Street Justice/Shield...

Necrodomis

I can toss up my own build when I get home.  Mind you, my builds tend to be on the expensive side, but it can give you something to look at at least.

One of my favorite characters from the old days too.  ^_^

Okay, like I said this is far from the budget build you're asking for.  That said, here's a current build for my Street Justice/Shield Defense brute Megamisama (who I have to admit, I haven't recreated on these servers yet.)

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Megamisama: Level 50 Magic Brute

Primary Power Set: Street Justice

Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Pyre Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Heavy Blow -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(7)

Level 1: Deflection -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Rchg+(9), GldArm-3defTpProc(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), Rct-ResDam%(37)

Level 2: Sweeping Cross -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Arm-Acc/Rchg(15)

Level 4: True Grit -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), Prv-Absorb%(19), Prv-Heal(50)

Level 6: Battle Agility -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), LucoftheG-Rchg+(21)

Level 8: Rib Cracker -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(27), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)

Level 10: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 12: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(23), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(25)

Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29)

Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 18: Spinning Strike -- SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(31), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(33)

Level 20: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)

Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)

Level 26: Tough -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)

Level 28: Weave -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Rchg+(37)

Level 30: Combat Readiness -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)

Level 32: Crushing Uppercut -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(43)

Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(40)

Level 38: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Rchg+(46)

Level 41: Char -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), Lck-Rchg/Hold(42), Lck-Acc/Rchg(46), Lck-Acc/Hold(50)

Level 44: Fire Blast -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dam%(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46)

Level 47: Fire Ball -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(50)

Level 49: Phalanx Fighting -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(36)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(34)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Fury

Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 1: Combo Level 1

Level 1: Combo Level 2

Level 1: Combo Level 3

Level 50: Pyronic Judgement

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

------------

Now the parts that I would want to point out:  under totals I'm at extremely high Melee/Ranged/AoE defense.  Softcap is only 45% so I'm very much overkill here in a couple of spots.  I'm getting a lot of defense from Winter IO sets, and I have a couple of purple sets for recharge, and both ATO sets and also a few pvp IOs (Shield Wall, Gladiator's Armor, Panacea).  Obviously for a budge build you will need to avoid most of that but you should still shoot for 45% Melee/Ranged/AoE defense or better, and for that the most important of those expensive pieces is the Glad Armor with 3% global defense.

I tend to skip One with the Shield (or similar Defense/Resist Tier 9 powers) precisely BECAUSE I'm already nearly unkillable as built.  For a budget build you can probably use that power, would be my guess.  Other than that I know Grant Cover is useful to provide some defense for teammates, but I skipped it, and Shin Breaker is as far as I remember a good power but I was going for as much AoE damage as possible so I skipped that.  (All of which is another way  to say -- there aren't that many powers in either set that are no-brainers to skip, what you skip is entirely your choice.)

I'm getting 3.75% ranged defense from a Mako's Bite set, and 3.75% ranged defense / 2.5% AoE defense from a Lockdown set in Char (which really is the only reason I 6-slotted Char).  I think ranged defense is one of the harder ones to get for a melee character so you may consider more than one Mako's full set for your build.  I don't think of those kind of rare recipe IOs as out of the range of a budget build, but I'm aware that they're selling for around 3 million to 5 million a piece on the market right now (at least the market I checked -- does each server have a different market?  I don't even know).  I use converters a lot which is a cheap way to transform uncommon IOs into the rare IOs you want more.

Otherwise this is just one example of a build for you to look at.  You can consider this just an example of one way you can trick out a StJ/Shield brute.  With very high defenses and moderately good resists and decent recharge, I like this build.  ^_^

• 4 weeks later

Documented the above build in the "Share A Build" project (link in signature). Created to help centralize and organize builds based on Archetype and power sets so they can be easily found.

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club