Report: Couldn't enter the mission/TF door here!

GM Miss

• 3 months later
On 2/20/2020 at 9:34 PM, Zed said:

Hi there,

Does this count ?

Seer Marino's arc, "Steal research from Legacy chain" (through ouro), same door as previous mission (inside the arachnos-controlled building) - marker tells you it's 10 feet away, click the door, back on Mercy's streets. Good. Now what. Oh heh, the marker is now behind you, telling you to get back inside from where you were. By some sorcery that even the Mu can't understand it tells you again you have to go out of the building, and that could have lasted for a good while.

Used the Mission Transporter and it brought me to a totally different door, next to Dr. Creed. And it seems the marker has realigned and shows the correct door this time.

Had same issue with same results using mission transporter. 

Edited by NECR0

Using the Mission Teleporter power to this door location: [108.3 51.9 1468.4] in Cimerora will teleport players into the ground, preventing the use of /stuck and they will be unable to enter the mission. Had a few people get stuck during the second mission in ITF when someone used a Mission Teleporter to that location.

screenshot_211129-20-06-07.jpg

screenshot_211129-20-06-21.jpg

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

• 3 weeks later

This bug sounds like it belongs here, maybe

Was trying to do some of the undercover work for the Loyalists and ran into a bug. During the mission, Misinformation Part Four: Face to Face, I'm supposed to have the option to contact Provost Marchand for additional objectives but the flag for this seems to be missing because he only gives generic dialog when called and when met in person. I've already tried resetting the mission quite a few times

Edited by Gruntius

2 hours ago, Gruntius said:

This bug sounds like it belongs here, maybe

Was trying to do some of the undercover work for the Loyalists and ran into a bug. During the mission, Misinformation Part Four: Face to Face, I'm supposed to have the option to contact Provost Marchand for additional objectives but the flag for this seems to be missing because he only gives generic dialog when called and when met in person. I've already tried resetting the mission quite a few times

Just to check, was your first-ever alignment choice Loyalist? (Back in the tutorial or when you started the character)

Edited by Nerva
Clarification

On 12/21/2021 at 6:54 PM, Gruntius said:

Yes, I made the character a Loyalist. Was that wrong? I found the undercover stuff kinda confusing

Hrm, then that shouldn't be a problem.  You should be able to contact Marchand there.

I recall on Live - the last time I ever played Praetorian - that your first alignment choice matters, and all alignment choices in Praetoria afterward are secondary,  If you didn't start as a resistance member, you can't do undercover work with Calvin Scott, and if you didn't start as a Loyalist, you can't do undercover work for Provost Marchand.

But that's not the case here - you're initially a Loyalist, trying to do undercover work with Marchand, so it should be working.

8 hours ago, Corlagon said:

Did you actually play Precinct Five? There was a bug where skipping it (which wasn't originally possible) would leave you unable to do undercover work for either side, I don't remember whether they fixed it.

No I didn’t, I had to remake the character because I originally thought you had to make them resistance to work undercover for the loyalists. I skipped the tutorial the second time. Next time I’m at my computer I’ll remake the toon again and play through the tutorial this time. I’ll update with results in a little while

1 hour ago, Gruntius said:

No I didn’t, I had to remake the character because I originally thought you had to make them resistance to work undercover for the loyalists. I skipped the tutorial the second time. Next time I’m at my computer I’ll remake the toon again and play through the tutorial this time. I’ll update with results in a little while

Yeah.  Sadly, that’s the issue.  If you want to do undercover stuff, you HAVE to play the Precinct Five tutorial.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
On 2/20/2020 at 8:34 PM, Zed said:

Hi there,

Does this count ?

Seer Marino's arc, "Steal research from Legacy chain" (through ouro), same door as previous mission (inside the arachnos-controlled building) - marker tells you it's 10 feet away, click the door, back on Mercy's streets. Good. Now what. Oh heh, the marker is now behind you, telling you to get back inside from where you were. By some sorcery that even the Mu can't understand it tells you again you have to go out of the building, and that could have lasted for a good while.

Used the Mission Transporter and it brought me to a totally different door, next to Dr. Creed. And it seems the marker has realigned and shows the correct door this time.

I am getting this same issue, same quest.  My last mission was inside the Arachnos building.  Called Contact, Seer Marino in Mercy Island.  Got next chain, "Steal research from Legacy Chain".  Got the red marker on the map.  Inside building, it told me of course to go outside.  But when outside, told me to turn right back around and go back inside.  Went to the red marker and was able to get in.

image.png.db13eb0673dd83392d0de793187623ef.png

I've been doing Seer Marino's arc with every new toon I cough up. It's one of my favourite arcs. And yes, every single time, the 3rd mission would always point the wrong way. It varies: sometimes there would be no marker, sometimes there would be one somewhere on the map, yet the pin would still point to the office door (2nd mission). I usually remedy this by doing another mission, preferably in a different zone. And when i come back to Mercy, the erring map pointer would rectify itself.

Edit: I think I may have found a solution to Seer Marino's 3rd mission. After the second mission, exit the Arachnos office BEFORE you call Marino for the next mission. This solution has worked for me several times now.

However, just these past few days, most of my St. Martial contacts (Sonata, Jezebel, Hard Luck, Croupier) would have missions that would point to the Kill Longbow + Rob Family event. Exiting zone or the game doesn't help. I had to abandon mission then talk to the contact again to get the proper mission door map marker. This has never happened with any of my previous (50+) toons.

Edited by Six-Six

• 6 months later
On 7/10/2020 at 12:15 AM, Oginth said:

Waypoints and actual exit don't match, unable to complete them:

Used auto-complete to get around the first time, but the direct immediate mission has the same issue as well.

I've gotten around these (particularly in Mercy) by navigating to the location indicated on the map itself, and clicking the door there. Has worked every time, for me, once I found the correct door.

• 2 weeks later

Not an external mission entry, but an in-mission door/teleport issue (I don't know how closely this might be related to the requested bug).

In the Vincent Ross (Sharkhead Island) mission "Learn the Source of True Power", at the stage "Enter the Blood Coral Crystal", the blood crystal "door" is frequently not functionally active. I get the "hand" cursor when mousing over the correct region of the crystal, but clicking it does nothing. It's started happening enough that even resetting the mission is often fruitless.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/16/2022 at 10:27 PM, Blood Speaker said:

Not an external mission entry, but an in-mission door/teleport issue (I don't know how closely this might be related to the requested bug).

In the Vincent Ross (Sharkhead Island) mission "Learn the Source of True Power", at the stage "Enter the Blood Coral Crystal", the blood crystal "door" is frequently not functionally active. I get the "hand" cursor when mousing over the correct region of the crystal, but clicking it does nothing. It's started happening enough that even resetting the mission is often fruitless.

Happening to me right now.  I've reset the mission 8 times.  Guess I will quit this arc and come back to it later

• 6 months later
  • 2 months later
On 10/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, Blood Speaker said:

This is STILL a problem. Ever going to get addressed, or is this just a "perma-skip" mission, going forward?

Edited by Blood Speaker

• 2 months later
On 8/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, Blood Speaker said:

This is STILL a problem. Ever going to get addressed, or is this just a "perma-skip" mission, going forward?

This is still broken. Bordering on "no one cares enough to fix things, so it's time to permanently leave."

Edited by Blood Speaker

• 2 months later
On 2/20/2020 at 9:34 PM, Zed said:

Hi there,

Does this count ?

This is still a problem. I tried this arc as a flashback twice last night and both times had to abandon the flashback because there was no way to enter the mission. I tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't solve it.

• 3 weeks later
On 4/28/2020 at 3:34 PM, Floride said:

If you can't find the mission door in St Martial because the map marker is pointing to a spot below the city, here is why, and how to get around it.

WHY:

City Hall, Midnighter Clubs, Hospitals, Universities, Arachnos Buildings, the Crey building, The Giza, Portal Corp, etc... all have doors to enter them. But the interiors of these buildings are not actually on the other sides of their  respective doors. The interiors are separate entities built FAR BELOW the city maps. So the doors to the buildings act more like portals than doors and warp you to these interiors.

Some building interiors have mission doors in them. When this is the case, the game first points you to the building door. The building door warps you to the interior far below the map. Then the game points you to the mission door within the interior.

In St Martial the zone event blocks the building door map marker and instead skips to showing you the mission door map marker inside the building's interior.

HOW TO GET AROUND IT:

From the southeast corner of AE in St Martial, head east until you find these stone gargoyles on a bridge. Find this gargoyle and you will find this elevator on top of a neighboring building. That's the building! From the gargoyle you can jump across and use the elevator to enter the building's interior far below the map which contains your mission door. If you miss the jump to the elevator and fall to the ground below, you will fall very close by the building's proper entry doors which you can also use.

vWo6UBV.jpg

I'm just recently visiting Redside for the first time since Live and was coming to report 2 instances this happened.  Guess it's been a known issue for 3.5+ years now.  Don't have these problems Blueside.  Problems like this don't help Redside's playability much.

• 4 weeks later
On 2/25/2024 at 6:47 AM, mohanimus said:

Just in case anyone finds this thread looking for a solution to the blood  coral crystal, it can be entered from the rear.... 

Seriously though, I had this problem yesterday and GM_Justice helped me out with it. The 'hand' appears at many places on the Blood Crystal, but the only allowed entry point is right at the pointy tip of it. I didn't check from the rear 🙂

• 2 weeks later
On 2/24/2024 at 10:47 PM, mohanimus said:

Just in case anyone finds this thread looking for a solution to the blood  coral crystal, it can be entered from the rear.... 

On 3/19/2024 at 1:59 AM, MothTwiceborn said:

Seriously though, I had this problem yesterday and GM_Justice helped me out with it. The 'hand' appears at many places on the Blood Crystal, but the only allowed entry point is right at the pointy tip of it. I didn't check from the rear 🙂

Excellent. Stupid issue still needs to be fixed. A workaround doesn't qualify, as handy as it may be.

Really weird bug. I got the mission to rescue the Rikti general from Dark Watcher through Ouroboros. Got to the mission door, clicked it, then the screen went black as I got to continue listening to the Vanguard FOB defenses blazing away in the RWZ. After a few minutes, the screen finally comes back, my character is inside the building at the FOB in the RWZ, but not in the mission, not able to move, and clicking the door just gives me the busy icon for a while before going back to the click the door icon. (Edit: And apparently I can't log off the character.... Forcing game to close to see if that fixes it.)

Edit again: Game crashed itself out before I could force close it. That fixed it,

Edited by Rudra