Open Beta FAQ - Read This to Get Started!

Jimmy

13 minutes ago, biostem said:

I downloaded the Beta files, created a character there, was able to create a new character using the storm blast set, but the freebies menu isn't present for me, even though others in the help channel can confirm it is there for me.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Did you click the bubble on the bottom right corner of the chat box, where you normally go to set difficulty settings? The freebies should be in there. 

w9AhLOa.png

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

4 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Did you click the bubble on the bottom right corner of the chat box

Yes I did, and it's not there.  The bottommost item is "Set Alignment - Pocket D", even though I'm in AP ATM...

Edited by biostem

5 minutes ago, biostem said:

Yes I did, and it's not there.  The bottommost item is "Set Alignment - Pocket D", even though I'm in AP ATM...

I've just logged into Brainstorm to check and the Freebies Menu is there, both off of the Chat Bubble in the UI and via my keybind to ']'.  I don't know why it would be missing in your UI.

Try binding it to your ']' key with this command.

/bind ] popmenu freebiesmenu

Then hover your mouse to the upper left of the screen and press ']' and it should pop up.

If that doesn't work, there's something borked about your install.

• Jimmy changed the title to Open Beta FAQ - Read This to Get Started!
  • 3 weeks later
5 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Would it be possible to add a 'TP to contact' QA power marco added to the freebies popmenu?

I am not aware that there is a slash command to do that, but if there is please let me know and I will be happy to add it. Or, if the devs add a command to do that I'll put it in the popmenu.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I am not aware that there is a slash command to do that, but if there is please let me know and I will be happy to add it. Or, if the devs add a command to do that I'll put it in the popmenu.

Right, the popmenus are yours, I was thinking it'd be handy for the Devs to add/make available the command for players.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 minutes ago, lemming said:

Reminds me, I noticed the QA burnout  function isn't working, but haven't looked into the why

If you mean that the macro from the freebies menu doesn't do anything, you have to buy the actual power from a P2W/merit/costume vendor. Unfortunately I can't grant the powers right from the popmenu. The macros in the popmenu just give you icons to differentiate the powers, since the ones from the vendor all have the same icon. I added a little bit of text to the next iteration of the freebies menu to make that a bit clearer. Hopefully that new version will go live with the next patch.

28 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

If you mean that the macro from the freebies menu doesn't do anything, you have to buy the actual power from a P2W/merit/costume vendor. Unfortunately I can't grant the powers right from the popmenu. The macros in the popmenu just give you icons to differentiate the powers, since the ones from the vendor all have the same icon. I added a little bit of text to the next iteration of the freebies menu to make that a bit clearer. Hopefully that new version will go live with the next patch.

Oh, it's bought from the p2w (or merit vendor), but it's not doing anything currently on the beta server.  (Or wasn't yesterday)

Odd.  Just bought it again from the merit vendor in Talos and it works on one char.

And just logged in a different char that I know it wasn't working on, and now it does.   So, nevermind.  Either I was doing something, or it got fixed.

I normally just use it to get mission TP up.

• Thumbs Up 1