Custom Powers, Henchmen Appearances and Animation?

Eidolor

image.png.2bb88e9e06e1d5d14178181e62b5cc48.png

Sure the path for me is C:\ City of heroes \  Data \ Player_Library \ Animations \ Male

The city of heroes folder is where the game is installed

You can see the 5 animations i've changed.

Here's an example: The [Fly.anim] file is really [flyforward_alt4.anim] This changes my default non combat fly into flypose#4

Ideally i'd also like to change [storm_kick] into [gut_punch] but the changes wont take. If you figure out the trick plz let me know.

• Thanks 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Sure as shit that’s it, I can reproduce! 

Cross punch is brawling_sweep_cross

Provoke is combat_comehere

Storm kick wasn’t roundhouse, windmill, launch or any of the leap/jump/spin/kicks I tried. Maybe it’s broken into parts for the jump and an air for the attack but something should’ve shown some kinda change if any of them were right

Edited by Eidolor

Hey hey!

I was testing stuff out again, i managed to change normal running animations to ninja run (i havent touched jumping yet) but there's a problem

As you can see, it looks very very weird

It does get better though if you have higher move speed (i turned on sprint in this one)

Here's the filenames for the run animations

362642a840eb14e4b7c93c4376bae3db.png

Currently trying to find a way to change run animation while holding a weapon (it changes back to default run if I have my weap out)

if you guys find anything about it lemme know too T.T

i also tried adjusting the ninja runs however its a little more complex due to positioning of the animations.

For example 

Ninja run backwards imo looks way better than ninja run forward but when i switch em up i get all kinds of weird hijinks

Also [storm_kick] is listed as itself and oddly enough i can make other powers use the storm kick animation using that file but i cant change the original storm kick to something else. 

8 hours ago, Troo said:

maybe something could be gleaned from

Unfortunately that's only for audio (and is lacking quite a number of audio files, audio files are also much easier to figure out since they're mostly named after the skill/emote/stuff they get used on. We are currently investigating animations now.

btw I'm the guy from this one xD

I’m grateful for the list even with gaps, still looking through sounds on and off for provoke, cross punch and 6 shot burst and a couple of them might share names with animations that prove difficult to pin down. Tacked it onto the op in resources for others starting. Was a real slap to the taint to learn I’d tried dozens under my botched pathing, then got all the anims I needed within 10m soon as sai cleared me up. Still kinda butthurt 

Trying to crack spawning objects in hand and locate hench models now (afraid they and their appearances are scattered all around in chunks)

Edited by Eidolor

have any of you come across non player character or AV versions of the same powers yet?

diving into the back-end could make one appreciate the expanse of CoX and how what seem like small asks/requests can actually be major tasks.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Yeah I saw them enemies and since beginning this have a newfound respect for the volunteer devs and mods, the coding in coh is wild so all their recent work is just breathtaking.

Either way either we or they will crack these, but making a ui is way beyond me

Edited by Eidolor

8 minutes ago, Troo said:

have any of you come across non player character or AV versions of the same powers yet?

diving into the back-end could make one appreciate the expanse of CoX and how what seem like small asks/requests can actually be major tasks.

yes i have its what took me so long to figure dragon tail out. the AV version is coded as Vandal low kick.

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Hey guys/gals/folks its been awhile since i posted in this thread. I'm really happy with the melee animation customization's i have set for my main char. However id like to try my hand at the ranged attacks. I have a basic idea on how to change the animation your character performs but i have no idea how to change the particle effects. So heres an example of something id like to do to:

Blaster > Energy Blast     > Explosive blast = Targeted aoe with a 1.67s cast time.

replaced with 

Blaster > Radiation Blast > Neutron Bomb = Targeted aoe with a 1.67 cast time.

On paper should be a no brainer but. Id need to change the char animation as well at the fired projectile and maybe its effect when it lands? I honestly have no idea which is why i'm resurrecting this thread. If u have some experience, or ideas or leads that can help plz let me know.