Favorite in-game quotes

Troo

3 hours ago, Lines said:

326499893_2020-09-2614_13_11-Grandville.png.7e86fc72622dc7c3b0102861747c501e.png

Slow news day, I guess.

That looks exactly like the mission list I get when all I need are two more Zeus Titans for the badge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Some new ones:

Heard while hitting the badges and plaques in First Ward:
[NPC] Resistance Fighter: Aw, this ain't good. He done got baconized!

In the 'Find kidnapped body builder' mission, proof that the Council are just cranked out on assembly lines with minimal sapience:
[NPC] Equinox Parasite: I, too, hope to go to Ravenna someday.
[NPC] Vortex Cor Leonis Fire: Leon Natale is a lucky, lucky man.
[NPC] Zenith Hoverbot: I, too, hope to go to Ravenna someday.
[NPC] Equinox Parasite: Leon Natale is a lucky, lucky man.

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, MTeague said:

[Doc Buzzsaw]  "Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?"

Never change, Doc. Never change.

Slight reference to Juggernaut from Marvel Comics?

On 9/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, CursedSorcerer said:

[NPC] Spectral Daemon: You're quite correct. You 'ain't got no problem' with us.' 
[NPC] Ohmtown: Look, money, I'm just here on a mission for my man Drek. I ain't got no problem with you.
[NPC] Spectral Daemon: Unfortunately, that's a double negative, 
[NPC] Spectral Daemon: meaning that you do indeed have a problem.

This makes me a bit more sympathetic to the Circle of Thorns, actually. 

It sounds like the Spectral Daemons would properly appreciate Wierd Al's #WordCrimes video.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Slight reference to Juggernaut from Marvel Comics?

"Juggernaut" as a word entered English in the mid-19th century from the Sanskrit "Jagannatha", which a name for Krishna, specifically in reference to a huge wagon that carried statues of gods, including Jagannatha.  In British pop culture, it was believed that this wagon would run over everything in its path, & so soon gained the connotation of an unstoppable force.  So referring to something or someone as a juggernaut long preceded Marvel Comics in the 1960s adopting this concept to a character.

• Thanks 2

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Okay, ya'll help me out here please.

I seem to recall from live (ok so a memory at least a decade old, questionable at best) an Igneous or some such in the Gulch in the Hollows saying "Where am friend?"

Am I misremembering?  Am I remembering a different game (LOL like I play other games)?  Can anyone help me pin this down?  Am thinking of taking a toon to peruse the gulch to see if I can find it but I don't remember if its tied to a specific mission or enemy or arc or whatever.

2 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I seem to recall from live (ok so a memory at least a decade old, questionable at best) an Igneous or some such in the Gulch in the Hollows saying "Where am friend?"

Am I misremembering?  Am I remembering a different game (LOL like I play other games)?  Can anyone help me pin this down? 

You're close!  I just searched my chatlogs, and it's actually said by Slag Heaps redside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!