A question regarding Burn and procs

General Idiot

So the Issue 26 Page 4 patch notes have this note:
"Burn for Brute and Tankers should also accept Taunt Sets (note that any proc on burn will not pass through to the patch.) "

Does anyone know offhand if that means all procs (Including all IO sets of any rarity as well as incarnate Interface procs) or if it's specifically referring to either the procs in taunt sets or the global taunt proc Tankers and Brutes have now? Because on my farming brute I always had the Fury of the Gladiator -res proc in Burn and now I'm wondering if that was doing nothing this whole time.

Also related question, if Burn indeed doesn't get any procs whatsoever, do other ground patch powers like Irradiated Ground, Sleet or Rain of Fire behave the same way and not get procs at all or is that unique to Burn?

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

It only applies to taunt sets. Burn is sort of doing 2 things at once. It cast its power which gives resistance to immobilize and executes its inherent taunt, but it also summons a pseudopet that does not taunt. So that pet does no accept any taunt enhancements, thus does not take any taunt procs.

This is similar to a discovery we had with oil slick. Oil slick can be slotted with damage IOs, however the initial oil slick does no damage and does not take those damage enhancements. So if you cast oil slick by itself, none of the damage procs would fire. It's not until you ignite the oil slick, which summons a new pseudopet that does take those damage enhancements. The 2and pseudopet will proc the damage IOs.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn