Just Introducing myself

Ilovetacos

Not sure what server you picked. I am on Everlasting. It is busy but i think Excelsior is busier. Not sure about the others

Not sure your familiarity with the game or content so hard to throw out suggestions

anyways welcome to Homecoming

if you feel rusty or nostalgic or really just need to re-figure stuff out i recommend what i do with a lot if my alts.  I run a few DFB Death From Below.  Then start running the task forces in level order. This helps me learn how an alt plays and have fun with it

if you feel you know where everything is and just want to get back to level 50 content i suggest running with Peregrine Island teams, RWZ mothership raids, AE teams and after 35 ITF. After 5-16 game play doing that i am pretty sure you will be 50 or very close to it. Then you can incarnate and run late game content

anyways have fun.  Oh. That advice is Blueside. But if you are Redside then you already know the drill. Nobody loves you and you got to slip in when opportunity presents itself.  Also Going Rogue will allow Redside to do Blueside

which brings me to my last bit of advice. Seek out the gull sitting atop a box truck in Pocket D redside outside tiki room. Null the Gull

free alignment changes, slight power modifications, and a badge for “becoming more powerul

good luck

16 hours ago, Techwright said:

Consider watching the Looking for Group channel for "DFB" a.k.a.  "Death From Below".  There's usually several per hour running, and with full teams.  It's basically an MMO dungeon designed for the new characters to gain experience, and that happens rapidly running it.  If you've never done it, tell your teammates.  I've generally found the teams to be very helpful to first time runners.  Also, listen closely if they talk about doing the badges.  There's some precise qualifications, especially for the first one, but if you pay attention, it is not hard.

After that (and people do run it repeatedly, sometimes up to the low 20s, though there are diminishing returns after 15 or 16, I believe) Hollows missions are sometimes grouped, and there's definitely DIB, a.k.a.  "Drowning in Blood" for the 15+ team-ups.  Sometimes people call out for a team to help with the Atlas story missions, so there's that as well.   All of these help move you quickly up to level 20 and past the endurance drain challenges of the teen levels.

Oh, and welcome back!

EDIT:  Looks like you posted about knowing the LFG channel right before I posted.  Well, hopefully you knew about the DFB as well then.  Cheers!

actually I did not..so Some of this is still new to me and some of this is stuff i already knew 

19 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Not sure what server you picked. I am on Everlasting. It is busy but i think Excelsior is busier. Not sure about the others

Not sure your familiarity with the game or content so hard to throw out suggestions

anyways welcome to Homecoming

if you feel rusty or nostalgic or really just need to re-figure stuff out i recommend what i do with a lot if my alts.  I run a few DFB Death From Below.  Then start running the task forces in level order. This helps me learn how an alt plays and have fun with it

if you feel you know where everything is and just want to get back to level 50 content i suggest running with Peregrine Island teams, RWZ mothership raids, AE teams and after 35 ITF. After 5-16 game play doing that i am pretty sure you will be 50 or very close to it. Then you can incarnate and run late game content

anyways have fun.  Oh. That advice is Blueside. But if you are Redside then you already know the drill. Nobody loves you and you got to slip in when opportunity presents itself.  Also Going Rogue will allow Redside to do Blueside

which brings me to my last bit of advice. Seek out the gull sitting atop a box truck in Pocket D redside outside tiki room. Null the Gull

free alignment changes, slight power modifications, and a badge for “becoming more powerul

good luck

thanks for the advice I havent played in years so I feel like I am starting brand new so I will take all the advice I can get plus I never played rogue so that is brand new to me. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ilovetacos said:

thanks for the advice I havent played in years so I feel like I am starting brand new so I will take all the advice I can get plus I never played rogue so that is brand new to me. 

Rogue is the only way to play, IMO.  Then again, if you look at my avatar, you can tell that I'm biased. 😛

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ilovetacos said:

thank you I am heading back to kings row now 

The easy way to play is a base macro.   There are several that give you a link in your power tray to teleport you to a supergroup base that is available to everyone.   It has teleporters to every zone and pocket d

22 minutes ago, Apparition said:

You can get there via either Kings Row (blue side), or Port Oakes (red side).  Pull up the map, and look for a small green circle.  One of them will be labeled Pocket D.

so curious question if I am already a hero is there a way for me to go rogue or do I have to make a new toon

1 minute ago, Ilovetacos said:

so curious question if I am already a hero is there a way for me to go rogue or do I have to make a new toon

You can go Rogue as a Hero.  Just talk with Null the Gull on top of a box truck on the red side of Pocket D.  That said, you may be better starting off as a Vigilante instead if you want to stick with mostly blue side content.  Vigilante is the blue side equivalent of Rogue.  They both allow you to do content on both sides.

3 minutes ago, Ilovetacos said:

where is the red side of pocket d i was in pocket d i didnt know there were sides. 

There is an area with blue lighting which is where you should have entered after taking the elevator.  The other side of Pocket D has red lighting, and has an elevator that can take you to red side zones. 

Look for the side of Pocket D with red lighting, then look for a box truck with a seagull on top. 

6 minutes ago, Apparition said:

There is an area with blue lighting which is where you should have entered after taking the elevator.  The other side of Pocket D has red lighting, and has an elevator that can take you to red side zones. 

Look for the side of Pocket D with red lighting, then look for a box truck with a seagull on top. 

thats what i thought just was not sure .. i am heading there now 

13 minutes ago, Apparition said:

it looks as if i have to do things before i can turn my toon rogue ?

1 minute ago, Ilovetacos said:

it looks as if i have to do things before i can turn my toon rogue ?

You shouldn't have to.  Click on Null and then choose "What can you do?" off of the menu (or something like that, I think it's the last option).  Then choose "Change Alignment" and then of course Rogue.

There's Hero, Vigilante (hero with a touch of villain), Rogue (villain with a touch of hero), and Villain.

Also, Going Rogue is an expansion type thingy.  When you create a character you choose origin (mutation, natural etc) and on that screen above them is Freedom or Going Rogue. 

Freedom is the same old game you know, be a hero or villain.  Choosing Going Rogue starts you on a kind of alternate story we call goldside. 

You start in Praetoria and have to remain there til level 20 (seriously just a couple hours or so if you rush it).  Not many people play there so it will probably be solo a lot and the enemies and mechanics are a bit tougher. 

At level 20 you are given a contact that will send you to the portal for blue (hero) or red (villain).

Its actually a pretty cool story if you dont mind the loneliness, but generally it is recommended to refresh your memory on gameplay through Freedom first before Going Rogue.

Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sura said:

You shouldn't have to.  Click on Null and then choose "What can you do?" off of the menu (or something like that, I think it's the last option).  Then choose "Change Alignment" and then of course Rogue.

There's Hero, Vigilante (hero with a touch of villain), Rogue (villain with a touch of hero), and Villain.

okay thank you I couldnt figure it out or which options to click but i got it now .. thank you 

• Like 1