Interface Procs are Bugged...my Test Results might show why

Bopper

On 2/19/2020 at 4:02 AM, Redlynne said:

Another factor that I would cite for this is ... how EASY it was to team up in City of Heroes (even before Super Sidekicking).  Just being able to invite ANYONE ... regardless of what level their character was ... into a team and be able to play together on a somewhat leveled playing field is something that far too many other games have just simply failed to replicate.  The ease of being able to form a pick up group, and the joy of playing in one, is something that all too often seems to be either an afterthought or not even thought of at all for other games.  Stuff like just being able to join a group to run a dungeon can sometimes turn into a horrendous chore where you can only run it with characters that haven't done it already (or whatever).

You just reminded me of selling CoH to friends back when I first played it:

'You can team from level 1 on! You're -encouraged- to! You get -more- XP and kill faster!! You don't need to slog through the levels as a healer and sloooowly whittling mobs as you solo. You can play a tank and tank from the get go, not just at max level!'

It takes playing the myriad MMOs out there, not just WoW, to know how we are told to solo from level 1 onwards to max level (with breaks for dungeons here and there) and then suddenlygooutthereandgroupupwithothers and good luck for the new player to break their solo habits (hunters thinking they could solo dungeon NPCs with their pets set to take agro).

• 2 months later

I made a Human-Warshade and snagged up Spectral Interface to try something new and with the intention that it would keep my disoriented enemies planted still. Alongside the added bonus of Gravimetric Snare having a little bit more magnitude to play with on bigger enemies.

With only the Tier 2 Spectral Core Interface (15% Immobilization Proc on most damaging attacks), it doesn't seem to fire at all. I see no combat texts, no visual/sound effects (most interfaces have that ringing yellow bubble around the enemies torso), and I just don't see monsters standing still for any time periods. I want my Incarnate Threads back 😞

Edited by Nayeh

19 minutes ago, Nayeh said:

I made a Human-Warshade and snagged up Spectral Interface to try something new and with the intention that it would keep my disoriented enemies planted still. Alongside the added bonus of Gravimetric Snare having a little bit more magnitude to play with on bigger enemies.

With only the Tier 2 Spectral Core Interface (15% Immobilization Proc on most damaging attacks), it doesn't seem to fire at all. I see no combat texts, no visual/sound effects (most interfaces have that ringing yellow bubble around the enemies torso), and I just don't see monsters standing still for any time periods. I want my Incarnate Threads back 😞

Were you the one that brought up more bugs with Interface Procs on Discord? If not, I recall that person also said the Confusion Proc wasn't firing for them. Something seems off with some of the debuff procs that should get re-looked at.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 1 month later
1 hour ago, Dr Causality said:

@Number Six Hey are there any updates on the Interface double check calculation bug getting corrected?     And if so, did the fix roll out to all the Interface versions?

The fix was implemented awhile ago, however there have been mentionings of some interfaces being bugged. Not sure if it's related or not, and I haven't tested it to verify. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

I've been following this topic for months now, and would love to see some kind of definitive word on whether it's actually fixed.  I've been in complete doubt about the Interface powers, and don't want to waste incarnate materials on powers that just don't work right.  

Is there a list of which Interface powers are known working and/or still suspected as bugged?

4 hours ago, ladyhero said:

I've been following this topic for months now, and would love to see some kind of definitive word on whether it's actually fixed.  I've been in complete doubt about the Interface powers, and don't want to waste incarnate materials on powers that just don't work right.  

Is there a list of which Interface powers are known working and/or still suspected as bugged?

I am not tracking it nor keeping a list. Out of curiosity, which interface are you wanting to know about, and I can maybe tell you if it's working or if I simply don't know. I mostly work with Degenerative and Reactive, and those both seem to be working as intended. But it could be worth a revisit. However I'm not very motivated in testing every single interface proc. If folks would like to run tests of different interfaces and get a bunch of data, that would be useful. My preferred method of testing is my granite tank. I can stand in front of a pylon and have no survivability issues. I make sure to grab an AE mission before I get started that way I don't get booted for being AFK. Then I proceed to auto-kick the pylon for 8 hours while I sleep, then parse the data afterwards.

That being said, if anyone wants to lend a warm animated body to do that test with the different procs, and properly save their log and make sure they capture all the pertinent information needed...then I'd be happy to open it in excel, filter out the strings I care about and say whether or not the procs are firing as often as they should.

• City Council

AFAIK they are all fixed. Powerhouse did the fix but I glanced at it and it appeared to be correct. Have not heard any reports about any that are still having an issue, but there are a lot of Interface powers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Number Six said:

Have not heard any reports about any that are still having an issue, but there are a lot of Interface powers.

That's our cue kids!

If you're having buggy Interface proc issues, you need to document what's happening and deliver that info to the Dev Team for Powerhouse to crosscheck if there are any outstanding issues.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

@Number Sixthis was what I saw on Discord. It was a very specific test, but I dont know how well it was logged/controlled.

They were checking the Cognitive Confuse Proc using Pets while monitoring the Confusion Status Protection of the target using a power analyzer. They said they never saw the Confusion Protection change.

Screenshot_20200601-075236_Discord.jpg

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Bopper said:

I am not tracking it nor keeping a list. Out of curiosity, which interface are you wanting to know about, and I can maybe tell you if it's working or if I simply don't know. I mostly work with Degenerative and Reactive, and those both seem to be working as intended. But it could be worth a revisit. However I'm not very motivated in testing every single interface proc.

The one I'm most interested in is Diamagnetic.  The -ToHit is critical to one of my builds, so knowing it works would be quite nice.

I'd be more than happy to log some data and then send it on over to you.  How does one enable logging?  If it's in-game somewhere, it's not jumping out at me...

Also, for testing purposes, should I be facing off with a single target, or would it be acceptable to afk-tank a fire farm?

thx

2 minutes ago, ladyhero said:

The one I'm most interested in is Diamagnetic.  The -ToHit is critical to one of my builds, so knowing it works would be quite nice.

I'd be more than happy to log some data and then send it on over to you.  How does one enable logging?  If it's in-game somewhere, it's not jumping out at me...

Also, for testing purposes, should I be facing off with a single target, or would it be acceptable to afk-tank a fire farm?

thx

In game, go Menu>Options>Windows

Go down to Chat and select the Log Chat and make it Enabled.

But if its only 1 thing, I can test it now. I actually have that Interface already.

13 minutes ago, ladyhero said:

thx

Well, I'm actually not seeing a message and I have almost everything on in my chat log. But I also have the Power Analyzer going and I see the debuff applied everytime I hit the target. With just auto-kick going, the debuff would keep a 5% to 10% to-hit debuff. With a damage aura on and auto-kick going, it would typically be 10% to 15% to hit debuff, occasionally dropping to 5%.

I switched to Jab for faster attacks and I basically was at 15% to 20% debuff the entire time. Looks like its working fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Well, I'm actually not seeing a message and I have almost everything on in my chat log. But I also have the Power Analyzer going and I see the debuff applied everytime I hit the target. With just auto-kick going, the debuff would keep a 5% to 10% to-hit debuff. With a damage aura on and auto-kick going, it would typically be 10% to 15% to hit debuff, occasionally dropping to 5%.

I switched to Jab for faster attacks and I basically was at 15% to 20% debuff the entire time. Looks like its working fine.

Wow, thank you for taking a look at that, Bopper.  That's good news indeed!

I had to look up what the Power Analyzer is - I had no idea that was a thing, but now I'll be visiting P2W to pick one up.  When you use it, does it give you a continuous live stat readout of your targeted enemy?

41 minutes ago, ladyhero said:

Wow, thank you for taking a look at that, Bopper.  That's good news indeed!

I had to look up what the Power Analyzer is - I had no idea that was a thing, but now I'll be visiting P2W to pick one up.  When you use it, does it give you a continuous live stat readout of your targeted enemy?

It does. It's like looking at Combat Attributes, but it's the enemy's Combat Attributes 

@Number Sixanother post on Cognitive not working

• 3 weeks later
On 6/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, Number Six said:

AFAIK they are all fixed. Powerhouse did the fix but I glanced at it and it appeared to be correct. Have not heard any reports about any that are still having an issue, but there are a lot of Interface powers.

@Captain Powerhouse and @Number Six

I was poking around and thought I'd take a look at Cognitive Interface...I think its Effects within its Effect Group is entirely missing or corrupted. Same for Immobilize Interface.

I ran some stuff on Beta for awhile and I strongly suspect you'll find a problem with these Interfaces. Maybe check the Interface_Silent.

• Like 2

• 10 months later
On 5/7/2021 at 12:12 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

So @Bopper are Interface procs fixed, broken, working as designed, or still under investigation on a power by power basis?

Which ones? The DoT procs should be working as of February 18th of last year (iirc). As for the procs that do confuse or immobilize, I don't know if those are working. Last I checked, no.

This seems like a simple fix. The status interfaces are missing their tags. The main powers both grant you the proc and set the chance it goes off using a global chance mod - in this case affecting tag "InterfaceStatus". But the only power bearing that tag, is (weirdly) the Preemptive Interface end drain proc's effect.

Fixing this should be as simple as adding the "InterfaceStatus" tag to these powers:

• incarnate.interface_silent.immobilize
  • incarnate.interface_silent.confuse

For consistency, Preemptive should really get its own tag (something like "InterfaceEndurance"), though to be honest I don't know why all the other debuff effects need distinct tags. Since you can only ever have one Interface active, they could all share a tag.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UberGuy said:

This seems like a simple fix. The status interfaces are missing their tags. The main powers both grant you the proc and set the chance it goes off using a global chance mod - in this case affecting tag "InterfaceStatus". But the only power bearing that tag, is (weirdly) the Preemptive Interface end drain proc's effect.

Fixing this should be as simple as adding the "InterfaceStatus" tag to these powers:

• incarnate.interface_silent.immobilize
  • incarnate.interface_silent.confuse

For consistency, Preemptive should really get its own tag (something like "InterfaceEndurance"), though to be honest I don't know why all the other debuff effects need distinct tags. Since you can only ever have one Interface active, they could all share a tag.

I agree, all the Interface DoTs use the tag InterfaceDoT, you could make all the non-DoTs use InterfaceStatus and make it easy.

And you were right, the Interface Silent is missing those tags, nice catch. This is why I love CoD, it makes it so much easier finding these errors. I noticed something wrong with the Interface Silent last year but couldn't figure out what it was. My ability to read JSON was not on point.

• Like 1