Best Base in Paragon, 2.1 !!! (Use this thread)

Blushield

Thanks for hosting this contest!  I was expecting Black Friday to win, personally.

I will be writing a guide specifically to some of the techniques I utilized to build Simulacrum (and problems I encountered during it), perhaps it will be of interest to others looking to build an unnecessarily oversized base.  I only saved a few in-progress screenshots so I'll have put Veracor Builds Base into a new SG to take screens of what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

I tried using the basecodes to check out a few of the winners but was getting error messages.  The error was between my ears.  I'm on a different server!

Would it be possible for folks to post some pics of the winning bases so that us other shards can see what's what on Everlasting?

3) 2 judges from the Vanguard League will begin scheduling tours about 2 weeks before the awards. Bases will be judged broadly on Theme, Creativity and Technical merit by each judge. The consensus of the committee is final.

When was this? Because I didn't hear from anyone about tours at all.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:58 PM, Saarthalian said:

3) 2 judges from the Vanguard League will begin scheduling tours about 2 weeks before the awards. Bases will be judged broadly on Theme, Creativity and Technical merit by each judge. The consensus of the committee is final.

When was this? Because I didn't hear from anyone about tours at all.

Far as I can tell, only certain bases got to give tours for the judges.

Apologies. Re-reading this, I see we were not clear on the process. A number of folks contacted us  through in-game email and we were able to schedule almost all of them. We visited all the bases and announced ourselves. In a few cases, we got tours right then or set them up for later.

Sorry for being unclear, and I'll make sure we're more explicit about how to get that set up for next round in the Fall.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, Blushield said:

Apologies. Re-reading this, I see we were not clear on the process. A number of folks contacted us  through in-game email and we were able to schedule almost all of them. We visited all the bases and announced ourselves. In a few cases, we got tours right then or set them up for later.

Sorry for being unclear, and I'll make sure we're more explicit about how to get that set up for next round in the Fall.

I appreciate your acknowledgement of it regardless. Next time just do a better job at being hosts rather than focusing on explicit information when there was nothing to be confused of - you weren't unclear. The post said to make a reply on here OR ingame. You simply failed to follow through on your end for those of us waiting on a response or a reach out from the judges. At the very least it was your guy(s) and gal(s) responsibility to make sure everyone who followed your protocol had a chance to properly be involved.

Edited by Saarthalian