Time/Dual Pistols/Dark "No Escape" Build

Redlynne

Time/Dual Pistols/Soul is definitely an alternative possibility.  The thing is, when I looked at it, I was wondering WHAT ELSE besides Farsight is going to get a nice massive boost out of Power Boost?  And the answer came back ... not a whole lot.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there were definitely other powers that could be advantaged by Power Boost, but it wasn't like an entire powerset all at once ... more like bits and pieces of the powersets.  I don't have Pine open while making this post, so I can't give a direct rundown of powers that gain from Power Boost (and how much), but the BIG gain was in Farsight, which for some people is PLENTY gain from Power Boost all on its own.

To be honest, I'd say that if you're interested in trying Time/Dual Pistols/Soul the best option would be to do it on an alternate build, so that you can have a direct comparison in which the PLAYER isn't a "variable" factor (per se) and see which build you like best (and why).

For me, the difference was that Soul with Power Boost wound up being more of a self buff in a defensive way, while Dark wound up being more of an offensive buff in a damaging to enemies kind of way.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I mean, don't get me wrong, there were definitely other powers that could be advantaged by Power Boost, but it wasn't like an entire powerset all at once ... more like bits and pieces of the powersets.  I don't have Pine open while making this post, so I can't give a direct rundown of powers that gain from Power Boost (and how much), but the BIG gain was in Farsight, which for some people is PLENTY gain from Power Boost all on its own.

I listed off a few examples in my last post, but it seems (based on Pines) power boost affects your mezzes, buffs, and debuffs...well the ones that could be enhanced (so not damage buffs, resistance debuffs, etc).

Assuming you have 200% global recharge and another 100% enhanced, you can get power boost on a 30 second recharge with a 15 second duration (50% uptime). So any toggles that help you or others or debuff the enemies will get a boost 50% of the time.

Your slowed response has a 30 second duration, making it perma boosted. Distortion fields hold effect would get boosted. Soul Drain, when it goes off would get it's ToHit buff boosted. Ultimately, it seems to have quite a bit of offensive and defensive utility.

*edit* Although I'm going off of what I saw on Pines, I can't confirm if Power Boost helps with debuffs. The in game description is just vague enough that it could leave stuff to interpretation.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

City of Data: Power Boost

• +78.672% Str(Stunned, Sleep, Confused, Terrorized, Immobilized, Held) for 15s
  • +78.672% Str(SpeedRunning, SpeedFlying, Heal, Absorb, ToHit, Endurance) for 15s
  • +78.672% Str(All Defense) for 15s

So ... Suppression Fire (Stun or Hold) in the primary and Time Stop (Hold) in the secondary and ... that's really about it.

Farsight (ToHit and Defense) ... DUH ... along with Chrono Shift (Heal and Endurance Mod), Temporal Mending (Heal) ... and that's most of it.

If you have Spirit Ward from the Sorcery Pool, that would have the Absorb boosted.

I'm working from memory here, so there's probably a power (or few) that I'm overlooking ... probably the -ToHit and -Defense debuffing powers ... but still, you ought to be getting the idea here.  There just isn't this huge pile of powers that can take advantage of Power Boost to really augment their effects aside from Farsight, which is certainly NOT NOTHING.

IifneyR.gif

City of Data: Power Boost

• +78.672% Str(Stunned, Sleep, Confused, Terrorized, Immobilized, Held) for 15s
  • +78.672% Str(SpeedRunning, SpeedFlying, Heal, Absorb, ToHit, Endurance) for 15s
  • +78.672% Str(All Defense) for 15s

So ... Suppression Fire (Stun or Hold) in the primary and Time Stop (Hold) in the secondary and ... that's really about it.

Farsight (ToHit and Defense) ... DUH ... along with Chrono Shift (Heal and Endurance Mod), Temporal Mending (Heal) ... and that's most of it.

If you have Spirit Ward from the Sorcery Pool, that would have the Absorb boosted.

I'm working from memory here, so there's probably a power (or few) that I'm overlooking ... probably the -ToHit and -Defense debuffing powers ... but still, you ought to be getting the idea here.  There just isn't this huge pile of powers that can take advantage of Power Boost to really augment their effects aside from Farsight, which is certainly NOT NOTHING.

You're quoting Corruptor numbers, Defender's have a +98.34% boost. Also keep in mind, if you fully slot out a weave, maneuvers, tactics, etc, you might improve it by 50-57%, so for 50% of the time you get better boosts to your toggles than a full enhancement set.

You might be forgetting debuff powers, like Slowed Response, Time's Junction, Distortion Field. The slows, tohit debuff and defense debuff get big boosts (assuming power boost improves debuff numbers too). Also, if you are using cryo ammunition you can boost the slow effects. Again, this is a boost that can be on 50% of the time at end game. Personally I don't do that, I just use it when needed. For a power I just slot with 1 recharge boost, it brings a lot to the table.

It also works well with my Grant Invisibility, turning its defense boost into Weave for 120 seconds.  For a power meant to simply take a LotG is now both utility and buff.

*edit*

I opened up Pines and I noticed no changes in numbers for Slow effects, but Defense Debuff and ToHit Debuff did show a change.

Additional edit, I looked at how much you could boost Farsight if you 6 slot it with all level 50 Hami-Os. You achieve 65% enhancement of defense and ToHit. Power Boost improves it by 98.34%. So yes, I would take power boost for Farsight, alone (which is why I got it). But digging through numbers, I didn't realize how much impact it had on other powers and what I could do with other powers (like Grant Invisibility) that made me appreciate it more.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

The big loss from moving to Soul is Dark Consumption.  Big enough that I'm going to get more IO sets before making the swap.  Once Chronoshift is near perma and Boosted to boot, I doubt I'll be missing it.  Both sets have Soul Drain, so the damage boost is unchanged, as is the armor.

One also loses Oppressive Gloom access (And Soul Transfer), but I'd consider access to Soul Storm or Summon Mistress more than a fair trade.

The big loss from moving to Soul is Dark Consumption.  Big enough that I'm going to get more IO sets before making the swap.  Once Chronoshift is near perma and Boosted to boot, I doubt I'll be missing it.  Both sets have Soul Drain, so the damage boost is unchanged, as is the armor.

One also loses Oppressive Gloom access (And Soul Transfer), but I'd consider access to Soul Storm or Summon Mistress more than a fair trade.

Dark still has some benefits that can't be overlooked. The main one is Dark's Soul Drain is way better than Soul's. Half the recharge (120s vs. 240s) and bigger radius (15 ft vs 10 ft).

Just a point about Farsight: It + Power Boost (though I use PBU from Power and the +ToHit is a bit different) + Clarion Radial = 50% Def to ALL and +51% ToHit for an ENTIRE LEAGUE. And that's only slotting Farsight for Defense and Recharge with a token amount of End Redux. No Agility Alpha either, so the +Def could be even higher, but only by 1-2% I think.

Are there any skippable Time Manipulation powers in your (or anyone's) opinion?

- Thanks!

Astral Traveller,  level 28 Time/DP Defender

It depends on your definition of skippable and your build goals. Personally I have always skipped Time Stop, I usually skip Time Crawl, and I did skip Distortion Field once, but decided to bring it back. In no way do I imply those powers aren't good, I just don't have room for everything. But I don't play with multiple builds. If I dedicated resources to a pure solo build, I would sub out Temporal Selection for one of those.

Thank you.

My fear with skipping Time Crawl is that all the other powers say they are more effective against targets affected by "Delay" or... Time Crawl. Is it a noticeable + bump?

Also.. I should mention (embarrassed) I just use basic lv 25 IOs in my builds. I have too much fun and too many alts to worry about sets and set bonuses and purple wangdoodles. I just sell them when they drop. Can't be bothered. ( Sorry if that makes folks shiver... :o)

I'm just building the best Time/DP I can with basic slotting!

Thanks!

Thank you.

My fear with skipping Time Crawl is that all the other powers say they are more effective against targets affected by "Delay" or... Time Crawl. Is it a noticeable + bump?

Also.. I should mention (embarrassed) I just use basic lv 25 IOs in my builds. I have too much fun and too many alts to worry about sets and set bonuses and purple wangdoodles. I just sell them when they drop. Can't be bothered. ( Sorry if that makes folks shiver... :o)

I'm just building the best Time/DP I can with basic slotting!

Thanks!

I believe you should always play your way. If you don't want to invest in set IOs, don't. I would suggest atleast frankenslot, or go after some cheap IO sets, but again, play your way.

The boost from Time Crawl is decent, but for me the -regeneration is small and not stackable if I  recall. Plus it's single target. Basically its use is strictly for single tough guys.

As for how it improves your powers, it's a 20-25% boost to your debuffs. Time Stop gets a +1 magnitude boost for half the duration, so you can hold a boss in a single shot.

15 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

So far it is fun, and other team members have noticed and commented on how Time helps them fight "Better."

That does seem to be an ... unfortunate(?) ... side effect of playing Time/Dual Pistols/* for some reason.  Someday we'll get an answer as to "why" but until then, MORE RESEARCH IS NEEDED!!

IifneyR.gif

• 9 months later

Hello just hit 50 and working in incarnate stuff. What slots would you recommend for the main build? I am thinking musculature, vigor, intuition, or agility for alpha slot but don't really need more recharge. Thanks for any advice.

Edited by diefree

2 hours ago, diefree said:

Hello just hit 50 and working in incarnate stuff. What slots would you recommend for the main build? I am thinking musculature, vigor, intuition, or agility for alpha slot but don't really need more recharge. Thanks for any advice.

Not sure what powers you picked, but if you don't need recovery, Intuition Radial is the way to go.

3 minutes ago, diefree said:

I could use end mod so thinking agility for that and to cap defense

That's fine, then. The agility will hurt your proc performance, but that might not be a concern for you. You could look at Musculature Radial for recovery as well, and have the To-Hit debuff enhance your Time's Juncture. Perhaps that will help you with your attempts at soft-capping your defense (getting your enemies down to the 5% To-Hit chance have two paths, defense and to-hit debuffs). That could be a viable option if you are playing up close, as Soul Drain, Hail of Bullets and Time's Juncture are all PBAoEs. In the end, your options will be, should you enhance defense and recharge, or enhance damage and to-hit debuffs. 

7 hours ago, diefree said:

Two points.

This build has been superseded by This Post.

As for Incarnate slotting advice ... go with whatever makes you happy.  No seriously.  It's your character, not mine.  Slot in whatever makes you happy.

IifneyR.gif

• 1 year later

I’m trying to build this timecop defender and noticed that Pacing of the Turtle: Chance for recharge slow is listed twice. Can you advise which power that should go into and what the other would be? I’m just coming back to CoH and so much has changed! 

1 hour ago, Ranger4834 said:

I’m trying to build this timecop defender and noticed that Pacing of the Turtle: Chance for recharge slow is listed twice. Can you advise which power that should go into and what the other would be? I’m just coming back to CoH and so much has changed! 

That IO Is not unique.  You can put it in both.

• 4 months later

I see your builds, and would like to counter with my own. I call it Bullet Time/Dual Pistols, or "The One" for short:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Secondary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Pistols -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(13), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Dvs-Hold%(34)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(5), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 4: Dual Wield -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Apc-Acc/Rchg(15), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(33)
Level 6: Time's Juncture -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(7), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(21), DmpSpr-Rchg/EndRdx(27)
Level 8: Empty Clips -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(11), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(29), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 10: Distortion Field -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(11), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(50), ImpSwf-Dam%(50)
Level 12: Swap Ammo
Level 14: Time Stop -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Bullet Rain -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), AirBrs-Acc/Dmg(17), AirBrs-Dmg/EndRdx(17), AirBrs-Dmg/Rchg(19), AirBrs-Dmg/Rng(19), PstBls-Dam%(21)
Level 18: Farsight -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Suppressive Fire -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 26: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-DefDeb/Rchg(36), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), ShlBrk-%Dam(36), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(37)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(39)
Level 32: Chrono Shift -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(40), HrmHln-Heal/EndRdx(40), HrmHln-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Piercing Rounds -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(46), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ann-ResDeb%(48)
Level 38: Hail of Bullets -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(43), RctArm-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 47: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Temporal Selection -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(33)
Level 12: Chemical Ammunition
Level 12: Cryo Ammunition
Level 12: Incendiary Ammunition
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1490;703;1406;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EFD0299552A0A5E5FD92F27E0DE5A1D11509A02E2884A87|
|1DB4C6428930C6DD39926BA74E1DFE0CE280A3E63A2E263A97F803B5FA82BF1ADA8|
|0B4382898C87F90EA5C94C32F9CD7CE79EFB9D7BE6DE993E3319B873ECDC9890CA2|
|70CD5341393DABC969AD3B2BE19D5CA655543EC5C3EBA5B762389F1DCFCBC72525F|
|D412D36A4ACFE40CD5D2D3A9C67CFCB89A4A6A73CA644E3512B3BA69A50D530466D|
|36943896B6A464F252B765F68B4B9A067FCCEFB898CA6CD953A8F470D3DB960D51D|
|C9E8A7958974369BCB58E96C623A4786A6A565CFD6523D3D743F8F08BE6C21EA094|
|3B2180AE635AFB8026DDF5530B00C96AF80ADD798D7C117349FC4B9D2178FA3157D|
|657E03E5EFCC1F60F106384CBE1ECEF5F417C177000C2860F920B83FC67C84DC97E|
|4EB758C6D8FF72E62C5AB60E41E587F1F1C211F1FC67A7DFF6447F36F838D365378|
|1D364BCCF3C87D4D3E25A8512EF90BCDBF05B62F4AE8DF32B189B8028E925F29FCE|
|C35CA2FE37E9771BF0F50BC82D75DB10EFFE00DC48237C1CA5BCCDB60E431F886E6|
|0BF15A4253E8457515EAA88EC0BF3684F7DA30585F091E24DF30D712E65AAA69A35|
|6613EA98AE7690D823514ABE1F135DD18FF96FCEBB8F6BAA7D487B02CDA9E309FA1|
|2F6DC51EA78E762FB3080CD17C0DF0120DEC1526AD89FD9B2E22BF73097C475E2DB|
|CD616DE439DBC873A6790DF15678E11BB88E3E0215A6B94EB8CBE47CEC03AF30338|
|F891F989F9193C4CB91D9CDB21A0F5D8A8A9679BF9107AEF03E62A6811BAB9E6EE6|
|18E35A3A6FE28F30FF4FE4DAE670B8C522FFAB8177D7D7C3699260D519C93660B85|
|B557D49F187F9F186B8D72C1F9B6E91253BD79C5EE7545632E65C8A58CB89451971|
|27729333B0A9F825939FF971092132DD93BFBF6869FA25261F4D79E2249ADE84EF3|
|297CE99FAED1BF0B475FE0FFC426CED5A5109D45F6B95CF0BC54F0FC1FD463FB9F|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Note, this is actually my first time designing a build of my own, so sorry if I missed anything.