Sign in to follow this  
OrionX

Help me find something new and fun

Back on live I never really played a blaster.  But since the HC team (I believe it was them) fixed the snipe and the nuke, I decided to give it a try on and stumbled on an expensive fire fire build that after many months and tweaking has become my absolute favorite toon of all times.  It does what I hear a lot of blasters say...it works because it kills them fast, before they kill you.  So my toon is at about Vet Level 92 and I am looking fort another Blaster.  I have tried rad atomic and ice cold (may have got those power names wrong but you know what I mean).  Please reccommend your favorite blaster and why you like it.

Thanks!

BR/tac arrow. The pairing goes very well your sustain is very strong. some cc in glue arrow and esd vs bot types is super strong. builtin in resistance to kb/kd and imob.  also a auto +recharge of 20% and that comes with a 40% res to slow. can soft cap range def and be a small purple for smash and leathal. have enjoyed playing him up to 50 and will go beyond.

• Like 1

Yeah I was just going to suggest BR/TA as well. Tac Arrow's a powerful set of self-buffs and utilities ("what trick arrow wishes it was" for several of the latter things) and though beam lacks a 'ball' it's an excellent set overall, offering a bit of -regen, some DoT, a few knockbacks (weak ones so more like knockdowns really) and some decent stuns. Overcharge's ranged though a bit weaker than most (you'll use it plenty as your 'ball' though) and Piercing Beam is a real gem.

Fire/Elec/Mace

It's the fire/fire you always wanted but with more SMASH!

Pros:

1 Most of your attacks have 1 second animations, except thunderstrike.

2 Force of thunder and thunderstrike can chain juggle KD mobs and they are great FF proc mules as well

3 With scorpion shield you can almost softcap S/L/E/F/C

4 The melee attacks are crunchy and feels good

5 Endurance management via powersink and force of thunder

6 INFERNO!!!

7 When you activate thunderstrike yell "COOOOOMBBOOOOO BREAKER!!!"

8 It's not a sissy ranged blaster combo. You are damage incarnate and a MF'ing tank mage. Man up and get in there and punch face!

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior

Jezebel Delias

Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

6 hours ago, terrasmash said:

BR/tac arrow. The pairing goes very well your sustain is very strong. some cc in glue arrow and esd vs bot types is super strong. builtin in resistance to kb/kd and imob.  also a auto +recharge of 20% and that comes with a 40% res to slow. can soft cap range def and be a small purple for smash and leathal. have enjoyed playing him up to 50 and will go beyond.

Be aware you're going to have to live with weapon redraw for both sets, whether that bothers you or not (It bothers me).

Water/Psi is really strong

DP/Energy is also pretty great

Oh no that can be turned off. Both weapons can have their redraw removed, it's not like you're a Soldier of Arachnos!

Water's got no snipe though dehydrate's a health drain. It's an AOE-focused set with subpar single-target damage, but a massive amount of soft-control built in. Less good for soloing high level AVs, spectacular against large blobs of purple mobs. 

Water/Psy can handle AVs well since Drain Psyche's -Regeneration more than makes up for that.

Otherwise, I like to pair Water with a secondary that has a Hold, so you can insert a Hold with 4-5 damage procs into the attack rotation and increase the single-target DPS. Running a Water/Plant now, and its sustained single-target damage seems solid so far.

Dual Pistols / Devices.   Mostly because my costume is a pretty darn close hybrid to a Malta Operative and Malta Gunslinger.

2 hours ago, Novacat said:

Oh no that can be turned off. Both weapons can have their redraw removed, it's not like you're a Soldier of Arachnos!

The animation can be turned off, but the time spent running it is still there from what everyone has told me.

The animations do their normal length.

The problem way back in the day, until just a few issues before the game ended, was that redraw added another second or so. You had your 1.67s cast time, but before that you also pulled out your gun.

So that was actually a problem (they'd even given weapon sets a 5% or so bonus on their base accuracy to compensate) since longer activation times mean a straight loss of DPA/DPS.

It still looks pretty silly though.

I'm really enjoying my Dark/Energy Blaster. Rather than being an In-Your-Face Blapper build, it emphasizes soft control and super-long-range cones to keep enemies at a distance.