Patch Notes for February 18th, 2020

The Curator

So on my tanker, since the patch I see a yellow swirling blob of light on all my targets. In the middle of a big crowd of mobs it’s a LOT of light and graphics going on! What is this and can I turn it off?

Chazcon says, "FOR THE VITAE!"

Ru says, "CHAZ!"

Simply Red says, "I am SO not recovering your body."

20 minutes ago, 5haggy said:

So on my tanker, since the patch I see a yellow swirling blob of light on all my targets. In the middle of a big crowd of mobs it’s a LOT of light and graphics going on! What is this and can I turn it off?

Random guess: Reactive Interface?

21 hours ago, Tater Todd said:

I tested out the Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up proc on Singularity and on Summon Spiderlings and The chance of Build Up proc only fires when you summon the pet with the said proc and the proc only fires on you.  Meaning you get the buff  now instead of the pets.  I've seen this behavior with Tornado and also Voltaic Sentinel. 

So I'm assuming the combat log information stating that the proc was firing on my pets in the past was false or erroneously showing it was firing but not truly buffing my pets damage output?

It was never supposed to buff the pet. When the pet attacks its supposed to give the buff to you.

19 hours ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

To clarify:

Pet Sets like Soulbound specifically should proc when pets use powers, and buff the pet. They should not buff the caster.

Other procs (like, Performance Shifter or Assassin's ATO's Proc for instance) should only proc on the player when summoned/placed, not any pet.

Right now its bugged, and all behaving like non-pet sets.

Thats inconsistent with existing procs for pets. Where it plainly states the proc affects the pets in the Enhancement info. Chance for buildup has always buffed the player when the pet uses the power Whether is from soulbound allegiance or decimation. Even the earlier less broken versions of mids have a click for this to factor it into your powers damage

2 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

Thats inconsistent with existing procs for pets. Where it plainly states the proc affects the pets in the Enhancement info. Chance for buildup has always buffed the player when the pet uses the power Whether is from soulbound allegiance or decimation. Even the earlier less broken versions of mids have a click for this to factor it into your powers damage

No, Soulbound Allegiance's chance for build up has always procced on the pets rather than the player, every mastermind guide recommends slotting it for exactly that reason. Many specifically recommend slotting it in T1 pets because they proc it more frequently and benefit more from the tohit increase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, siolfir said:

Random guess: Reactive Interface?

You know what.. this morning I was messing with incarnates. Will check after work. Thank you.    - Chicken Little

Ru says, "CHAZ!"

1 hour ago, 5haggy said:

You know what.. this morning I was messing with incarnates. Will check after work. Thank you.    - Chicken Little

To save you some time (possibly), here's what it looks like on one target:

image.png.27d15ca03f3f7f8fc5e72371ae5f9abb.png

Ignore the green effect... that's from Rad Melee causing a Contaminated effect.

4 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

It was never supposed to buff the pet. When the pet attacks its supposed to give the buff to you.

The proc is only supposed to apply to the pet, not to you. The game engine has no way of checking a proc on you when your pet uses a power.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

Completely incorrect as Captain Powerhouse already confirmed.  Also, never base how something is supposed to work based on how it is coded to work in a third party character builder.  

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 2

Just now, Wavicle said:

It should not have ever worked on PA if I understand correctly. PA is supposed to be unbuffable.

Unbuffable from external buffs.  The proc is a self buff.  That's like saying damage enhancements shouldn't work them either as that is a "buff".

On 2/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, Wavicle said:

Dark Servant is a pet.  Voltaic Sentinel is a pseudopet.  At least that's how I understand it.

DS can be buffed and healed, and damaged. VS cannot.

That's not my understanding of what a "pseudopet" is.  My understanding of a "pseudopet" is that it's something that a naive player of the game would not think of as a pet, but which was coded as one in the game because it's a way to get continuous effects and other things that are hard to code as a single power activation.  So, patches like Rain of Fire are pseudopets (that is, there's an invisible pet that sits there and applies damage to everything in a radius around it).

Voltaic Sentinel and other untargetable pets like Lore Radials and Phantom Army are still, to my understanding, pets.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, VileTerror said:

Get a little blue in there, and you'll be defeating that nazi with the power of RAINBOWS!

The best weapon to use against their kind, frankly.

Well said, well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ru says, "CHAZ!"

8 hours ago, nzer said:

No, Soulbound Allegiance's chance for build up has always procced on the pets rather than the player, every mastermind guide recommends slotting it for exactly that reason. Many specifically recommend slotting it in T1 pets because they proc it more frequently and benefit more from the tohit increase.

Don't care what mastermind guides say it has always proc'd otherwise as I take patron pets on nearly every character. If you want to test this yourself simply slot the proc in any recharge intensive pet and go let your pets attack something and watch for the purple hasten icon and also check your to hit and damage bonus using the combat attribute window.

Just saying if this is suddenly going to be changed after all these years make two versions of the io instead of doing a nerf for what you prefer.

Edited by Noyjitat

On 2/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, Noyjitat said:

Don't care what mastermind guides say it has always proc'd otherwise as I take patron pets on nearly every character. If you want to test this yourself simply slot the proc in any recharge intensive pet and go let your pets attack something and watch for the purple hasten icon and also check your to hit and damage bonus using the combat attribute window.

Just saying if this is suddenly going to be changed after all these years make two versions of the io instead of doing a nerf for what you prefer.

I can't test it now as Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up is currently bugged, but the enhancement text specifically says the buff is provided to the pet. So if it did behave like you claim, which I very much doubt, that is clearly a bug.

2 hours ago, Kokonatsu said:

I love the people who work on the code and maintain the game for the rest of us. With that said this change to taunt scaling has me upset to the point I am ready to cry.  I have been tanking on brutes sense issue 7 ... I love playing brutes... if I can’t hold agro over a tank that only serves to hurt me as a brute player and in no way helps the tank. I feel this change was short sighted and will only actually have the affect of screwing over people who really want to tank on their brutes... it doesn’t help tanks on any way... they don’t care who is being swung at.. brutes want to be attacked and if they can’t pull agro off a tank that hurts them while serveing no other purpose. HATE the change ... have to reroll my main character if this stays... PLEASE change taunt scaling back to being even for tanks and brutes. this is a bad design idea that can easily be fixed by simply changing it back.

すみません、ちょっと。。。ここはだいじょぶです😁

Look over the patch notes, brutes will be better than before, their fury building is easier now. When a brute and tank are on a team, they won't conflict, because your fury building is easier now.

Tanks should have a bit better aggro management, but now that doesn't hurt brutes. Play test it, you'll see bruting is easier now. There was an aura bug, that is fixed.

Also, your name *almost* means "Summer's here!" So, if that was intentional, well played! Nice name.

よろしくお願いします!がんばって!

On 2/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, nzer said:

I can't test it now as Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up is currently bugged, but the enhancement text specifically says the buff is provided to the pet. So if it did behave like you claim, which I very much doubt, that is clearly a bug.

Direct copy and paste from the game.

UNIQUE -- No more than 1 enhancement of this type may be slotted by a character. Gives a small chance to have a "Build Up" power effect the pets using this enhancement. This effect will trigger roughly 3 times per minute.

It has had this text since the day the IO was introduced into the game, and it had functioned like the description says it should.  I agree that this enhancement obviously bugged now....

38 minutes ago, Kommon said:

Direct copy and paste from the game.

It has had this text since the day the IO was introduced into the game, and it had functioned like the description says it should.  I agree that this enhancement obviously bugged now....

I'm confused. You quoted the text from the game and it says exactly what nzer said, build power Effect the pets, so what are you arguing about?

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

I'm confused. You quoted the text from the game and it says exactly what nzer said, build power Effect the pets, so what are you arguing about?

I wasn't arguing.  I was piggybacking off of what was said by nzer.  I probably should have quoted Noyjitat and posted an actual screenshot of the enhancement text but... I'm suffering from chronic laziness.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, nzer said:

Yes because I obviously have a reason to lie about this....