Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

Meanwhile, in Atlas Park....

[NPC] Worried Citizen: The refugees are eating all the food. The Belly Shack is out of their Bulging Belly Burgers!

Edit: overheard another one in Atlas...

[NPC] Worried Citizen: The refugees are eating all the food. The Taco Emporium is out of their Whipped Fish Quesadillas!

Edited by TraumaTrain
  • Haha 1

Striga Isle Warriors. I assume it was completely random, but Mindi really sold this sequence for me:

[NPC] Hewer Elite: These artifacts are priceless.

[NPC] Slasher: We are mighty!

[NPC] Mindi: Oh, gosh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Masters of the obvious:

[NPC] Dr. Ulecht: We can sort who betrayed whom out later!
[NPC] Lt. Epstein: It's not as if Blitzstrahlschild were going to barge in here or something!
[NPC] Dr. Ulecht: Blitzstrahlschild! We are betrayed! The Center will hear of this!
[NPC] Lt. Epstein: I am not sure that this negotiation is truly secure.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another fun example of mission dialog conflicting with randomized enemy generation. I was doing that mission arc where some Council robots have become self-aware and are trying to take over. I "heard" the following dialog that would make a whole lot more sense if it was being spoken by actual human Council soldiers:

[NPC] Zenith Mech Man: These robots have gone crazy!

[NPC] Zenith Hoverbot: We've got to get out!
[NPC] Zenith Mech Man: Move, you morons!

A similar one I think I may have already posted had a Council robot expressing its dream of some day joining the ranks of the Vampyri.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later

I had a Bored of the Rings moment this morning, flying toward the last mission of Heather Townsend's arc:

[NPC] Frost Shaman: Rip! Sunder! Shred!
[NPC] Elder of Sorrow: Rip! Sunder! Shred!

and I immediately thought of the missing third mob:

[NPC] Corduroy Thesaurus: Rip! Sunder! Shred! See Tear.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

It's because she (Sunsweet, my dual blades villain) is happiest when she's stabbing:

Mission entry text popup: "The long walk to this dump has made you angry. Most folks don't like you when you're angry. Most folks don't like you when you're happy either."

Also:

Luddite Friar: Figure 1 shows the difference between a 'Good Protest' and a 'Bad Protest.'

Luddite Friar: The Bad Protest is the one with all of the head injuries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

The occasional live responses. An NPC thug's girlfriend talking to a Skulls gunner:

[NPC] Ex Girlfriend: Well, I just can't get behind what you do. I mean, being a Skulls girlfriend is a thankless job. I always have to run when things get good. I hate that.
[cue incoming fire blast]
[NPC] Ex Girlfriend: It's been real, hon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Blood Brother Slammer in The Hollows:

"No, she didn't say that. What makes you think she said that? Did she say something?"

A "Suspicious Citizen" in First Ward. This isn't worrying at all:

"You always hurt the ones you love, and I love you so, so much."

(No idea who they were talking to. I didn't see the NPC, I just spotted the line in my chat box.)

Edited by RikOz

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

[NPC] Desperate Guy: You've made me so nervous that I've totally forgotten my standard pick-up line.

[NPC] Turndown Girl: That one MUST have hurt coming out of your mouth.

On a character whose ID states they are basically an android: 

[NPC] Homeless Citizen: I swear I see robots everywhere.

The "personal mission" from Eagle Eye has some great exposition and dialogue, but it's kind of an Easter egg.

[Caption] Eagle Eye: Security tapes confirm that Deadlock slipped in through the submarine bay...
[Caption] Deadlock: I'm gettin' too old fer this...
[Caption] Eagle Eye: Somehow he didn't trip the alarms, he must have been cloaked from them somehow...

If you go from the sub back toward the 'exit' you get this:

[Caption] Eagle Eye: Deadlock wandered around for a bit, maybe he was disoriented or checking for other exits...
[Caption] Deadlock: Where's the crapper in this joint anyway?

And then you run across the Longbow 'guards'... 

[NPC] Longbow Flamethrower: I feel kinda worthless guarding Fort Trident. I mean, who would try to attack this place?
[NPC] Longbow Flamethrower: Shut it, you're gonna jinx it, man.

Cue Deadlock, stage center.  Violence ensues! 

PC uses Athletic Run and Speed Siphon to run over the wall between Wentworths and the SC campus of Paragon U, landing on the roof of one of the buildings:

[NPC] Campus Security: Don't think I won't ticket you for super leaping over the campus building because I will!

Damn rent-a-cops... 

Also, Nemesis is indeed a villainous megalomaniac, but at least he has a sense of panache.

e48f7b385adb0a893ea11da832d5c0a9[1].jpg

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

As I was flying past an AE building:

Architect Patron [#1]: Architect Entertainment spans multiple dimensions. We could be playing a mission built by someone from another universe!

Architect Patron [#2]: It's not even possible to describe how dumb you are.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, RikOz said:

We could be playing a mission built by someone from another universe!

Oh that's not meta at all, nooo.  🙂 

• Haha 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

As I entered a mission to stop Crey from terrorizing a bank, the mission pop-up upon entry said something to the effect of, "Does Crey think they're above the law?"

After I dismissed the pop-up, I noticed the dialog box:

[NPC] Field Agent: Working for Crey, you know, sometimes I just feel kind of above the law.

A bit later, doing a safeguard mission, I encountered Double Tap robbing the bank. He had this to say:

"You're not a REAL hero! A REAL hero, like me, would have killed me by now!

• Thumbs Up 1

[NPC] Advanced Drone: Guard Duty: Lacks Honor

[NPC] Infantry: Profound Realization: You Complain

The Rikti Drones are apparently sentient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

So I was SJing through Skyway on my Water/Nature Corr, Buffalo Lil, when I thought I saw the following conversation:

[NPC] Gardvord: It a cow!
[NPC] Trollkin Gunner: Get gone!

And I was incredibly confused.  Had someone somehow programmed in NPC dialogue that would react to the specific costume choices of the characters?  Had the someone who did that then written dialogue for the rather niche instance of a character using the bovine head?  Were Trolls especially afraid of cows, for some obscure lore reason? Then I looked closer and...

[NPC] Gardvord: It a cowl!

Oh, okay then.  Never mind, carry on.

• Haha 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

With all the beatdowns you see the Freakshow giving to the Warriors, I'm totally expecting a Freak to sing out "Warriors... Come out to Pla-yayyyy...!"

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

During the "Get the Ultrascope" radio mission:

[NPC] Archon Foss:  This really puts a damper on my evil buzz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 1 month later

Can we post things that are player quotes and not NPC quotes? I've got a few: 

Going Rogue launch night back on live, while standing in a remarkably crowded tutorial zone:-

Z. Fox: Holy Tutorial Zone 2!
Acyl: Our tutorial who art on server, instanced be thy name.
Acyl: Thy XP come, thy kills be done, on server as it was in beta.
Acyl: Give us this launch, our daily play, forgive us our faceplants as we forgive those who PvP against us.
Acyl: Bring us not to deletion, but deliver us from altitis.
Acyl: For thine is the expansion, the players and the community, now and forever. Amen.
Z. Fox: I don't know whether to appreciate the skill... or decry the desecration... (tilts hands back and forth*
Acyl: *smirks*

Edited by Dynamo-Joe
  • Like 1