What kinds of badges would you like to see added?

EmperorSteele

• 2 weeks later

I'd quite like "Master of..." badges for all TFs/ SFs (not trials).
One for "number of paper/radio missions" done - but make it real high. Like 100.

A different badge if we do old Posi! Give me a reason to try out the hell. 65 merits is great but I want people to see the badge and know.
More badges for completing contacts in cities, like the AP/ Mercy Island ones: PI/ GV/ Cap
Time spent in Eden, like The Hollows/ Shadow Shard ones.

My most annoying one would be:
I feel like it isn't a big enough deal when you've smacked an AV. They're meant to be big bads, the terrors, big means. I'd quite like a badge for each AV. CHAOS to get though cos we'd have to go back and arrest em all...

• Like 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

24 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

yeah - I have that... I mean EVERY AV should offer a badge. It’s been discussed in this thread before “The Butler did it” for Hopkins, for example, was one suggestion.

• Like 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

27 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

yeah - I have that... I mean EVERY AV should offer a badge. It’s been discussed in this thread before “The Butler did it” for Hopkins, for example, was one suggestion.

The great work to create that badge by the HC volunteers is an indication that that type of badge is feasible to code and implement. That was the point of linking that post. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

The great work to create that badge by the HC volunteers is an indication that that type of badge is feasible to code and implement. That was the point of linking that post. 

sorry boss, misunderstanding on my part 🙂

• 1 month later

Shadow Shard Badge Ideas

(also posted to another Shadow Shard Lore thread in the forum ... forgive my linking skills and please support if this sounds like fun!)

DEFEATS

Wisperer - Defeat 500 points of Rularuu Wisps (same system as Brutes and Sentries)

Occam's Mirror - Defeat 100 Shadow Shard Reflections (any type)

Ionized Madness - Defeat 100 Storm Elementals (any type)

GLADIATOR (Alternative to Accolade Pet idea below)

Rularuu Overseer - The Rularuu see your destructive power and grant the services of an Overseer Sentinel.  Watch your back!

• The gladiator would be awarded upon completion of the Accolade "Rularuu's Ravager" (or alternatively, completing all 4 SS TFs)

ACCOLADE

"Rularuu's Ravager" - Granted when all Shadow Shard badges are acquired (listed what I know below).  The "Accolade Power" itself is a Shadow Shard Reflection of the character (similar to Illusion Phantom Army) with a very long cooldown timer.  Something unique and fun to honor the Shard with.

• Accomplishment
    • Pain Killer
    • Power Liberator / Master Thief
    • Portal Smasher
    • Destroyer of Strength
    • Protector of Kindness
    • Slayer of Madness
  • Accolade
    • All Your Firebase... (requires all 8 Firebase Zulu exploration badges)
    • Cascade Cleansing (requires all 8 Cascade Archipelago exploration badges)
    • Can't Stop the Chant (requires all 8 The Chantry exploration badges)
    • Storming the Palace (requires all 8 The Storm Palace exploration badges)
  • Achievement
    • Firebase Zulu Security Detail / Firebase Zulu Deserter
  • Defeats (includes new recommendations)
    • Flying Nuisance
    • Brute Forced
    • Visionary
    • Wisperer (new - read above)
    • Occam's Mirror (new - read above)
    • Ionized Madness (new - read above)
  • Day Job
    • Dimensional Explorer

I hope this looks like fun - it fits the "badger" idea of getting a prize for collecting badges.  Looking forward to your feedback!

• Like 3

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

12 hours ago, Cenozoic said:

Shadow Shard Badge Ideas

(also posted to another Shadow Shard Lore thread in the forum ... forgive my linking skills and please support if this sounds like fun!)

DEFEATS

Wisperer - Defeat 500 points of Rularuu Wisps (same system as Brutes and Sentries)

Occam's Mirror - Defeat 100 Shadow Shard Reflections (any type)

Ionized Madness - Defeat 100 Storm Elementals (any type)

GLADIATOR (Alternative to Accolade Pet idea below)

Rularuu Overseer - The Rularuu see your destructive power and grant the services of an Overseer Sentinel.  Watch your back!

• The gladiator would be awarded upon completion of the Accolade "Rularuu's Ravager" (or alternatively, completing all 4 SS TFs)

ACCOLADE

"Rularuu's Ravager" - Granted when all Shadow Shard badges are acquired (listed what I know below).  The "Accolade Power" itself is a Shadow Shard Reflection of the character (similar to Illusion Phantom Army) with a very long cooldown timer.  Something unique and fun to honor the Shard with.

• Accomplishment
    • Pain Killer
    • Power Liberator / Master Thief
    • Portal Smasher
    • Destroyer of Strength
    • Protector of Kindness
    • Slayer of Madness
  • Accolade
    • All Your Firebase... (requires all 8 Firebase Zulu exploration badges)
    • Cascade Cleansing (requires all 8 Cascade Archipelago exploration badges)
    • Can't Stop the Chant (requires all 8 The Chantry exploration badges)
    • Storming the Palace (requires all 8 The Storm Palace exploration badges)
  • Achievement
    • Firebase Zulu Security Detail / Firebase Zulu Deserter
  • Defeats (includes new recommendations)
    • Flying Nuisance
    • Brute Forced
    • Visionary
    • Wisperer (new - read above)
    • Occam's Mirror (new - read above)
    • Ionized Madness (new - read above)
  • Day Job
    • Dimensional Explorer

I hope this looks like fun - it fits the "badger" idea of getting a prize for collecting badges.  Looking forward to your feedback!

Could I make one more suggestion... To help make more people do the Signature arcs, add one to 'Who Will Die' and add that to the requirements.

"Gone But Never Forgotten", or something

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 4:24 AM, Xiddo said:

Could I make one more suggestion... To help make more people do the Signature arcs, add one to 'Who Will Die' and add that to the requirements.

"Gone But Never Forgotten", or something

That is a great idea!  I agree that, at minimum, defeating Rula-Wade can be part of the accolade requirements.  Thanks for your input!

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)

You know how it goes. You've been playing level 50+ for a while. And you decide to level up another character who's in the late 30s level range, and you look at your costume slots and think - "Oh that's right. Need to get the extra slot from the Founders Falls Icon. So you fly over the "Gish" neighborhood to get there direct.

And get shot out of the sky from 5 different directions by those BLOODY CREY SNIPERS!

Rez in the hospital, head back and start going to town on those snipers cause DAMN you're pissed off at those wanktrumpeting knobgobblers!

And perhaps not for the first time you wish there was a BADGE for taking out snipers. Crey - Nemesis. Doesn't matter. SOMEBODY is going to pay. And you'd like a reward for it!

Well have I got the badge set for you!

10 Snipers - Polite
25 Snipers - Efficient
50 Snipers - Has a Plan
100 Snipers - Kills Everyone (He/She) Meets
200 Snipers - Professional with Standards

Some ideas for badge descriptions, with in progress and completed text.

Polite
This badge is for politely introducing ten snipers to the ground.
You took down Ten rooftop and balcony snipers.  It was the polite thing to do.

Efficient
Efficiently exterminate Twenty-Five snipers to obtain this badge.
You've proven yourself more efficient than twenty-five snipers.

Has a Plan
Plan the defeat of Fifty snipers to get this badge.
... and it apparently involves throwing Fifty snipers out of their nests.

Kills Everyone (He/She) Meets
Put one-hundred snipers into graves to earn this badge.
Or at least every sniper, at any rate.  Considering you've piled up one hundred defeated snipers, perhaps you're holding just a bit of a grudge?

Professional With Standards
Be a professional counter-sniper by taking down two-hundred snipers, and you'll earn this badge to prove it.
Counter-sniping is no longer just a hobby for you at this point.  Two hundred snipers failed to meet your standards.

Badge Titles above obviously inspired by - well. You know. :D

Edited by Dynamo-Joe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later

I like the idea about snipers, but it should just be Crey Snipers. The nemesis snipers are found in missions quite often, and it would be a simple thing for the badge to be obtained easily. We already get a badge for the fakes, the hulks and the jaegers. I think that's quite enough glory for Nemesis. 

So.. I wanted to caution all of the avid badgers with these suggestions. Some of you - after you complete one character with all badges, you begin another! There are at least three people that I know with certainty, other than myself that have completed multiple characters. I have 2 myself, with 2 more once/if the nemesis event happens, and 6 more bringing up the rear. Voltor, Sentenza, Stitch and who knows how many others. 

If they introduce too many badges, we're gonna be awfully busy, running SSAs or whatever into the ground! I'm all for the idea, but we need to be mindful of how much grinding do we want to set ourselves up for. 

Zone specific badges for rikti events, when you get them all from each zone, you get a spiffy accolade badge.  Other events as well.

100 Hamidon kills!

500 Rikti Mothership defeats.

Destroy 100 pylons.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 5/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, wjrasmussen said:

Zone specific badges for rikti events, when you get them all from each zone, you get a spiffy accolade badge.  Other events as well.

100 Hamidon kills!

500 Rikti Mothership defeats.

Destroy 100 pylons.

If there is a badge added for hamidon kills,  I hope the LGTF Hamidon counts as well for it.  Also 100 hami kills for a badge........NO.   Make it 50 instead.

500 Mothership defeats? no

100 pylons?  eh 10 raids should do that as well as the bomb and GM badge for the raids.

Also does anyone think that both on live and now that the badge requirements for bombs and the GM in MSR is a bit too high?  If they were reduced to 5 instead of 10 I wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

On 5/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, Ukase said:

So.. I wanted to caution all of the avid badgers with these suggestions. Some of you - after you complete one character with all badges, you begin another! There are at least three people that I know with certainty, other than myself that have completed multiple characters. I have 2 myself, with 2 more once/if the nemesis event happens, and 6 more bringing up the rear. Voltor, Sentenza, Stitch and who knows how many others. 

If they introduce too many badges, we're gonna be awfully busy, running SSAs or whatever into the ground! I'm all for the idea, but we need to be mindful of how much grinding do we want to set ourselves up for. 

You are quite correct.  We currently have 1549 active badges to get in the game, and while I do have a pattern I use on how to get them --as I am sure others with multiple hunters do --  it still takes time to get them all. 

It's one thing to double back to get a couple of new badges on the hunters that are complete,  but glutting us with hundreds of new badges is something we do not need.

Malta Sappers: nice

Nemesis Jaegers and Warhulks: nice

Rularuu: two new defeat badges: easily obtained but not nice

New login badge for the yearly winter event: Nice

Just add new story arcs once in awhile that offer some badges, or else add a new badge for completing an older arc like the recent one for Frostfire.

Also perhaps a login badge each year when you log an alt in during the Halloween Event, similar to the winter event login badge?

Also there are some legacy errors on some badges from live that I wouldn't mind seeing fixed:

The Mu Guardian and Raider Engineer gladiator badges have their tracking meters, but the description of each badge just shows as  ???

When hunting for Prisoners for the Warden badge and the gladiator badge, the gladiator badge description states you need 100 bosses but the tracking meter shows you need 200.

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

These blatantly obvious badges were somehow overlooked back on live:

1) Screaming Demon badge: Defeat Wailer Lord, a villain found in the Defeat Wailer Lord mission from Johnny Sonata.
(Bahomet has Demon Slayer, Snaptooth has Toothbreaker, but this very unique Elite Boss never had a badge? Really?)

2) Serenity Defined badge: You have felt the peace one only finds in the Atlas Park Atrium.
(How was there never an exploration badge here?) Suggest somewhere about [-1090.5 611.2 839.4]

3) Dropped Hard badge: You were defeated from full health in a single shot.
(Not an easy badge to achieve on some AT's, but achievable on all AT's)

4) Card Counter badge: You have won against the house too often for security to ignore and must earn money elsewhere. Logging out in the Golden

Giza earns you an Infamy bonus, when you log back in, each time you complete a mission for a short time.

5) Super Soaker badge: You successfully stopped the Hellions from burning down 25 apartment buildings in Steel Canyon.
(I don't think this badge is actually implementable, but one can dream)

6) Friendly Fire badge: You've dealt 100,000 damage while confused.
(Confused teammates' damage dealt would also count towards this badge)

These are just badges I strongly suggest:

1) Bragging Rights badge: You helped to defeat Jack in Irons in Warburg during the Halloween Event.
(Defeating a GM while everyone are level 38 and at risk of other players is truly an accomplishment. I did this back on live once)

2) Parolee badge: After being defeated you tried to use the medi-porter but instead wound up in Jail a total of ten times.

3) Vu-Ja-De badge: The feeling as though you've never been here before.
(Echo Plaza's center exploration badge)

4) Unruly badge: You have been inside the power-supression chamber in Echo Plaza.

5) Pick-Pocket badge: Steal an Ore Sample by defeating a player in Bloody Bay.

6) Squatter's Rites badge: Although earning many other badges, you achieved Level 50 with only a single Exploration badge (Thrill

Seeker).

Okay, maybe I went too far with that last one XD

Edited by Floride

• Community Rep

It would be wonderful to have badges for base building! There are a great number of us who have both addictions. 🙂 Perhaps a badge for being in the editor 100, 500, and 1,000 hours. Another for having bought/placed 20k items (the item limit for a base). Another for, say, creating a base with all the teleporters to the zones connected. Another for having deleted 10k items (call it "Destroyer of Worlds" or something). "Bughunter" is very difficult to earn, maybe a badge to go with the titles for being one of the winners of a HC contest? (That one should be account wide; I'd favor "Master Builder" for that one). Those are just a few thoughts, there could, of course, be many more! But to be fair, that's a significant group of people in the game that is totally ignored by badges. I -know- there will be howls of "But I don't like to do bases!", but lots of people don't like to do PVP, and wouldn't if there was no badge attached to it, and there are ways to get the badges without doing a whole lot of actual PVP; this would just be similar, in a different category.

Other than that, I favor a "Grand Master Of" badge for doing the current MO TFs at +4x8 and no deaths.

-Dacy

• Thumbs Up 2