You know you've spent too long...

Troo

On 2/24/2020 at 3:35 PM, Ironblade said:

6 hours per week.png

What ? My son on Saturday and Sunday will get at least 12 hours in a day with his Switch, PS4, Xbox and cpu. 

Who ever came up with those numbers needs to get in touch with reality 😀.

I'll tell my son get off of what ever platform he's on and his response is " But dad I'm a Gamer and this is what I do !!"

Tossing Harry (Haroeris… my Claws Brute fire-farmer) into a big map full of goons and just plowing through them is honestly a pretty relaxing thing for me. It's active enough to hold my interest, while still being low-stress to the point that I can just kind-of go into zen mode with it. 

It's very easy to lose track of time when you're Zen Farming. 

• Haha 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

29 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

Is this anything like you know you've been a City of Heroes player for a long time if you still know who Bastion is?

(Hint for those who don't know: One of the NPCs in the game had his name changed after Marvel sued NCSoft so "Bastion" is still a character in the game we just don't call him that anymore.)

His is the last TF I have to do tonight for TF Commander... 😄

My favorite version of that is.... Remember when you had to have a specific face/head to have elf ears?

And had to completely restart the character to change a costume detail?

Edited by Coyotedancer

3 hours ago, RialVestro said:

Is this anything like you know you've been a City of Heroes player for a long time if you still know who Bastion is?

(Hint for those who don't know: One of the NPCs in the game had his name changed after Marvel sued NCSoft so "Bastion" is still a character in the game we just don't call him that anymore.)

Well I have to ask. Who did Bastion become?

8 hours ago, Drazah Krad said:

people say they are an altoholic... I spend more time THINKING of the alts I could make with mids then inevitably go play my fully IO'd controller cause I spent my playing time on mids instead of actually playing . Only get a little bit of time to play and I always waste it lol

This is exactly my problem as well. A part of me feels that once I have a plan all built on Mids I already hit 50 in game. That is why so many of my mids creations never get made.

You're playing a LAN party at a con and really having a lot of fun!

You think it might be a little bit past midnight, maybe 1 am ...

... and then somewhere behind you someone incredulously gasps, "My god, is that the Sun?"

... because, of course it is ... and the Sun is completely above the horizon already.

This actually happened to me at Project A-Kon 5, and the game being played was DOOM 2 ... and my kill count was consistently higher than the other 2 players on the LAN combined (we only had 3 computers on the LAN).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:23 PM, EmmySky said:

This is why I have a spreadsheet with my toons, origin and AT, powersets primary and secondary, face #, hair style and color and their signature color(s) for costume.  No repeats lol

I got really mad at myself when I discovered two of my favorite toons to play were both running the same face.  This was a big deal.  Stopped my leveling of both for several days as I compared all their outfits to other faces and decided which one needed a literal face-lift.

As for the "desire to ding" -- I'm blessed and cursed, here.  I have this thing where, even if i'm only 2 kills away from leveling, I can tell myself "that will be something to look forward to next time I log in."  It's really effective and mostly healthy!  But it also means I have a lot of RPGs I've abandoned right before the final boss.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RialVestro said:

Um... as far as I know you have never had to completely restart a character to change a costume detail. You did however need to go to the tailor in Steel Canyon, Independence Port, or Founder's Falls which were the three original Icons that have always been in the game.

Way, way back in the very earliest days... there were no tailors.

(Now, what I *don't* remember is if that changed before or after the headstart and official release, or if that was just a pre-release thing. My memory isn't that good. I also remember NOT HAVING vidiot's overlays, though, and that was a pain in the butt. XD) 

Edited by Coyotedancer

And no matter how long one spends in the costume creator, when the costume is done, it took exactly the amount of time needed, no more, no less.

"A Tailor is never late, nor are they early, the costume is complete when it's complete", or something like that...

Just because the sun is up again and there are an entirely different group of people playing, doesn't mean it took too long, only that it is finally right.

• Like 1

I entered CoH with Issue 4, the first anniversary.  So tailors had been in the game for a long time by then - & I still knew of players that would delete & reroll a character in order to get the costume right.  I'm sure some just dreaded the potential debt trap that trying to run to northeast Steel Canyon to Icon could be.  But I believe that most just figured they couldn't afford the tailor fees & that it was easier to reroll & design the "perfect" costume for free in the character generator instead.  You have to remember that for many (maybe most) players, it was City of Deadbroke Bums for most of their time. 😉

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

46 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

And that, yeah... 

"Remember when debt was SCARY" is another one.

My friend that used to play had two blasters on Live that got so far into debt early on that he just deleted them.

One of the changes I don't mind in modern MMOs is lower death penalties, some of those corrpse runs back in the day were not fun in any way either.

You know you've spent too long in debt when it's faster to re-roll and re-level than to keep the character...

• Like 1