Rune of Protection Graphics Persist past Buff Expiry

Blackfeather

As the title suggests, Rune of Protection from the Sorcery pool isn't displaying itself properly, in that the glyphs surrounding the character do not disappear once the power expires. They vanish if a player logs out of the game, or switches to a different map. In fact, said power can 'stack' itself graphically, leading to overlapping Runes of Protection on a character.

However, logging out/switching maps also comes with its issues; while it clears any lingering Rune graphics, it does so regardless of whether or not the buff is still on the character. Ideally, switching maps/logging out should not do this (along with having Rune's graphical effects last only as long as the buff does).

As of the patch today, this is now occurring on live.

Here's a screenshot, showing the effect still present with the combat attributes shown to indicate that the power has worn off (this way I could crop to a smaller image size):

image.thumb.png.936069f66e99f9ee76f5deb33efbb605.png

As reported by @Blackfeather the effect goes away when zoning, even when it should be present:

image.png.57fd97a69d146d8ead4c47ad534f4e97.png

I don't know if you want to move this to the Bug Reports section or not since it's on live now, but just wanted to post some corroboration.

If you activate Rune of Protection, the visual FX never goes away until you change zone, even if the buff has expired.
Also, but maybe working as intended, the ring doesn't dissappear anymore as soon as you draw your weapon or perform (or try to) an attack.

infinite_rune_of_protection.png

Having the same experience.  The rune graphic persists once activated and will not go away until I've zoned.  There have been some instances when the graphic would stop once the mission is completed and exited, but once the power is activated again you're stuck with it until the next zone change or mission completion.    

I can also confirm this is happening to me. The only thing I didn't do was ask someone else if they too see the graphic after the power expires.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

4 hours ago, KC4800 said:

I can also confirm this is happening to me. The only thing I didn't do was ask someone else if they too see the graphic after the power expires.

I can confirm others can see the graphic as well. I asked a teammate about it before knowing there was a glitch in the power.

• City Council

Did they previously last for the duration of the effect?

This was a quick fix to prevent it from lasting forever, it needs to be redone as a proper ContinuingFX on the power effect (it was originally an ActivationFX like Kheldian eyes which is all sorts of wrong and caused it to show up even if the power couldn’t be cast).

21 hours ago, Number Six said:

Did they previously last for the duration of the effect?

This was a quick fix to prevent it from lasting forever, it needs to be redone as a proper ContinuingFX on the power effect (it was originally an ActivationFX like Kheldian eyes which is all sorts of wrong and caused it to show up even if the power couldn’t be cast).

As in before the bug? I'm not sure, admittedly - I only began using the power recently. It does work as a quick fix though (in fact, it'd work nicely as a Minimal FX option as @Tuft mentioned above).

Glad to hear a more permanent fix might be in the works eventually! It sounds like there's a lot of technical details at play.

Edited by Blackfeather

3 minutes ago, Blackfeather said:

I didn't see an option for that - could you take a screenshot to demonstrate what it looks like?

🤦‍♂️ sorry .  for some reason confused RoP & Translocation.  too much studying & not enough coffee of late.