Elec Elec Mu. Perma Domi. Perma Hasten. Defence Capped.

Golden Azrael

Ok.  Of the builds that have been posted so far.  There are things I like about all of them.

Caulderon's.

The good.

Perma Domi. 🙂  Demi-god territory.

Retains 'most' of the control options which make Elec Domi shine.

Jolting Chain procced out with -end -recovery + dam, + chance for recharge!  Top marks for that one.

I get an extra pet.  Voltaic.  Which I had on live and miss somewhat.

Retains the Mu Patron.

It has the Fight pool to...help with...

High resistance approaching the cap..

Reasonable defence.

Stealth.  Novel extra protection in and around mobs which can offset (the non-capped defence numbers.)  It gives the build that thoughtful 'something 'different to the live version I had.

Recharge is pretty fast.  So we're well in perma Domi territory.

Speedy flight.  So you can get around fast to missions and can hover melee/blast/control if that style applies to you.  (Having done hover tanking, I can say that it does to me.)

The not so good.

No perma hasten?

No defence cap.

Chain fences.  Which I find essential for keeping them herd penned in to let Conductive Aura work its insidious magic.  Helps with -end and -recovery.

We lose Snipe (which had a whole patch dedicated to it's improvement.)  One of electricity's heavy hitters in a set littered with tippy tappy damage.

We lose Thunderstrike (reviled by some but I love it.)  It's heavy hitter with 'some' AoE splash and knock back which I like.  Stack it with Snipe and you have two big guns there.

You have Bolts, Brawl and Havoc to bring down those +1 x8 mobs.  This could take some time...

In conclusion.  A tough 'stealthy' dominator that can sneak into a mob, control them but does it have the fire power to bring them down in a reasonable time frame?

Next...

Oedipus_Ted.

The Good.

Strong recharge, approaching Perma Hasten territory.

Perma Domi.  Well within the comfort zone.

We retain 'all' (Bar the superfluous Chain Fence superceded by the plural Elec Fences.) of the Elegant Controls for Electricity.  Essential for the layers of soft control.

The focus is on the big hitters in Assault.  (I haven't put in the Elec Assault equivalent to the Psi.  But I will.)

Jolting Chain is a pot pouri of Damage and Recharge.  Proc' is an areas I'm 'getting into' as I didn't 'get it' on live.

It retains the Mu patron and swaps out Surge for another Pet (and I had the Mu pet on live.)

It brings back Voltaic which, again, I had on live.  Having 6 (inc' Incarnate Pets) makes a big difference in a fight.

It has the Fight Pool (for...)

It has reasonable res' numbers for the common trinity of damage types. 

Ranged defence is 'near' the soft cap.

Energy and Neg energy are at a healthy above average territory.

Quality of life.  A macro for targeting a mob with the sleep mat. 🙂

The Not So Good.

No Perma Hasten?  Agonisingly close?

No defence cap.

We don't appear to have a travel power? 😮  Taxi!  (I can always catch a train I suppose...)

We lose a chunk of the basic attack chain in:

Lightning Bolt and

Havoc Punch (my favourite, I...just....can't.... live...without... it...the swag and style of its 'punch' them out of camera shot...is too much allure) AND

BU for burst damage?  (Compounds the tippy tappyness?)

No Assault.  (But maybe that loss of 10% dam is off set by the incarnates and set bonuses...and the faster recharge.)

The resistance numbers, whist decent, are some way off the cap.

I could trade the Fight pool for the 'missing' basic attack chain.  Trading defence and resist for 'more to do' (and that's what I like about Domi's.  (Whilst I understand about trade offs, I am loathe to chop bits out of a primary or 2ndary unless they are superfluous or lemons.)  I could also swap Maneuvers for flight and I'd have 'something' very close to the build I had on live. 🙂  Which wouldn't be that much of a hardship.  With the added bonus of my Charged Armour (which I didn't have on live but I did have perma hasten.)

In conclusion.

A decent Dominator build that shadows my original build (from what I can remember) bar the chunk of the basic attack chain missing.  It's very fast which allows stacking of controls.  The elec domi is all about layered soft control.  Decent resist and ranged defence with Perma-Demi-God ness approaching the perma-hasten territory to allow you to weave your layers of control and stack the sleep mat for bosses.  It retains the flavour of the build with the Mu epic and adds two extra pets to compensate the areas where def' and res' aren't as potent eg smash and lethal defence.  But again, the res' numbers in that area...helps off set this.  The posted video shows this is a most effective build.  An 'alt' farmer.  A pleasant surprise.  A very tempting build.

Next...

Chelsea Rorec.

The Good.

We have most of the Elec Control Set's multi-layered soft control.

Most of the Assault set is retained.

The basic attack chain is kept bar one casualty.

Mu Mastery's services are retained.  Power Sink, Charged Armour and the Power Surge which is currently part of my play style.

Fight Pool to boost res and def numbers.

Decent regen and recovery numbers.

Recharge.  Very fast!

Flight pool for turbo fast travel and hover fighting capability.

Defence is ranged capped!

Resistance is capped on the major damage types!!! 😮

Synaptic Overload is given the 'treatment' with the weighting it deserves as the essential fight opening.

The Not So Good.

No Smash and Lethal Defence Cap.

Short of the Perm-hasten.

We lose Jolting Chain.  'Nooooooooooo!'  It means no proc', no time, no knock down, no proc'...(I said that.)   One less power to do -recovery.

No Mu ball?  😮

We lose Static Discharge which means we can't stack the AoEs of Mu Ball and Static Discharge to 'tap' out what's left of the mobs.  Whilst both AoE powers are somewhat mediocre, stacked they'll get an even con mob down to about half hit points?  So no AOE capability. 😮

No Voltaic.

No Mu Pet.

Conclusion.

A very fast, robust performer which is range capped with jaw breaking resistance.  It has some end drain capability and has respectable damage numbers.  This will do the job alright guv'nor and do what it says on the tin.

Bionic Flea.

The Good.

Perma Domi..!

Perma Hasten?  It must be very, very close.

It retains the essential majority of the multi-layered Primary Electric control set.  We lose the 'less plural' Chain Fence and the 'once every 4 mins' panic button, 'Static Shock.'

Jolting Chain is given lavish slotting treatment to unleash its damage potential and proc 'chance for recharge.'

It retains the essential majority of assault's 'charm' whilst keeping potent range capability and heavy blaps in Havoc and Thunderstrike whilst retaining 'some' AoE capacity. 

We keep BU to stack with the Insta-Snipe to elevate the 'tippy tappy' damage of Elec Assault Dominator.  A good opener.  An emphatic finisher.

Voltaic gives an extra pet.

The Fight Pool and Patron Pool along with Incarnates are cleverly conspiring in tandem  to deliver mouth dropping defence and resistance. :OOO   Ergo.

Defence capped.  Everything.  Domi Tank?  Domi Tanking!  Argument.  Argument?  Don't argue with this Dominator!  Compelling 'build this now' stuff.

Resistance.  Soften the blow back up resistance numbers for anything that (luckily) gets through. 

Solid slotting of Signature control powers: Chain Fences, Conductive Aura and Static Field.  These three powers are where the true power lies in the Elec Dominator.

Sound regen and recovery numbers and...

Decent acc, dam and to hit numbers.

Incarnates are used to augment Set Build capability.

There's end drain and end reduction which hints at this 'Domi Tank's' capability to drain the move reasonably quickly during any engagement.

Synaptic overload is given the weighting it needs to 'open the fight.'

The last, but not least, Mace Mastery.  Scorpion Shield helps deliver stratospheric defence numbers.  You get a another pet!  You get a P.F.Field panic button.  It's different!

The Not So Good.

Kinda like Lightning Bolt and...

Charged Brawl as part of my basic attack chain.

Mace Mastery is theme breaking.

No Mu Mastery. 😕  So no Power Sink...

Conclusion.

It's about trade offs.  And Mu Flea has a 'slight of hand' touch.  Eg.  We lose the medicore hitter in Brawl but we retain (Azrael fan favourite) Havoc as a 'basic attack' and Thunderstrike as a heavy hitter.  We lose the so-so damage and auto miss Lightning (so called) Bolt but retain the transformational 'insta-snipe.'  We lose 'Mu' Ball but retain the services of Static Charge (which wins the Palpatine envy dress sense.)  We lose Paralysing Blast but at every four minutes, will we miss it?  Recharge heavy, situational and out moded by sense shattering defence numbers.    Surge of Power.  Do we need a 'panic' control button if we're defence or res capped?  We lose Mu but we get an Arachnos Spider.  No hover or flight but we do get Super Speed.  No Power Sink.  But the build is built for 'Power Drain' over time overall therefore the end on mobs won't last as long as it does on my 'SO/General IO' based build as Conductive Aura is slotted to the hilt.  The incisive weighting to the control jewels and the emphasis on the most potent of the assault attacks are backed by insane recharge, Perma Domi and (?) Perma Hasten (?) with nose bleed defence numbers.

Is this the Holy Trinity of the 'Godly Domi Tank Drainer?'

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

8 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

You have Bolts, Brawl and Havoc to bring down those +1 x8 mobs.  This could take some time...

Outside the Snipe (which I forgot about), C.Brawl and H.Punch are your best DPA attacks.  Using them in the ST attack chain just makes sense for maximizing ST DPS.

Note that "actual" perma Hasten is less important if you have Jolting Chain slotted with +100% Recharge procs. That proc will fire pretty often and rarely if ever will you miss a Domination cycle or Hasten cycle if you are above around 85% recharge base.

Edited by oedipus_tex

what I use.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Megajoules: Level 50 Technology Dominator
Primary Power Set: Electric Control
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Assault
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Tesla Cage -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(21), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(40)
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 2: Charged Brawl -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 4: Lightning Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 6: Jolting Chain -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Build%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 8: Conductive Aura -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(45)
Level 10: Havoc Punch -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 12: Static Field -- CaloftheS-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Paralyzing Blast -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(33), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(33), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 26: Synaptic Overload -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(27), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(34), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(46), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(48), MlsIll-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Static Discharge -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(29), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(29), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 32: Gremlins -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc(34), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(39), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(40), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(43), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(37), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 38: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 47: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(25)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(27), EndMod-I(50)
Level 50: Assault Genome 
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

On 2/20/2020 at 3:48 AM, oedipus_tex said:

This is anecdotal, but I'm fairly sure I remember my Elec/Psi Dom flooring the endurance on every big boss enemy in the Summer Blockbuster trial. I am unsure whether I was exemped below Power Sink for that. Bottoming out every Elite Boss in the ITF is definitely a repeatable feature though.

Taking Preemptive incarnate will allow you to floor EB's and AV's -end in the ITF with ease if you have powersink aswell.

EB's you can drain without preemptive.

19 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

The Not So Good.

No Smash and Lethal Defence Cap.

Short of the Perm-hasten.

We lose Jolting Chain.  'Nooooooooooo!'  It means no proc', no time, no knock down, no proc'...(I said that.)   One less power to do -recovery.

No Mu ball?  😮

We lose Static Discharge which means we can't stack the AoEs of Mu Ball and Static Discharge to 'tap' out what's left of the mobs.  Whilst both AoE powers are somewhat mediocre, stacked they'll get an even con mob down to about half hit points?  So no AOE capability. 😮

No Voltaic.

No Mu Pet.

Conclusion.

A very fast, robust performer which is range capped with jaw breaking resistance.  It has some end drain capability and has respectable damage numbers.  This will do the job alright guv'nor and do what it says on the tin.

Dosn't need the S/L cap because of the range def and S/L resists

With Agility hasten is perma (119 rech to hasten 120 rech so perma by 1 second)

jolting chains had to go because it took to many slots to make it usefull.

No Mu ball because of the smash ! 🙂

More Smash and everything gets drained while waiting to be smashed by conductive 🙂

Voltaic pet got dropped because its not that long lived and the cast time reduced the smash time 🙂

Mu pet i did contemplate but went for +Max HP in surge of power.

17 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Outside the Snipe (which I forgot about), C.Brawl and H.Punch are your best DPA attacks.  Using them in the ST attack chain just makes sense for maximizing ST DPS.

You make an interesting point about ST DPS.  (Or as I like to call it, the 'smooth ness' of an attack chain because it is this than specific damage numbers that makes me tick.)

I tried Atomic Flea's 'Mu Flea' build by removing the Lightning Bolt, Charged Brawl (and the Mu Epic pool with Mu Ball, Power Sink and Surge) from my current live build.

It was an intriguing result.  Whilst apprehensive, I decided to proceed and do Radios and Tips missions on +1 x4. 

The result was intriguing.  The omissions made me think about my strategy a bit more and I was 'more direct' in my gameplay.  ie.  I 'got to' the business of confuse, sleep, chain fences, jolting chain (obviously Conductive Aura...is ongoing...) and then got down to the business of Havoc Punch, Snipe and Thunder Strike sooner.  This had the result of me taking down the mobs quicker.  Strangely, the end drain is just as quick over the course of the initial fight between conductive aura and the pets.  (Gremlins plus the two cloud 'disco balls.')  I was pretty shocked that I was dealing with Long Bow so efficiently without pressing the 'Surge' panic button.  It force me to use my heavier attacks sooner.  So...the fight finished sooner.  Less 'tippy tappy' more 'Blappy.'

That gave me pause for thought.

That said.  There is a 'slight' lull not having Charged Brawl in the attack chain.  Both it and Lightning Bolt can be 'good fillers' to take off that slither of health to finish off or to whittle down their health bar.  

So that gave me the idea of looking at Flea's build in terms of ways to bring Brawl and Bolt back in...to the basic attack chain.  The obvious candidates are Personal Force Field.  (as with that much defence in the build...do you need a defensive panic button?)  No.  But it's there a proxy for more recharge.  7.5%.  And?  The other candidate would be to lose Manouvers with the 7.5% recharge and LoTG defensive slot.  So you'd lose 15% recharge.  And about 5% defence?  In return to have those 'basic' attack chain moves back.  A single slot of acc in Lightning Bolt and possible two slots in Charge Brawl.  You'd have to pick enhancements to make them count.  Stupefy?  Something with both Acc/Dam for L Bolt.  And Acc/Dam and Dam slots for C. Brawl?

Again.  It's about trade offs.  I do having L Bolt and C. Brawl in my attack chain.  

But that 15% would take me further away Perma Hasten but I'd be well in excess of the defence cap?

Azrael.

PS.

Oedipus_Tex said:

Note that "actual" perma Hasten is less important if you have Jolting Chain slotted with +100% Recharge procs. That proc will fire pretty often and rarely if ever will you miss a Domination cycle or Hasten cycle if you are above around 85% recharge base.

So, if I swapped the 15% Global LoTG recharges from (PFF and Manou') Flea's build out for the two basic attack chain powers...the Jolting Chain +100% recharge proc will fire enough to make that irrelevant?  So 85% Global Recharge Base plus Hasten at 70%.  155% recharge.  Perma Hasten is around 190%?  So a 100% recharge proc' will pick up that slack between 155% and 190%..?

Edited by Golden Azrael

3 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Dosn't need the S/L cap because of the range def and S/L resists

With Agility hasten is perma (119 rech to hasten 120 rech so perma by 1 second)

jolting chains had to go because it took to many slots to make it usefull.

No Mu ball because of the smash ! 🙂

More Smash and everything gets drained while waiting to be smashed by conductive 🙂

Voltaic pet got dropped because its not that long lived and the cast time reduced the smash time 🙂

Mu pet i did contemplate but went for +Max HP in surge of power.

Mu Smash.  (Lends credence to Flea's build of getting on with the 'Smash' with heavier attacks.  ie.  A more direct playing style.)

I can see the logic of what you're saying.

It sounds fun. 🙂

Azrael.

PS.  So Agility can help with global recharge and therefore of eg. Hasten?  (120% global recharge with Set IOs and Agility?  Plus 70%  190% for global recharge?)

PPS.  Well, yes.  More pets, more fight 'set up time'.  It is somewhat 'ceremonial'  before a fight starts...  And yes, it is a bit of a bind having to recast Voltaic.  Given how fragile the Gremlins are.  Just make Voltaic Perma.  It's more an irritant with modest damage like all the elec pets?  Together all the pets seem to make more of a difference.  But yes, it involves set up time before and during fights.  Yes.

Edited by Golden Azrael

12 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

what I use.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Megajoules: Level 50 Technology Dominator
Primary Power Set: Electric Control
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Assault
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Tesla Cage -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(3), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(21), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(40)
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 2: Charged Brawl -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 4: Lightning Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 6: Jolting Chain -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Build%(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 8: Conductive Aura -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(45)
Level 10: Havoc Punch -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(23), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 12: Static Field -- CaloftheS-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(46)
Level 16: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Paralyzing Blast -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(33), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(33), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 26: Synaptic Overload -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(27), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(34), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(46), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(48), MlsIll-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Static Discharge -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(29), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(29), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 32: Gremlins -- BldMnd-Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc(34), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(39), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(40), BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(43), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(37), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 38: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 47: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(25)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(27), EndMod-I(50)
Level 50: Assault Genome 
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

Thank you for throwing your hat in the ring, Jubakumbi.

I shall check out this build in Mids. 🙂

Azrael.

4 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

Thank you for throwing your hat in the ring, Jubakumbi.

I shall check out this build in Mids. 🙂

Azrael.

It works for me.

I think many would call it 'very clicky'.

It tends to drive like a sports car - treat her right and she always delivers - make a wrong move and over the railing you go...

I have not accurately fleshed out my Incarnates I think in that build though.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Taking Preemptive incarnate will allow you to floor EB's and AV's -end in the ITF with ease if you have powersink aswell.

EB's you can drain without preemptive.

Pre-Emptive (don't think I've had that before or was aware it existed) with Power Sink.  That's a compelling case in terms of having that utility for the ITF.

I'm playing around with some of the builds.  eg.  In Atomic Flea's, I've swapped out the Manourvers and brought in Charged Brawl with two slots of Acc/Dam and Chance for Smashing.  But I lose 7.5% recharge global and 5% defence off the numbers in that build.  That's the trade off for that particular choice.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

Hello Jubakumbi,

I'm currently testing out aspects of all the builds suggested so far.  eg.  Full basic attack chain vs a more pruned basic attack chain with more emphasis on the heavy hitters.  Testing not using the Mu epic and seeing how the end drain -recovery goes without it.  Feeling the play style of more direct 'smash' and balancing key controls vs 'the smash.'  And what role defence eg. Barrier plays in survivability.

Do I do missions quicker like this?  Do I survive or die more often?  Will my play style adapt to the questions above.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

I want to see something as close as possible to a 'Trinity' build (Perma Domi, Hasten with high as possible Defence...backed with decent resists...) but I'm open to a compelling reason to try something new within it...that may offer something more powerful or insightful re: game play.  ie possibly a different epic/patron might deliver unexpected but superior results.  Or...a more direct style may suit me aka 'smash.'  There might be things that I think 'are' necessary but aren't.  Eg.  An exact perma hasten number when good basic recharge plus hasten plus Proccing for recharge gets you there.  And, finally, proccing itself.  I never saw the value of it on live.  But now I'm curious.  *Looks at Jolting Chain.

I want to supercede my original build on live.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

18 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

Hello Jubakumbi,

I'm currently testing out aspects of all the builds suggested so far.  eg.  Full basic attack chain vs a more pruned basic attack chain with more emphasis on the heavy hitters.  Testing not using the Mu epic and seeing how the end drain -recovery goes without it.  Feeling the play style of more direct 'smash' and balancing key controls vs 'the smash.'  And what role defence eg. Barrier plays in survivability.

Do I do missions quicker like this?  Do I survive or die more often?  Will my play style adapt to the questions above.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

I want to see something as close as possible to a 'Trinity' build (Perma Domi, Hasten with high as possible Defence...backed with decent resists...) but I'm open to a compelling reason to try something new within it...that may offer something more powerful or insightful re: game play.  ie possibly a different epic/patron might deliver unexpected but superior results.  Or...a more direct style may suit me aka 'smash.'  There might be things that I think 'are' necessary but aren't.  Eg.  An exact perma hasten number when good basic recharge plus hasten plus Proccing for recharge gets you there.  And, finally, proccing itself.  I never saw the value of it on live.  But now I'm curious.  *Looks at Jolting Chain.

I want to supercede my original build on live.

Azrael.

I am always fiddling - I think I have about 5 builds in the hopper for this one.

I have not, however, done any real tests beyond 'is it fun', and by 'fun', do I feel like a God of Lighting.

So far so good.

I don't kill as well as my tricked out Blaster, but I live longer/easier and I have a larger variety of powers.

I spend a lot of time playing this character and I found the thread, could not resist dipping in...she is an Homage to my wife, so I spare no expense or effort to make it be my best. 🙂 

Another argument for Power Sink is that, when solo, the more you disable the enemies, the longer your pets live. Dominators don't have many direct ways to keep pets alive other than their controls. Neither the imps nor the APP pets do outstanding damage, athough its much better than nothing. The gremlins each deal 87 damage every 4 seconds with their punches, excluding Jolting Chain. That basically works out to an extra couple of slots devoted to procs. It's mainly useful when fighting bosses in the cleanup phase of a big spawn.

It's also why I build for Destiny: Barrier. One very nice thing about Dominators versus other squishies is with enough Recharge you automatically have mezz protection (from Domination). So you can take Destiny: Barrier without worry. And with Power Sink, you have no worry about endurance bar either.

Edited by oedipus_tex

30 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

Another argument for Power Sink is that, when solo, the more you disable the enemies, the longer your pets live. Dominators don't have many direct ways to keep pets alive other than their controls. Neither the imps nor the APP pets do outstanding damage, athough its much better than nothing. The gremlins each deal 87 damage every 4 seconds with their punches, excluding Jolting Chain. That basically works out to an extra couple of slots devoted to procs. It's mainly useful when fighting bosses in the cleanup phase of a big spawn.

It's also why I build for Destiny: Barrier. One very nice thing about Dominators versus other squishies is with enough Recharge you automatically have mezz protection (from Domination). So you can take Destiny: Barrier without worry. And with Power Sink, you have no worry about endurance bar either.

I think you make a sound point about Power Sink (when solo) in terms of disabling the enemies to keep your pets alive longer.  The Gremlins are a bit fragile with modest damage.  Though their damage and capabilities are rounded enough to contribute to a fight sometimes getting the 'last punch' in.  Add the Gremlins to the Voltaic, the Incarnate 'Disco Balls' and the Mu Pet and all of a sudden all that 'modesty' is somewhat immodest overall.  At the least, enough of a distraction to let you 'Drain' and 'Bash.'

Further, your point about Barrier is sound.  In fact, re: the point above regarding Pets.  I never open a fight at the start of a mission without 2 Gremlins, 2 'Disco Balls' and I then hit Barrier and 'Assault' and I start the mission on the 'front foot.'  The first mob (+1 x4) really gets it.   Confused.  Drained.  Bashed.   ie.  The pets are far more robust with Barrier.  And yes.  Once you have perma domi you have the mezz protection so you don't need Clarion and can choose Barrier instead.  You don't need Ageless because with perma-hasten you have enough recharge to add layers of soft control and with Power Sink you can recover your end with it's glorious auto-hit and disable a mob's end in short order. 

So Mez, End and Recharge are the least of the Dominator's concerns.  (Many squishies may look on with envy...)

Some might say, that's a 'holy trinity' right there.

Insightful.

Azrael.

Also don't forget voltaic life span is only 1 minute so you have to recast it every minute.

So for the damage it does i didn't think it was worth taking.

Agility dosn't add global recharge, i think it enhances the recharge enhancers you already have ? i think...

And don't forget Barrier won't always be up or available to use so you will have periods with low or no def so i thought building a charactor with good def anyway was better.

And also a lot of sets give S/L resist and ranged defence all in 1.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Also don't forget voltaic life span is only 1 minute so you have to recast it every minute.

So for the damage it does i didn't think it was worth taking.

Agility dosn't add global recharge, i think it enhances the recharge enhancers you already have ? i think...

And don't forget Barrier won't always be up or available to use so you will have periods with low or no def so i thought building a charactor with good def anyway was better.

And also a lot of sets give S/L resist and ranged defence all in 1.

Voltaic.  It is annoying to recast it.  At least make it two minutes.  Every minute is a bit...  There's no getting away from that.  But so are the Gremlins as they are relatively fragile.  So are the incarnate pets.  That's why I tend to cast Barrier on them at the outside all together.  And there's always the chance to lose one of them during the course of the mission.  I could see why someone might not bother with the pets at all, let alone Voltaic.  There's enough in Perma-Domi, Elec control and the heavy melee / range attacks to deal with mobs if you have capped defence backed up by robust resistance.

But I don't mind recasting pets in the heat of battle and recasting Barrier.  It is what it is.  If Barrier was up all the time, where would the challenge be in that?  But yes, as you note, building a character with good defence is 'better' and should be a priority.  For all the shots you stop...the Domi's HPs still has to worry about the 'one or two' that get through.  It is prudent to build any squishy to be able to take a punch or two (or three.)

And as Oedipus noted, pets can be 'fragile.'  Voltaic can't be physically damaged?  So a point in its favour and this it the trade off with recasting it?  Another pet takes the pressure of the Gremlins.  eg.  Two Gremlins, 1 Voltaic, 2 'Glitter Balls' = 5 pets.  Taking the 'global' view of combat, that's a lot for any given mob to deal with plus a 'well specced' Perma-Domi-God.  Whilst the pet damage is mediocre per pet, the collective damage, frequency of attacks and distraction they provide allow the Elec Domi to weave their web of control and 'Bash.'

One of my memories from live was surrounding a Death Mage with 6 pets...and they ragged on him whilst I put the 'Smash' down on him.

Agility.  Not global recharge then.  But it enhances the recharge you already have.  So if you have 15% short of perma-hasten it could make up the short fall..?  And Agility will boost defence numbers?

Yes.  Barrier isn't available all the time.  But for 'most' of the time to keep the fragile pets up and running in 'peak' situations.  So yes, it makes that when it's down you have at least ranged cap defence.

Great defence is sound.  But I found in my experience with eg.  An ice tank or an SR tank...it's good to have that backed up by robust resistance to S+L.

Whilst I'm after the 'Holy Trinity' I'm mindful of the conflict of elegance regarding the Elec Domi'.  Do you pull legs of spiders?  Or squash ('Smash') the spider?  Or somewhere in-between?

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

Voltaic won't actually take any pressure off real pets since it can't be targeted, its aggro goes to you. So that's more like you're taking pressure off the pets by attacking, which is always a good idea when you can cap your own defenses but not those of the pets.

Also, while VS may not be worth casting IN COMBAT when you can throw out a higher-damage attack in the time, it has a big advantage of being castable before combat, so it's not eating into your combat activations during combat. You usually move faster than your pets anyhow if you're going really fast, so you have the time to cast it before a fight, and if you're not moving that fast then you have time to cast it while traveling. The only real reason not to take it isn't having to summon it regularly, it's just the question of whether it does enough damage to be worth a power pick and several slots. It does get by with less slotting than usual, though, since it really doesn't need Recharge or Endurance, so it's just Acc/Dam. 3-4 slots are enough for it. If you're willing to give up some useful Acc/Dam enhancing in it, 4 Expedient Reinforcement make it useful and get a Recharge bonus, or else 3 Centrioles max it out with just 3 slots.

• Like 1

Noted, Coyote. 🙂

To my Elec/Elec/Mu aficionados.

I've built my elec/elec/mu domi.  I stopped looking at the cost of it after a while. 😮  I'm certainly -700 million in influence.  And that's before I get to the Cat' upgrades, the merits, the emps I used for the Incarnates.

Perma Domi.  Perma Hasten.  (It's right on the nose.)  Defence?  Ranged 28%.  Smash.  25.89%.  Melee.  24.96%.  AoE.  21.83%.  Energy 29.33%.

Resistance.  S&L.  70.06%.  Energy.  49.29%.

And then I press Hybrid..  And those numbers climb steeply.  +7% from Hybrid takes ranged to 35%.  Melee to 32%.  Energy 36%.

Then I press Barrier and... those number climb vertically.  Initially I'm well in excess of the cap.  Eventually?  Settling towards the end of the charge of Barrier to 7% above the initial numbers.  eg. 37% Ranged.

Tick tocking and staggering Hybrid and Barrier means I can have ranged def of eg. 41% or various other numbers.  So defence is a moving target depending on wether you press all at the same time or stagger them to deal with the 'gap' after Barrier is on cool down.

Even during it's dying embers, Barrier will give 5% S&L resist to cap me to S&L damage.  And Energy res' stays capped at 75% for quite a while.

So there is burst defence and long lasting capped S&L res' that can take on the intial peak of a fight.  Which reminds me of my approach to my Ice Tanker.

It's...very powerful.  Potent.  I was looking at Mu Flea's build and adapted it with the suggestions or ideas from the other builds posted.  Out go Scorpion Shield, FF and Spider Pet.  In come Power Sink, Charged Armour and Mu Ball.  It's charged armour that is pivotal in getting the S&L numbers to 70%.  Sure, if I do nothing for too long and just 'stand there' and get hit.  I could be in trouble.  There is a window of opportunity for the 'bad guys' to hurt me.  As long as I play reasonably well it's like being a Demi-God. 

The Jolting Chain proccing is insane. 😮  I went heal, hold and smashing.  End Mod.  And a Perf Shifter + chance.  F Feedback too.

I hover.  I eased out Combat Jump because I like Hover combat.  I find it fun.  Same slotting as Mu Flea had for the CJ though.

I couldn't live without Flight.  So out went SS and I lost a bit of recharge there and with the loss of PFF in the Scorpion Patron.  About 15%.  But I seem to have perma-hasten on 167.50% recharge?  It seems to be 'on the nose.'

Perma Domi.  Auto Button seems to have  a problem recasting Domination.  I remember this on live.  And you'd lose your Domi bar and have to build it up again.  So I've put Hasten on Control Perma auto click.  And I have to remember in combat to 'click' the Domi button manually.  That way it actually happens every time so long as I remember.  It comes around pretty quick.  My base recharge is 97.5%.  Before I press 'Hasten.'

I'm contemplating a Mu Flea approach with the higher defence and perma spider pet as an alt build.  This would close the window for mobs to hurt me as often.  I was going to build it...then I just couldn't do it.  I wanted the 'theme' with Mu.  It's just what I've been playing.  I enjoy it.  Power Sink just lets you floor mobs on +2 x8 to no attacks or their weakest ones.

Those are my initial findings.  It's an order of magnitude more powerful than my SO/IO general build.  It's a dazzling array of power when you get Chain Fences, Jolting 'Proc' Chain', Static etc rocking.

The maiden voyage vs Carnie on +2 x8?  They were dispatched.  I dare say I toyed with them.  Esp' the Illusion Masters...

I don't miss Brawl or Bolt.

The Dominator is a work of Art like this.  It's great fun to play.  You can take your time pulling legs off Carnie or 'Mash' them.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

On 2/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, jubakumbi said:

I am always fiddling - I think I have about 5 builds in the hopper for this one.

I have not, however, done any real tests beyond 'is it fun', and by 'fun', do I feel like a God of Lighting.

So far so good.

I don't kill as well as my tricked out Blaster, but I live longer/easier and I have a larger variety of powers.

I spend a lot of time playing this character and I found the thread, could not resist dipping in...she is an Homage to my wife, so I spare no expense or effort to make it be my best. 🙂 

How lucky your wife is to have such a dedicated homage. 🙂

'God of Lightning.'  I think that is a good summation.  Fun.  You're right.  It doesn't kill as faster as a Blaster...but I just maybe...'more fun' and survivable and with variety of play style.

Azrael.

23 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Agility.  Not global recharge then.  But it enhances the recharge you already have.  So if you have 15% short of perma-hasten it could make up the short fall..?  And Agility will boost defence numbers?

No what i think it does is improve the recharge enhancers in hasten by X Amount.

You won't see any global recharge or an improvement in domination recharge but you will see powers with recharge enhancers improve.