A big list of low priority bugs

Night

Toy Batting!

The April Fools temporary power, Toy Bat, deals actual damage to player pets, which allows anyone to kill your pets, albeit extremely slowly, dealing around 5-75 damage per hit, but it does oneshot the little prestige pets that have 11 health. Or seriously damage a lvl 1 mastermind pet.

1860335354_ToyBatsmashed.jpg.43b19a360847573ac0058db7699c3167.jpg

Edited by Night
  • Haha 4

The quantum states of Vendor 73-223

A bizarre map bug seemingly specific to the Neutropolis vendor, a clockwork called Vendor 73-223 whose goal in existence seems to be staring at a wall. Its map vendor icon seems to disappear when you get close to the Lambda Sector facility, although not always. And it comes back when you move from the facility, again, not always. I tried to find the spot where the icon disappears from the map but testing was inconclusive

2123010522_distancesfromstore.jpg.1af48bdf8765ce6bf8921bd5b396d405.jpg

Further, when the icon was missing and I didn't follow the road, the icon remained missing even when face-to-shoulder with the vendor

2034971210_atvendormissing.jpg.ee2a72566cba800405f6ea999812a4aa.jpg

...and then it reappeared again when leaving the area via the bridge and remained there upon checking in again

1456106663_atvendorpresent.jpg.103c82f3716f1a92b366ee94dc364d51.jpg

• Haha 1

The one-handed rifle

When drawing a Rifle of any kind, sharing its model, be it the power set (Assault Rifle/Beam Rifle) or a temp power, the character holds it like you just pulled out a sword or a mace instead of a rifle. The animation for drawing and properly holding the rifle are there, it used to work way back, but has been bugged for ages.

Making a splash!

When falling into water from some height, your character immediately goes into the idle 'floating in water' animation loop instead of briefly submerging underwater and floating right back up. Again, this used to be the case and the animation is there somewhere but hasn't been playing correctly in ages.

Edited by Night

THIS IS A QUIET ROOM! REMAIN QUIET!

The power suppression rooms in AE. The rooms which were made so people could go there and create arcs and whatnot without being interrupted by random powers, even advertised as having power suppression active, don't. The power suppression field is missing and sadly so is the purpose of those cool, quiet and well-decorated cosy rooms.

Edit: After a good point made below and checking all the AEs, the only ones this seems to be an issue in are the Kings Row and Brickstown AE buildings.

318529188_quietroom.jpg.0cbbf058fe9566c6348770d58f3cf240.jpg

Edited by Night

It's not missing in all of them though.  I know it's definitely missing in Kings for instance.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Orphaned warehouse worker

This, uhh, creepy thing I've not seen until now in Night Ward, seems to have the description of...I wanna say a Scrapyarder but the wiki text doesn't match. Seems mismatched to what it's meant to be on either way.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/578592196153049090/834116424892678144/unknown.png

• 2 weeks later

Streetlight Maintenance

There seems to be an issue with there existing two similar models for streetlights used throughout the zones, one of them missing the shade/lampholder part. It's present on the lighter model visible in zones like Steel Canyon, while missing from the darker model like in Independence Port, St. Martial, even Neutropolis. Skyway City uses both models and you can find both in close proximity of the Faultline entrance, the light streetlights (on highway parts) having the lampholders, and dark streetlamps (everywhere else) missing them in the same zone. Funnily, at night, the streetlamps without any lamps in them still light up as they should, even if it radiates from no lamp.

I hope it's an issue with the model itself that would be easily fixed, but if it would require replacing in every single instance of the dark streetlight, it should be forgotten about.

image.png.4eee2fb8139d527d1e2e68459d3accb4.pngimage.png.945b9adc0a6a53b8f173f1c3bce569d2.png

Skyway City:

image.png.42a7c8ec126dce7fb4993860771a45b6.pngimage.png.21378838afa8c1c1faa2af6b2bd492dd.png

Edited by Night

Hey, whose turrets are these?

In Nerva Archipelago, Agincourt, in the Longbow base, there is an area where Longbow keep Devouring Earth specimens, where the Blind Eye exploration badge is located. Along the wall outside that little lab, there usually spawn two wall-mounted turrets. Those turrets are somehow tagged as hostile to Longbow and will attack and be attacked by the troops stood by them. Curiously, it's not an issue of conflicting factions (Turrets and Longbow) because the big turrets outdoors are non-hostile to the Longbow patrols.

image.thumb.png.da652e7fc327fcd03238ac3f2ecda78f.png

Non-hostile turrets, also in Agincourt

image.png.07510fb6ca88a265f9c55795ab39f48c.png

Curiously, in the same lab, a Crey representative can spawn talking with an NPC, and they too are hostile to the Longbow whose lab they are in should the two run into each other.

image.png.0d79461bd66a354d3c8dd332a5d69eb6.png

• 1 year later

New one:

When flying and having Prestige Power Slide toggled on, upon flying forward, the animation that plays is the one as if you were launching yourself off of the ground instead of the animation as if normally flying forward in air from a standstill.

image.png.ce1c7c27963f6b48828665fb2c3e2577.png

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later
  • 5 months later

Can I report an NPC for chat spam?

A curious case of Ghost of Scrapyard getting stuck(?) on the ramp in Hell Forge roughly at [1289.4 67.7 19.1], where I started beating up his nearby followers for the badge and he just wouldn't stop spamming his lines for a good few minutes. He stopped after he aggroed and moved away from the spot, but it was uncanny to have him shout his lines at the pace of a minigun.

image.thumb.png.5e40be5695304ebf3e5d9fc90e8671b6.png

image.png.ae192851d2014c2f3f2b5e3c2280e66b.png

Edited by Night

• 3 weeks later

Light as a feather!

A bug that's been around for a very long time. When you draw a rifle (particularly the Assault Rifle and temp powers which use its rig), your character is put into an awkward pose of holding the big rifle to their side in one hand. The proper animation used to be that the character drew the rifle and held it in both hands, in the same animation that you go into when drawing the weapon and just moving a little, the idle two-handed gun-holding animation.

• 3 months later
  • 2 weeks later

This sign can't stop me because I can't read!

Despite what the popup when trying to control more than one cataphract says, you can control two at a time. It's a secret Longbow doesn't want you to know! So when you take control of a cataphract, the game locks you into it and even logging out and in doesn't remove it from you (although alting to another character and logging back does remove it, so you can still farm the badges for taking control of them that way. Still slower than when the zone was first released on live where you could just dismiss the Heavy). But what seems to happen upon logging out is that if you make enough distance between yourself and your active cataphract, it disappears from your pet window and that allows you to pick up a second and control both. And while zone PvP is dead these days so this bug hurts nobody, it can help you going after the three ridiculously grindy pillbox badges with double the firepower. As a bonus, should either of your cataphracts die, you can go and get a new one from the same station once its model despawns. Happy Farming.

image.thumb.png.5a9ff45e5a7e4d78f438549570b6ce81.png

A moment to rela-time's up!

While in Recluse's Victory, the zone resets with ~25 seconds to go on the countdown timer, effectively making the break between zone-war that much shorter. Sometimes...sometimes the timer counts down to 0 and then starts counting up again before the zone resets. It's odd.

Edited by Night

• 7 months later

More minor bugs! This one a bit bigger since it messes with the design of a practice dummy.

The Vanguard MDC from the Mobile Dummy Combatant accolade power inherits your resistance bonus from the Expedient Reinforcement pet damage resistance IO. The resistance affecting pets is not a bug, it is working as intended, but the practice dummy specifically being affected by team buffs doesn't seem like it's working as intended as it also gets affected by defense buffs from things like Maneuvers or the Call to Arms IO proc.

image.png.0ff01ea4f3929b0117d9e64f484decff.png

While the IO works as it should by creating an aura around you and thus goes away if you move away from the dummy, the goal of the dummy is to represent an RWZ Rikti Pylon for testing purposes and while I have no issue with it, additional damage resistance and defense from the dummy's owner/team buffs could mess with people's damage calculations.

image.png.39df553e6f8c17be8595d190938beffc.png

Edited by Night

• 3 weeks later

No time for doors!

Using Team Transporter on the final mission of Positron TF Part 1, the mission "Save Atlas Park!" instead of not working or placing you right in front of a tram door to be taken into the mission, when accepting the use of TT you load right into the mission itself. It's handy and also curious as it's the only instance of this happening that I know of, perhaps the same happens when using TT for any "Board Train" mission.

8 minutes ago, Night said:

No time for doors!

Using Team Transporter on the final mission of Positron TF Part 1, the mission "Save Atlas Park!" instead of not working or placing you right in front of a tram door to be taken into the mission, when accepting the use of TT you load right into the mission itself. It's handy and also curious as it's the only instance of this happening that I know of, perhaps the same happens when using TT for any "Board Train" mission.

Yes.  TT can be used for any tram mission, including the Dr. Kahn TF.  It will also work for the Market Crash Trial, but everyone on the team has to be the same alignment range for it to work in a co-op zone,

Edited by Lunar Ronin

I find TT to be a little inconsistent with train missions even when solo, though I did use it to do some of the Primal missions with a Praetorian.

That being the case, I like doing the last Posi 1 mission from Ouro because it's a quick hop from the hospital