Best way to get merits solo

trogenion

I tried Freakshow Wars.  I  don't know how people would do it in under at least 1.5 hours.

- At least 4 maps with "kill all" and enemies that rez themselves and run oft

- 1 HUGE map with "find these 2 people" on it

Took me more like 2.5 hours.  I have gotten merits from collecting exploration badges, that seems like a quick and easy way to get many with some fast travel powers.   Also, giant monsters and event AVs often give a solid block of them

Right now, if you are 39+ you can solo the Dr. Q task force for double merits.  Regular payout is 166 merits; weekly bonus doubles that.  I am doing it on a fire/regen scrapper who has Afterburner.  You can do a little bit of it until you get bored - it is fiercely boring - and then swap to another character.  So long as you finish it by late Sunday evening you are golden.  There are no AVs, only EBs that turn into normal Bosses when soloing.  Hard part is tooling around FBZ looking for the right mobs for the tiresome open hunts.  A fair number of door missions, Rularuu, Crey, and Nemesis.  Rularuu and Nemesis can be tiresome because of perception.  

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Question, if you form a group and do an Ouroboros story arc, does everyone get the merits? I’ve thought about organising a ‘Frostfire TF’ at +3/8 just for fun, but would like everyone to get the merits.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

2 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

Question, if you form a group and do an Ouroboros story arc, does everyone get the merits? I’ve thought about organising a ‘Frostfire TF’ at +3/8 just for fun, but would like everyone to get the merits.

Yes, they do.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

The first Sig arc is the best I have found. Sure, you can only do it once a week (after doing it twice, back to back), but if you have a lot of alts (who doesnt?), it is a winner. Average about 6-8 mins, 20 merits. Even better for alts you dont play much, as a way to horde merits for other toons. I have 3 current 'sig arc' toons, and thats all they do. They dont even have any enhancements. ALl you need is SS (not even that really) and a tray with a few purps, a yellow, and lotsa reds.

• Like 1

The Heather Townsand DA arc that people use to farm incarnate drops is also good for reward merits/minute.  You can choose an emp merit as the reward and you get an emp merit for completing, so thats 2 emp merits that can be turned into 10 x 2 = 20 reward merits.  The arc takes around 10-15 minutes once you learn the possible locations for the objectives in missions 2 and 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I hope the OP who posted this last May got them by now.

But just to add to suggestions, hami raids.

Edit: Sorry hami is not solo, but it is a great way to make merits.

Edited by Crimsonpyre

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

On 5/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, brian9824 said:

It's 20, not 30. 

I have run these missions multiple times (about 10)on my blaster and I got 40 merits every single time. The last time was a couple weeks ago so unless they changed it since then it’s 40 merits. Just an FYI, You are able to do them all In AP. Saves a lot of running around because Atlas Park is a rather small zone. 

6 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

The first Sig arc is the best I have found. Sure, you can only do it once a week (after doing it twice, back to back), but if you have a lot of alts (who doesnt?), it is a winner. Average about 6-8 mins, 20 merits. Even better for alts you dont play much, as a way to horde merits for other toons. I have 3 current 'sig arc' toons, and thats all they do. They dont even have any enhancements. ALl you need is SS (not even that really) and a tray with a few purps, a yellow, and lotsa reds.

Seconded. It may take more than 8 minutes with lower DPS toons (and fewer red insps), but it can be run lickety split. The longest part of that SSA1 story for me is the end-of-final-mission cut scene. I have some fun at my own expense when I start the first mission and realize that I have left the difficulty turned way up... not the easiest mission for certain ATs at lower levels, such as Masterminds.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:58 AM, Adeon Hawkwood said:

Don't forget running morality missions. Running 10 alignment missions plus a morality mission will give you 30 merits. Assuming you just stealth the missions you can do that pretty quickly.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, brian9824 said:

It's 20, not 30. 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Jaguaratron said:

Signature arc missions = 20 merits per mission once per week (5 if you do again inside a week)

Just for the sake of clarification.  As noted, Signature Arcs (the "Who Will Die" series) are 20 Merits per week, or a lesser number (5?) if run more often than once a week successively.

Alignment Missions / Tips are zero merits for the Alignment missions themselves, but when you've amassed 10 of those, the Morality Mission is worth 40 merits. You can do these as often as you can get them (alignment missions are handed out randomly for killing mobs L20 & higher). You can have 3 normal alignment missions available at any one time.

...and iirc, there's also a thread around here somewhere about "farming merits" that covers many of the better Ouros missions, tfs and story arcs.

Also, killing a GM (Giant Monster - not Game Master -- I'm not sure what they're worth... 🙂 😄  nets you 6 merits each time.

There are also some merits awarded for collecting certain Location Badges as well.  I've not checked, but I imagine Paragonwiki probably has a list.

Regards,

Edited by FourSpeed

9 hours ago, Nafsmar said:

I have run these missions multiple times (about 10)on my blaster and I got 40 merits every single time. The last time was a couple weeks ago so unless they changed it since then it’s 40 merits. Just an FYI, You are able to do them all In AP. Saves a lot of running around because Atlas Park is a rather small zone. 

Yeah, the post you quoted was from almost a year ago, I seem to remember they were fiddling with the tip rewards back then before settling on the 40 it is now.

12 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

The Heather Townsand DA arc that people use to farm incarnate drops is also good for reward merits/minute.  You can choose an emp merit as the reward and you get an emp merit for completing, so thats 2 emp merits that can be turned into 10 x 2 = 20 reward merits.  The arc takes around 10-15 minutes once you learn the possible locations for the objectives in missions 2 and 3.

This is my personal favorite. With a good amount of luck it’s how I acquired ten T4 powers on my Dom. My best time is 9:15, but that’s at least thirty seconds faster than any other run of mine. 

Fastest way is to find an Ouro arc you can memorize the maps that contains hopefully few kill alls, patrols and hunts 

One with a good Merits/hour potential 

And a level that fits some sweet spot on your build 

However the Best way in my opinion is to just solo all those mission arcs out there, you learn a lot about COH's story and its fun to feel like your actually part of it.  

2 hours ago, FourSpeed said:

There are also some merits awarded for collecting certain Location Badges as well.  I've not checked, but I imagine Paragonwiki probably has a list.

You get 5 merits (and an accolade) for collecting each of the exploration badges in a zone that has a full complement of 8.  This includes hazard zones from the Hollows to the Hive.  There are no badges in Kallisti Wharf, not enough in Cimerora, Ouroboros, or Pocket D.  There are separate sets for Echo: Dark Astoria and current Dark Astoria; Sewers and Abandoned Sewers;  Echo: Rikti Crash Site and Rikti War Zone; Echo: Faultline and Faultline; and Echo: Galaxy City. 

The Vidiotmap hack is quite helpful for these.  Obviously these can be done only once per character. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

20 hours ago, FourSpeed said:

Just for the sake of clarification.  As noted, Signature Arcs (the "Who Will Die" series) are 20 Merits per week, or a lesser number (5?) if run more often than once a week successively.

And, for additional clarification, don't forget that you get one 'free' run of each chapter (per character).

This means you can do what I did - run all 12 chapters in one sitting for 20 merits each.  Then pick one and run that for 20 and THAT starts the one-week timer (for that character).

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

18 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Fastest way is to find an Ouro arc you can memorize the maps that contains hopefully few kill alls, patrols and hunts 

One with a good Merits/hour potential 

And a level that fits some sweet spot on your build 

However the Best way in my opinion is to just solo all those mission arcs out there, you learn a lot about COH's story and its fun to feel like your actually part of it.  

Unai's arc would be good for this. Lots of turn off/destroy scanners and scientist hunts.