Merit Vendor trade reward to empyrean

DrRocket

This may be just an odd QoL request of sorts, I tend to have a thing for symmetry, so please forgive...

I noted that I could trade empyrean merits into reward merits, but not the other way around, I suspect there might be a reason, but it would be nice if you could go back and forth.

Thank you

• Thumbs Down 1

I think the idea with Emps is that there remains something you just have to work for by doing actual Incarnate content or via Vet levels.

Further, if you’re not running explicitly Incarnate content to jump ahead a bit the Vet level rewards and Incarnate XP slot unlocks work together to essentially add some extra levels to your progression... Vet level 1 gets your Alpha and a T1 for it. Vet2 gets you a T2 for it. During Vet2 you’ll unock Interface and Judgement and be able to slot t1s for them. Once you get your first Emp reward from Vet levels you can slot a T3 alpha for the level shift. Etc.

Yes, there’s a relatively easy mission chain that can get you two per run that can speed this up a bit, but at 8 per rare and 30? per very rare that’s still 6-7 hours of grinding the same four missions to get one tier 4 power (not counting Vet levels). Maybe it’s worth grinding four times to get your t3 alpha early (or run a couple more of the Dark Astoria arcs so you get the Emps without having to repeat the same content), but 19 more times for the t4? PASS.

Now imagine if you could convert reward merits into Emps. What sort of ratio would you need to keep someone from just banking their merits from 1-50 and then slot up to at least t3s in everything at once (converting for the threads and Incarnate XP)?

I guess I’m at least sympathetic enough to the “give us something to work for” crowd to let them keep Incarnate progress as something they can show off for their efforts (versus trying to make it a grind for costume parts or base items).

ETA: in terms of symmetry, I view it like diamonds. Once you break it down you can’t just take the shards and fuse them back together and get the same diamond back. Likewise, once you’ve turned your reward merits into something, you can’t just convert them back into reward merits (I think there’s a grossly inefficient 1mill inf per merit option, but that’s about it).

The other main symmetry items (hero/villain merits to reward merits and Emps to the even larger version) exist to make emailing them between alts easier due to limitations of the email system and it’s worth noting that you can’t actually buy anything with those types of merits (all the hero merit items from live are now bought with reward merits for example).

Edited by Chris24601

Good points, the ratio is already established since you can convert empyrians to reward merits, I only suggest to make it reversable.

trying to get the tier 4 salvage by lock of the draw is simply insane, so II was looking for another method to allow getting there less fastidiously.

Take care

2 hours ago, DrRocket said:

Good points, the ratio is already established since you can convert empyrians to reward merits, I only suggest to make it reversable.

trying to get the tier 4 salvage by lock of the draw is simply insane, so II was looking for another method to allow getting there less fastidiously.

Take care

No luck of the draw required.  Just play normally, no incarnate content required, and by vet level 51 you can have all 6 incarnates up to T4. 

Edit: I do think itd be nice to be able to reverse the process of empy to reward merits but it might be too simple then and people already complain the game is too easy.

Edited by EmmySky

• 1 year later