit a lot longer and more often than a stalkers.  

My suggestion is play a scrapper if you only play one character you might as well play a Bada$$. Wolves don't concern themselves with sheep concerns and the minions that run only die tired.

Embrace the Scrapperlock it will consume you, this is the way....

Scrappers crit less often, not more often, than Stalkers under basically realistic conditions (which is good, because Stalker base damage is lower).  The math is really complicated, but long story short, a scrapper has a 16% base chance to crit better-than-minion-class PvE enemies (assuming Superior Scrapper Strikes ATO), and it would take extraordinary abuse of the PPM mechanic and a textbook perfect attack chain to get the uptime of their other proc to be more than one attack in four, so 16% normally plus 50% one time in four.

A stalker has 10% base, plus every fourth attack can be an auto-crit AS, plus the PPM of the "go into hide" ATO is twice what the PPM of the Scrapper "get 50% crit rate" proc is, so if we imagine that Scrappers can get to one attack every four uptime of their proc, stalkers should be able to get one-attack-every-four of auto-crit-from-hide, and that totally swamps the lower base rate.  That's without imagining a team, in which case a stalker can get 30% crit rate totally ignoring their actual crit mechanics.