Patch Notes for February 18th, 2020

The Curator

3 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Neither Tornado nor Voltaic Sentinel could ever have their damage buffed afaik.

Not sure about the others.

Exactly, If you slotted the Soulbound proc in Tornado or Sentinel the proc would just only fire on you.  So I often would slot the proc in both of those pets and treat their summoning as another Build Up Power. 

Previously the Soulbound proc behaved differently with Controller and Dominator pets.  The proc would show that is was firing roughly ever other time your Imps or Haunt would attack something.

2 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

Exactly, If you slotted the Soulbound proc in Tornado or Sentinel the proc would just only fire on you.  So I often would slot the proc in both of those pets and treat their summoning as another Build Up Power. 

Previously the Soulbound proc behaved differently with Controller and Dominator pets.  The proc would show that is was firing roughly ever other time your Imps or Haunt would attack something.

Imps and Haunt, and other Controller or Dom pets, are not "pseudopets" the way Tornado, Freezing Rain, etc are.

I THINK (have not tested) that the proc SHOULD be buffing the damage of real pets like Imps, Spiderlings, and so forth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doomrider said:

Just quickly tested. Soulbound proc is not going off at all for FIre Imps. Not on activation or when they attack. No pink BU icon on their buff bar and I just checked combat log too, no spikes in damage at all. 

Same here.  I'm going to test the proc in the other Controller pets.

• Like 1

• City Council
2 hours ago, olio said:

I downloaded the islandrum-mac.zip, but upon unpacking and running Island Rum, I get following error message:

You can’t use this version of the application “Island Rum” with this version of OS X. You have OS X 10.10.5. The application requires OS X 10.11 or later.

Am I'm out of luck or can I somehow run CoH Homecoming under OS X 10.10.5?

1 hour ago, Williwaw said:

... wait, I use Island Rum on 10.10.5, but I haven't played in a while.  Now I'm afraid to click on Island Rum.

But I will.  Let's see....

Okay, I don't get that error message.  Instead it just crashes to desktop.

Well, I guess it was nice playing CoH while it lasted. 😠

Try again - you should be able to play now, but the people on Catalina might have an issue...

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

Soulbound is only firing only on me once when I slotted it in Merc: Soldier, Haunt and Umbra Beast.  Maybe this is working as intended.  I'll have to check if the proc even did anything in the first place using outside sources.

This is an oversight, Pet Sets like this one should be the other way around: only proc on the pet not the caster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Just now, Captain Powerhouse said:

This is an oversight, Pet Sets like this one should be the other way around: only proc on the pet not the caster.

Proc on the pet for regular MM and Dom and Troller pets, and in pseudopets it should simply do nothing at all or should proc on the caster?

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Proc on the pet for regular MM and Dom and Troller pets, and in pseudopets it should simply do nothing at all or should proc on the caster?

To clarify:

Pet Sets like Soulbound specifically should proc when pets use powers, and buff the pet. They should not buff the caster.

Other procs (like, Performance Shifter or Assassin's ATO's Proc for instance) should only proc on the player when summoned/placed, not any pet.

Right now its bugged, and all behaving like non-pet sets.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

21 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

what do Dark Servant, Voltaic Sentinel, and others qualify as?

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, GM Widower said:

Try again - you should be able to play now, but the people on Catalina might have an issue...

Running Catalina 10.15.3 and just ran the patch. All is well on my end- at least enough to load in, spin around once, and log back out. So, anecdotally all is well for folks running Catalina. 

Now hopefully the occasional giant lag spikes of doom will clear up with this patch...

52 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Pet Sets like Soulbound specifically should proc when pets use powers, and buff the pet. They should not buff the caster.

Oh boy, this ought to be good...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Yeah, my f/f Brute is seeing runners when using Burn...  Not as bad as previously on Live, but they're still there.  Probably about as bad as the first round of fixes on the Test Center.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I understand the soulbound allegiance build up is bugged, but just to be clear - there is no longer a reason to put the "gaussian's chance to build up" proc in Thugs Enforcers anymore, as it only procs on the player now instead of the pets themselves? And only when you summon enforcers themselves, not just constantly over time?

Edited by Rathys (SC)

10 hours ago, GM Widower said:

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded Island Rum through the link in this post:

I still got the same error message.

16 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

To clarify:

Other procs (like, Performance Shifter or Assassin's ATO's Proc for instance) should only proc on the player when summoned/placed, not any pet.

Right now its bugged, and all behaving like non-pet sets.

It will be nice not be spammed by "assassins mark" when using shield charge as it didnt actually refresh buildup. 

That said, is there any way to get shield charge (and lightning rod I presume) to work with assassins mark?