Thugs Mastermind re-summoning henchmen

CapnFreedom

I ran a Ms. Liberty TF on my Thugs/Time MM. Henchmen die; it happens. But when I was re-summoning them to refilll their ranks back up and I was in combat, the pets would not reappear in my detailed pet tray. Sometimes they would summon, and other times no new henchmen would repopulate and the power would just finish casting with no effect.

Another bug was that I could completely dismiss all pets, run into an elevator, and attempt to resummon all my pets and nothing again would appear. Then several seconds later, my older henchmen would come through the elevator.. AND be clickable by me to command/dismiss... but I had a completely empty pets control/status window. When I manually clicked on each actual pet and dismissed them via that pet's drop down, they would skedaddle. Then and only then, was I able to completely recast all my pets.

BURNOUT -> DOUBLE GANG WAR + DOUBLE THUGS!!!!

Nope not really.

Ive had this issue repeatedly with my Thugs and Bots.  I’ve tended to see it replicated more often if I’m using my insta-base transporter macro to zone between missions.  At some point after my henchman just start disappearing, one or more won’t show up in pet tray but I can’t dismiss/resummon them either.  I end up having to use the base macro to go back to SG base and in almost every case....there’s my AWOL henchman.  Dismiss all, go out of SG base and resummon and all is well again until I use the base macro with henchman out again.

Also happens with the RWZ “zone teleporter” behind Lev that gets you from Vanguard base out into RWZ proper.   I’ve also had it happen if I use the zone based SG base portals like the one outside the Talos train station.

I think its related to those Teleporters.  Scotty is drinking again.

Edited by Crysis

It mostly happens to me while using elevators in lab missions.  One to three Thug pets would get stuck at the lab elevator, and just constantly run circles around it.  I dismiss the pet, and it disappears from my pet command window, but it still remains running circles around the lab elevator.  I have to dismiss the pet a second time for it to finally go away.

I've run into similar situations with doors -- one example from just yesterday where my Dem/Nat MM dismissed her pets and immediately clicked on the door into City Hall in Atlas. I got the transition blackout, appeared inside City Hall with an empty pet window... and then had my pets follow me in through the door. If I wait for the dismissal animation to complete for all the pets, it doesn't happen, but it appears that the code that the devs worked out to make your pets zone or go through elevators sees that you're zoning, sees that you have active pets (even though they're in the process of being dismissed) and zones the pets to follow you, while the pet window clears out because it's driven by your dismissal prior to zoning.

I remember back on live the devs posting progress with getting pets to zone with you, and describing how the easy part was getting them to follow you, but that they were getting disconnected from their summoner while zoning, so they'd be hostile and attack the summoner when they zoned in. So it stands to reason that the code to make pets follow you through doors et al. doesn't connect properly to the pet state controlled by the summon/dismissal status, given the state of the server code.

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

It mostly happens to me while using elevators in lab missions.  One to three Thug pets would get stuck at the lab elevator, and just constantly run circles around it.  I dismiss the pet, and it disappears from my pet command window, but it still remains running circles around the lab elevator.  I have to dismiss the pet a second time for it to finally go away.

I've had that, too.  They really hate the lab map elevators.  Sometimes going up and down the elevator a few times will shift them, other times more or different bots get stuck.  Oddly, most times I've been able to fix it by moving on to the next mobs and give the bots a group order to attack a target, at which point the the missing bots will suddenly unstick and come steaming down the corridor behind me to join in.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!