Removable Transparency Concealment PLZ

3 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i like your buzzwords like "need and must" even though i never said them. Your exaggeration of me defending my opinion is fallacious at best. Please re-read my post and notice that

1. its unedited

2. i say ALMOST all toggles. I'm aware that tough and weave have no such visual indicator which is why its worded in that way.

3. I wasn't aware that you knew how much time and effort the homecoming team can afford to devote to aesthetics over game imbalances.

4. I said GENERALLY conceptually correct regarding invisible powers having transparency.

My earlier post is accurate and uses facts to support my opinion. I am aware there are characters that don't rely on optics to be unnoticed. Stealth performs and actual function that requires some visual cue to be effective for its purpose. Again i love stealth, i use stealth in all its glory. The transparency it imparts is minor and it requires no further change. Still a No from me

Ok, so this might help explain my perspective:

Minimal FX options - 

• Bio Armor
  • Dark Armor
  • Ice Armor
  • Invulnerability
  • Ninjutsu
  • Regeneration
  • Super Reflexes
  • Willpower
  • And several Epic sets

....All have minimalFX options.  I call particular attention to the first 2 in that list.

Division of Dev labor: Since you do not know this either, it is not a talking point.

---

From my computer chair, it seemed like your stance was shutting down options for others just because it's not what you would want for your characters, and then a bunch of attempts to move the goalpost (like invoking dev resources) to "win" the argument.  If it seems like I've been reactionary, this is why.

I understand you aren't a mustache-twirling villain, out to suppress the freedom fighters and do-gooders.  I generally tend to disagree with your opinion but I've also seen in threads that you mean well (not a troll) and are not malicious.  I have a healthy respect for people who I disagree with and i'm happy to extend that to you.  So, my apologies there.

13 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

Ok Riot, I cede up my position from flavor text. You made a convincing argument/response in regards to that position.

However, I still do not agree with your overall position on power customization to the degree that you're stating. I just played a toon of mine who has Stealth for the added DEF, and I could see him entirely, no problem! No straining of eyes. Heck, I barely knew he was even in Stealth. For powers like Invisibility, I do not believe this should be an option. If you're going to do that for invisibility, then you mind as well do it for Granite Armor or even Kheldian powers.

Good do that too then, it's off topic but that's a slippery slope I would gladly slide down, Granite Armor really needs it.

I'm glad to know that the visual effects of stealth and Invis don't bug you. In that case, Don't use the Min FX OPTION. Since for a lot of us it does bug us and we would like the OPTION to not have to deal with it.

Edited by Riot Siren

Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker                                               Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker        

11 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

But how would I know Hasten is on if my hands aren't glowing? How would I know I have demons if they aren't making annoying noises? You seem very protective of some hypothetical idiot that turned a "no fade" option on, has a negative play experience, and can't figure out how to turn it off lol. Thats what makes no sense. Were you opposed to letting people turn off the movement speed adjustment of speed boost?

Its a visual QOL adjustment, not mucking with stealth radius or anything. Stone Melee's adjustments would go in the power pass queue, and will likely happen when the other tanker sets are reviewed.  

Hello, Please allow me to reiterate my opinion once again although its odd i have to defend an opinion when we could simply agree to disagree. I will however attempt to explain differently in the hopes that even if you disagree, you understand my position.

I do code. One cannot just flip a switch and boom this power now has a supressfx when not in pvp option. For me to change my opinion the homecoming team would also have to add in a new visual cue to indicate when stealth is functioning such as [hide] "hidden" on the stalker AT. Both of these options require coding and time and testing. Stealth was very very very recently adjusted. I have spoken to a few members of the homecoming team and they have told me on more than 1 occasion that their time and manpower is extremely limited. That being said it is my opinion that said time and energy should be spent on something that hasn't been recently adjusted, nearly broken, and doesn't actually require further adjustment.

regarding your speed boost question. No i wasn't against it but this is because SB is not something a player has control of. Another player casts it on you with or without your permission. A player should not be made to suffer for someone else's choice. In this case taking stealth (and of transparency) is the players choice. Without a visual cue that stealth is functioning there is no way to know its working and cannot be used in the manner in which is was designed to be used effectively. Thereby rendering its function irrelevant. In which case it isn't necessary that a player even take it in the 1st place. Your speed boost analogy is a false equivalence fallacy.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

• 1 month later

Personally, I'd be fine with a "less invisible" stealth. I probably wouldn't use it, but I *would* want to be able to see that one of my teammates is "stealthy" (see also "Don't follow the stalker.")

That's pretty much the only balance I'd be concerned about with it (balance between "I want to see my costume" and "show I'm invisible/stealthy," that is.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.