Get rid of ALL Agro caps

QuiJon

On 2/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, MunkiLord said:

No need to fight, you're both beautiful people!

Oh my lord, I am embarrassed to say that I JUST NOW caught the pun, LOL. Good one, Munkilord! And your timing was absolutely relative to the size of your steeple! (Lame, I know, but come on, I tried.)

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:20 PM, Sailboat said:

Yes it was, consistently.  The forums and global chat included a lot of people making fun of Defenders and Controllers as useless.  Across all servers.  Regular content.  Also, the unlimited aggro cap kind of made all content into farming.

Thats not the game that I remember. Maybe I was just better at picking teams.

6 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Thats not the game that I remember. Maybe I was just better at picking teams.

Same here. I remember it being only specific types of players herding. More often than not, those players would even ask the team if they are okay with it before doing so. I really don't recall it being anywhere near as exaggerated as some people are saying it was.

Edited by Solarverse

I don't ever recall entire map herding being something I ever had to put in effort to avoid. I'd run across it, sure. But never to the point I considered it a nuisance. I do however recall Tanks telling a team to sit and wait while they gathered being a very common thing, to the point I completely stopped actively recruiting Tanks. I wouldn't turn them away, but even when doing something like an STF(back when it was widely considered challenging), I didn't look for one. At this point in the game I don't look for specific ATs or powersets at all, I invite in order I see the messages. But if I'm filling a final spot on a team and I see a Tank and any other AT looking at the same time in a chat channel, I'll still send the invite to the other AT first. Without exception. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I don't ever recall entire map herding being something I ever had to put in effort to avoid. I'd run across it, sure. But never to the point I considered it a nuisance. I do however recall Tanks telling a team to sit and wait while they gathered being a very common thing, to the point I completely stopped actively recruiting Tanks. I wouldn't turn them away, but even when doing something like an STF(back when it was widely considered challenging), I didn't look for one. At this point in the game I don't look for specific ATs or powersets at all, I invite in order I see the messages. But if I'm filling a final spot on a team and I see a Tank and any other AT looking at the same time in a chat channel, I'll still send the invite to the other AT first. Without exception. 

Although I wouldn't care if the tank or other person gets the invite, (whoever is faster on messaging me gets it regardless of AT) I too distinctly remember tanks telling the team to "wait while I gather". Less so by the time of Incarnates, but it was definitely a thing. Even in the IO years before incarnates.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Although I wouldn't care if the tank or other person gets the invite, (whoever is faster on messaging me gets it regardless of AT) I too distinctly remember tanks telling the team to "wait while I gather". Less so by the time of Incarnates, but it was definitely a thing. Even in the IO years before incarnates.

Before the difficulty slider changes to allow +4/x8 - and for a while afterwards before people got used to it - you would often find tanks (both Brutes and Tankers) in smaller teams gather up two or three spawns together to get more use out of the AoEs. When people realized you could set to x8 and all you had to do was collapse one spawn into an AoE-sized-group that became a lot less common.

• Like 1

I remember tanks saying wait here and the rest of the team ignoring that and working as a team to defeat the room/map.  

My ex-husband was terrible at reading the chat and at typing in chat so I always acted as interpreter.  Usually I would notice his blaster halfway into the room behind the tank and I would say "oh hey but tank said...screw it" then type to the team that we were going in.  If you dont like herding...my advice is hire a blaster who doesnt read chat 😝

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I remember tanks saying wait here and the rest of the team ignoring that and working as a team to defeat the room/map.  

My ex-husband was terrible at reading the chat and at typing in chat so I always acted as interpreter.  Usually I would notice his blaster halfway into the room behind the tank and I would say "oh hey but tank said...screw it" then type to the team that we were going in.  If you dont like herding...my advice is hire a blaster who doesnt read chat 😝

LMAO!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 2/17/2020 at 10:56 PM, golstat2003 said:

sometimes you want to pull part of a room, or a specific area. tanks are good for this. If I see you starting a STF without agro management, I figure you plan on wiping a lot. or you just dont care if your squishies die a lot.